4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:08 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Dont' you mean SPOS v SPOS? ;) :lol:

I did try and think of a way to describe their match :lol:

Think maybe OSPOS (Old St Pauls Old Scholars) v SPOS works.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby lion heart » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:31 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Junior85 wrote:Any feedback from the Marion Vs Mawson Lakes A grade game?
Mawson Lake's didn't receive many votes in the 'Who will win the D7 Grand Final?' poll but their results are showing they'll be right in the mix.. Possibly the same with St Pauls, with both of these teams to face off this week.

Mawson Lakes will pump St Pauls.

St Pauls are travelling well, but they've had the luxury of facing the bottom 3 sides in the opening month.

I still expect they'll finish closer to 10th than 1st, and Houghton/Central United should be around the mark when the whips a cracking.

Should be interesting when the cold whether comes, some of these better sides appear to lack some depth through their B grade, could bring them back with the pack.

Our depth is probably looking worse than it actually is with a heavy rotation (43 players used) and some handy players yet to play a game this year. Houghton are standouts in the reserves and although i have not seen every team i doubt anyone will have their depth. Long way out but they are the team to beat in the reserves for sure.

Lot closer comp in the A grade with 7 teams that could beat each other on a given day. Some big games this week with 2 v 5 and 3 v 4 .
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Courtney Fish » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:42 pm

morell wrote:But in all seriousness. Always a pleasure playing Houghton. Doing everything right the Raiders.

Playing with 18 and no bench in the magoos against a very solid side was tough going. Felt some of the blokes had a dip and managed to hit the scoreboard - which didn't look at all likely at 1/2 time.

Couldn't stay for the As, was off to watch the second half of the Pear. Glad we didn't have any discipline issues, we've made some strong statements internally lately to nip a bit of a trend in the bud.

Did the guy who dropped one of our blokes off the ball with a cheap shot get any games or any action from the club?
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby morell » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:51 pm

Courtney Fish wrote:
morell wrote:But in all seriousness. Always a pleasure playing Houghton. Doing everything right the Raiders.

Playing with 18 and no bench in the magoos against a very solid side was tough going. Felt some of the blokes had a dip and managed to hit the scoreboard - which didn't look at all likely at 1/2 time.

Couldn't stay for the As, was off to watch the second half of the Pear. Glad we didn't have any discipline issues, we've made some strong statements internally lately to nip a bit of a trend in the bud.

Did the guy who dropped one of our blokes off the ball with a cheap shot get any games or any action from the club?
No, he got a trophy and meal voucher.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:51 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Mawson Lake's didn't receive many votes in the 'Who will win the D7 Grand Final?' poll but their results are showing they'll be right in the mix.. Possibly the same with St Pauls, with both of these teams to face off this week.

St Pauls are travelling well, but they've had the luxury of facing the bottom 3 sides in the opening month.

I still expect they'll finish closer to 10th than 1st, and Houghton/Central United should be around the mark when the whips a cracking.

Should be interesting when the cold whether comes, some of these better sides appear to lack some depth through their B grade, could bring them back with the pack.

Dont' you mean SPOS v SPOS? ;) :lol:

Which one is the real St. Paul's? Which club won the 1999 Div 5 Premiership?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby The Informer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:18 pm

lion heart wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Our depth is probably looking worse than it actually is with a heavy rotation (43 players used)
and some handy players yet to play a game this year. Houghton are standouts in the reserves and although i have not seen every team i doubt anyone will have their depth. Long way out but they are the team to beat in the reserves for sure.

Lot closer comp in the A grade with 7 teams that could beat each other on a given day. Some big games this week with 2 v 5 and 3 v 4 .

I know how this feels as i think from memory we have used 42 players so far in our B grade.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Courtney Fish » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:21 pm

morell wrote:
Courtney Fish wrote:

Strong statement.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Postby morell » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:30 pm

Courtney Fish wrote:
morell wrote:
Courtney Fish wrote:

Strong statement.

From what I've been told, OSB player started it, MP player finished it.

Perhaps mind your own business before poking into others backyards.
morell
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:38 pm

Would you be happy with that response if the shoe was on the other foot, Morrell?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Executive Member » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:46 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Would you be happy with that response if the shoe was on the other foot, Morrell?

surely no one took that answer seriously, this is SAFooty after all :D

Although Morrell is experiences enough to put a smiley face after his comment ;)
Executive Member
Veteran

Been liked: 140 times

Postby morell » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:11 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Would you be happy with that response if the shoe was on the other foot, Morrell?

I wouldn't ask for clubs internal policy or discipline response on an internet forum in the first place

If this person has an issue with our players or wants to discuss something, then he/she can contact our President.

I gave that post the respect it deserved.
morell
Coach

Postby Courtney Fish » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Couldn't stay for the As, was off to watch the second half of the Pear. Glad we didn't have any discipline issues, we've made some strong statements internally lately to nip a bit of a trend in the bud.[/quote]
Did the guy who dropped one of our blokes off the ball with a cheap shot get any games or any action from the club?[/quote]No, he got a trophy and meal voucher.[/quote]
Strong statement.[/quote]
From what I've been told, OSB player started it, MP player finished it.

Perhaps mind your own business before poking into others backyards.[/quote]

It is our business one our players was floored off the ball. And we've had no experience with our new leagues tribunal so just curious.
And you lost me at "From what I've been told.".
2 blokes having a push and a bit of banter didn't need a 3rd to come in from the side and dog shot him while he wasn't looking forcing him from the field.
If while taking a mark and a guy tries to "make him earn" it and bounces off looking like a fool, of course after kicking the goal he can tell him about it. Didn't deserve a cheap shot to the head from someone not involved.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Postby morell » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:21 pm

Waaaa waaaa waaaa you say I say he says. Couldn't care less about the opinions of some anonymous poster on SA footy.

Call our President if you would like to know more. I'm sure he'll oblige.
morell
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:29 pm

If morell is anything to go by, I think its fairly safe to say anyone who pulls on a MP jumper is a thug.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Courtney Fish » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:51 pm

morell wrote:Waaaa waaaa waaaa you say I say he says. Couldn't care less about the opinions of some anonymous poster on SA footy.

Seems you do. I just asked a question regarding a report. You fire up easy. You say you've addressed problems then I witness something from the 80's.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Postby morell » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:03 pm

Trader wrote:If morell is anything to go by, I think its fairly safe to say anyone who pulls on a MP jumper is a thug.

I once got a yellow card!!! :lol:
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:05 pm

Courtney Fish wrote:
morell wrote:Waaaa waaaa waaaa you say I say he says. Couldn't care less about the opinions of some anonymous poster on SA footy.

Seems you do. I just asked a question regarding a report. You fire up easy. You say you've addressed problems then I witness something from the 80's.

I care very deeply about the standards of my football club.

Exchanging biased interpretations and heresay about an incident that hasn't hit the tribunal yet with anonymous internet trolls, I do not care about.

Do not confuse clarity with anger.
morell
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:27 pm

morell wrote:
Trader wrote:If morell is anything to go by, I think its fairly safe to say anyone who pulls on a MP jumper is a thug.

I once got a yellow card!!! [emoji38]
Cut me deep when you abused me for being bald
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Courtney Fish » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:29 pm

morell wrote:
Courtney Fish wrote:

Exchanging biased interpretations and heresay about an incident that hasn't hit the tribunal yet with anonymous internet trolls, I do not care about.

No Worries, I thought the Tribunal would have sat by now. Is it a Weekly thing or do they wait until they have a few cases to do? Serious question as we are new to this league.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Postby rooman » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Courtney Fish wrote:
morell wrote:
Courtney Fish wrote:

No Worries, I thought the Tribunal would have sat by now. Is it a Weekly thing or do they wait until they have a few cases to do? Serious question as we are new to this league.

Refer to Tribunal List on the Adelaide Footy League website. This gives list of the suspensions from reports. It appears that the tribunal sits Tuesday.
rooman
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League