Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby shoe boy » Tue May 01, 2018 11:38 am

shoe boy wrote:With the money the Catholic church (AGAIN) has thrown behind Pell , I can only hope those abused , threatened , degraded get justice today.

Time to stand and face your crimes you f-----g scum bag :evil:

This vile prick is the highest ranking prick from this evil institution to stand !
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 01, 2018 11:54 am

JK wrote:
Footy Chick wrote::lol:

I rate getting my front and centre def leppard tickets.

Can't wait!

Well pour some sugar on me, them's some great seats Chicky!!

Ha, armageddon it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 01, 2018 12:01 pm

I rate half time of NBA games, perfect amount of time for me to mow the back yard.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Tue May 01, 2018 12:02 pm

Kahuna wrote:
MW wrote:Yeah have to agree. Only downside is they can be a lot of maintenance if not looked after correctly.

To a large extent pools these days look after themselves. Our filter unit is programmed to turn itself on and off, monitors and adjusts chlorine levels, monitors PH and adds a shot of acid as required, tells you when it needs more salt and controls the pump speed, throttling up and down depending on chlorination needs. You only need to test the water fortnightly or so to confirm what the machine is telling you is correct.
Robotic cleaner carries the debris onboard, does not use the filter which means filter rarely needs to be cleaned, except if you do a manual clean.

Pool tech has come such a long way since our original pool was put in in the 70s. Suits me fine!

We're looking at a mineral pool system.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 01, 2018 12:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:I rate half time of NBA games, perfect amount of time for me to mow the back yard.

I reckon I could mow Adelaide Oval at 3 qtr time of an NBA game and still see the finish.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue May 01, 2018 12:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I rate half time of NBA games, perfect amount of time for me to mow the back yard.

I reckon I could mow Adelaide Oval at 3 qtr time of an NBA game and still see the finish.

Make the courts bigger and the ring higher and it could almost be the basis for something interesting.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 01, 2018 12:29 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Make the courts bigger and the ring higher and it could almost be the basis for something interesting.

You like Korfball?
I played it for a season or two but didn't think it was much of a spectacle hence why a lot of people haven't even heard of it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue May 01, 2018 12:52 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

You like Korfball?

I do, it's far more interesting that basketball.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 01, 2018 12:52 pm

Wedgie wrote:I played it for a season or two but didn't think it was much of a spectacle hence why a lot of people haven't even heard of it.

So you were crap at it?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 01, 2018 12:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I played it for a season or two but didn't think it was much of a spectacle hence why a lot of people haven't even heard of it.

So you were crap at it?

Nah, I was reasonably good at all sports except for soccer. A couple of people who weren't as good as me at Korfball who I'm still friends with went on to play for the state. We used to play at the Marion Rec Centre.
Another two games I was good at were baseball and lacrosse but moved on after two seasons of baseball and one of lacrosse.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 01, 2018 1:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Timed it for you, it was 35 mins from 3/4 time to the end of the game (3/4 time is 2 mins 10 seconds) I'm impressed with your curating skills, you should get in contact with AO.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 01, 2018 1:16 pm

Wedgie wrote:Timed it for you, it was 35 mins from 3/4 time to the end of the game (3/4 time is 2 mins 10 seconds) I'm impressed with your curating skills, you should get in contact with AO.

Dangle a beer at the front of the mower and I'm a gun.

It makes me laugh a bit, a mate from work and I put a bet on for a points margin in a play-off a couple of years back, it came down to the wire as we were tuning in for the final period and it took over 40 minutes I reckon, they'd score a basket then time outs, tech fouls and a range of other stuff.

In the end, the team I needed to score had the ball for the last 12 seconds and the opposition just let him stand there bouncing it, I missed out by a point.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 01, 2018 1:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Timed it for you, it was 35 mins from 3/4 time to the end of the game (3/4 time is 2 mins 10 seconds) I'm impressed with your curating skills, you should get in contact with AO.

Dangle a beer at the front of the mower and I'm a gun.

It makes me laugh a bit, a mate from work and I put a bet on for a points margin in a play-off a couple of years back, it came down to the wire as we were tuning in for the final period and it took over 40 minutes I reckon, they'd score a basket then time outs, tech fouls and a range of other stuff.

In the end, the team I needed to score had the ball for the last 12 seconds and the opposition just let him stand there bouncing it, I missed out by a point.

LOL, gotta hate that. Its the done thing though, like a sign of respect to the losing side.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue May 01, 2018 1:47 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Timed it for you, it was 35 mins from 3/4 time to the end of the game (3/4 time is 2 mins 10 seconds) I'm impressed with your curating skills, you should get in contact with AO.

Took 35 minutes to play a 12 minute quarter?

No wonder I like korfball so much.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 01, 2018 2:10 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Took 35 minutes to play a 12 minute quarter?

No wonder I like korfball so much.

No it took 35 minutes from the end of the third quarter to the end of the game.
32 mins and 50 seconds.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue May 01, 2018 2:38 pm

Well then, that's much better.

Who won the score board counting numbers part?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue May 01, 2018 5:39 pm

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:Not overstating it - having a pool changes your life so much for the better.

Can't wait to be honest.

Best part is we've got pretty easy access for the excavator, bobcat and the crane should be able to drop in with relative ease.

Plan is to be up and running by October 31 for Miss Boon's 18th...

Got 7 quotes, jeez.
Do a fair bit of work around pools, don't just go on price, best bet if you can visit a previous customer, not a written referral from the pool company. Ask for 3 addresses & actually view their work & talk to the customer. Know it's a pain in the arse but a reputable pool installer will happily (after checking with the owners) hand over the details, even a phone call to check how the work went is better than going in blind.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 02, 2018 8:58 am

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:Not overstating it - having a pool changes your life so much for the better.

Can't wait to be honest.

Best part is we've got pretty easy access for the excavator, bobcat and the crane should be able to drop in with relative ease.

Plan is to be up and running by October 31 for Miss Boon's 18th...

Got 7 quotes, jeez.
Do a fair bit of work around pools, don't just go on price, best bet if you can visit a previous customer, not a written referral from the pool company. Ask for 3 addresses & actually view their work & talk to the customer. Know it's a pain in the arse but a reputable pool installer will happily (after checking with the owners) hand over the details, even a phone call to check how the work went is better than going in blind.

We're about to drop $40k +/- into the ground, I wanted to do some decent research.

I've narrowed it down to two, one of which has just completed one for a friend of a friend, I'm actually going to check that out on the weekend, sage advice indeed.

Working in sales I can see through the bullshit and have a good sense of who I can trust, after all they'll be in and around my house for a couple of weeks, we ( Mrs ) both want to be sure we're picking the right people.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed May 02, 2018 9:19 am

Fibre glass? 40k seems to be the norm these days.
I've got a concrete pool and I got it tiled in January. The dude tiling it reckons if I was to install the same pool today it would be 100k! yeah right...big f..king pool though, 10m x 4.5m
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby heater31 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:24 am

MW wrote:Fibre glass? 40k seems to be the norm these days.
I've got a concrete pool and I got it tiled in January. The dude tiling it reckons if I was to install the same pool today it would be 100k! yeah right...big f..king pool though, 10m x 4.5m
Well concrete is about $150 a cube these days.......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion