Bomber Thompson arrested

Talk on the national game

Re: Bomber Thompson arrested

Postby Booney » Thu May 03, 2018 12:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
I would bet there's people in your circle who are regular drug users and you have no idea they do.

The Fun Police and I were having a discussion over this a couple of weeks ago when the radio suggested that 10% of the Adelaide adult population is an ice user.

I didn't believe it, it's trying to say one in every ten people I know is on it?

I think the national number was something like 6% and the SA number was around 8%, this is a number devised from testing at waste treatment plants so I don't really know how they arrive at that conclusion.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:17 pm

morell wrote:Valid points, all.

I took Jim to be a stout kind of campaigner requiring shaking.

I wouldn't have spoken in the same manner to other posters. If he's upset, then I apologise for my lack of awareness.

Why would I be upset, I love robust confrontation. One thing I can’t stand is treating people like babies, I deal with **** at work all day and I give them abuse and expect back the other way
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 03, 2018 12:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
I would bet there's people in your circle who are regular drug users and you have no idea they do.

The Fun Police and I were having a discussion over this a couple of weeks ago when the radio suggested that 10% of the Adelaide adult population is an ice user.

I didn't believe it, it's trying to say one in every ten people I know is on it?

Doesn’t mean it’s evenly distributed - would be groups of people where it’s 0% (maybe your and my social circles) and then other groups would be much higher
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 03, 2018 12:23 pm

Booney wrote:
I think the national number was something like 6% and the SA number was around 8%, this is a number devised from testing at waste treatment plants so I don't really know how they arrive at that conclusion.

We distinctly heard 10% on the radio, I can only find literature stating less. and yes, what can the waste water really determine accurately?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 03, 2018 12:27 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Doesn’t mean it’s evenly distributed - would be groups of people where it’s 0% (maybe your and my social circles) and then other groups would be much higher

Yeah, growing up in the northern suburbs I thought I'd be confronted with it or hear more about it than what I do.

I'm that far away from knowing what they do with it I was looking at people strangely because they were sucking on one of those vape thingy's, I thought that was a fancy ice pipe at first.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Thu May 03, 2018 12:31 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

We distinctly heard 10% on the radio, I can only find literature stating less. and yes, what can the waste water really determine accurately?

Without having proof, I reckon most people on here would know people that use, without being aware of it.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Bum Crack » Thu May 03, 2018 12:35 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Without having proof, I reckon most people on here would know people that use, without being aware of it.

I would have thought everyone on here would know and be aware of someone that uses.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu May 03, 2018 12:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Yeah, growing up in the northern suburbs I thought I'd be confronted with it or hear more about it than what I do.

I'm that far away from knowing what they do with it I was looking at people strangely because they were sucking on one of those vape thingy's, I thought that was a fancy ice pipe at first.
The vapey things are for the hash oil dopey. [emoji30]
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby MW » Thu May 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:I drink alcohol because it's legal. I'd hate to think what I might take if drugs were legal...

The question is would you drink alcohol if it was illegal?

Good question. Probably not.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby JK » Thu May 03, 2018 12:52 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

I would have thought everyone on here would know and be aware of someone that uses.

Yep, I think both cases would be happening for most.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 03, 2018 12:56 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:[The vapey things are for the hash oil dopey. [emoji30]

I thought you just dripped that on top of your packed cone.

Is that stuff still around?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu May 03, 2018 1:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:[The vapey things are for the hash oil dopey. [emoji30]

I thought you just dripped that on top of your packed cone.

Is that stuff still around?
You're so old school, odour free vaping is the way to go nowadays. Well i have encountered this once so i have vast experience and am an internet expert!
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu May 03, 2018 1:08 pm

You think it'll be harder to get and more expensive if it was legalised?[/quote]
Do we want to limit access and increase the price? Or actually solve the problem of drug addiction?

When someone is willing to rob a petrol station after already selling everything they have just to feed a habit, the "threat" of a criminal conviction for drug use aint going to do shit other than put these people further into a spiral.

The price is also moot. As one drug goes up in price, people find a cheaper alternative. The cheaper the product, usually the more dangerous the ingredients - again, causing more issues.[/quote]

How does legalising it help solve the problem of drug addiction?
Like you said the price of it is almost irrelevant and making it easier to access(even thought it's easy already) won't fix that problem.[/quote]
What country has the best laws and stats to prove them when it comes to drugs in their country?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Thu May 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:You think it'll be harder to get and more expensive if it was legalised?

Do we want to limit access and increase the price? Or actually solve the problem of drug addiction?

When someone is willing to rob a petrol station after already selling everything they have just to feed a habit, the "threat" of a criminal conviction for drug use aint going to do shit other than put these people further into a spiral.

The price is also moot. As one drug goes up in price, people find a cheaper alternative. The cheaper the product, usually the more dangerous the ingredients - again, causing more issues.[/quote]

Like you said the price of it is almost irrelevant and making it easier to access(even thought it's easy already) won't fix that problem.[/quote]
What country has the best laws and stats to prove them when it comes to drugs in their country?[/quote]

Holland :)
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby valleys07 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:39 pm

:lol:
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu May 03, 2018 2:06 pm

What country has the best laws and stats to prove them when it comes to drugs in their country?[/quote]

Holland :)[/quote]

What I meant was what country's have the most severe penalties for drugs suppliers / users? And do those penalties work in reducing the amount of drug users / suppliers.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 03, 2018 2:12 pm

I'm getting dizzy.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu May 03, 2018 2:37 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:I drink alcohol because it's legal. I'd hate to think what I might take if drugs were legal...

The question is would you drink alcohol if it was illegal?

If booze was made illegal today we'd all be on MT79s doorstep handing over fistful of cash for his homebrew.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Thu May 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Jim05 wrote:
morell wrote:Valid points, all.

I took Jim to be a stout kind of campaigner requiring shaking.

I wouldn't have spoken in the same manner to other posters. If he's upset, then I apologise for my lack of awareness.

Why would I be upset, I love robust confrontation. One thing I can’t stand is treating people like babies, I deal with **** at work all day and I give them abuse and expect back the other way
I hear ya. Love a bit of debate.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Bum Crack » Thu May 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Mandated sterilization for repeat drug related offenders?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL