Salisbury
1%
SMOSH West Lakes
5%

Total votes : 83

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Postby BZB27 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:17 pm

Yank Man wrote:
BZB27 wrote:The bulls are on the board 8)

Well done to your lads, goal up at 3/4 time then you just blew us out of the water. Could have been a lot worse if you had kicked straight. You’ll cause some damage if you keep playing like that.

Yeah goal kicking has been bad last 2 weeks. Needs some work.

One thing i took from use guys was that use were all ready to play by half time of the b grade everyone changed and doing full on kicking. Im lucky to even be ready by 3qtr time for a warm up lol
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby BFG » Fri May 04, 2018 10:19 am

Another massive week in what could be the most even division in the league. last week threw up some surprising results and I'm sure this week will be no different.

Kilburn v Eastern Park: This should be an absolute cracker and both teams will be looking to respond after losses last week. Both teams have a bit of mixed form with some good wins and some interesting losses. It should be close but I think Kilburn at home should get the job done.

Towns v Salisbury: Salisbury got off the mark against CLG at home last week and will be full of confidence heading into the game. Edwardstown and Salisbury are both large ovals so any home ground advantage should be negligible. I think Towns can get the job done here but I think Salisbury are a big chance to continue their winning ways also.

CLG v Mitcham: A southern derby between two clubs that haven't played each other in over 20 years. CLG and Mitcham will both be extremely keen to return to the winners circle. The lions defence will be bolstered by the return of Jake "the blanket" Napier and a couple of others back from Injury. They will need all these and more against what will be a fit and determined Mitcham side. Going with my heart here and tipping my boys to get the job done in a tough game of footy.

Glenunga v Gepps Cross: A top of the table clash early in the season and it should be a belter. Glenunga have absolutely thumped a few sides but also have a close loss to a 2-2 Edwardstown on their resume. Similarly with Gepps who have put up some big numbers against quality sides but also have a tight loss to EP. I rate Gepps' form line slightly more than Glenunga and I think they will head back home with the points after an old fashioned shootout.

SMOSH v Pooraka: Good luck picking a winner in this one. SMOSH got on the board last week against EP in a fantastic performance. Pooraka have been in most games and will be looking for their competitiveness to continue. Stopping Mercer and/or the delivery from the midfield will be the key for SMOSH but I'm not sure they will be able to. I think Pooraka will get win number 2 for the year and Mercer will kick at least 7.

Good luck to all teams not called Mitcham this week!
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 04, 2018 10:22 am

CLG and Mitcham playing for the Ellis-Murray Shield. Should be a cracker of a game.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times

Postby zedman » Fri May 04, 2018 10:49 am

BFG wrote:Another massive week in what could be the most even division in the league. last week threw up some surprising results and I'm sure this week will be no different.

Kilburn v Eastern Park: This should be an absolute cracker and both teams will be looking to respond after losses last week. Both teams have a bit of mixed form with some good wins and some interesting losses. It should be close but I think Kilburn at home should get the job done.

Towns v Salisbury: Salisbury got off the mark against CLG at home last week and will be full of confidence heading into the game. Edwardstown and Salisbury are both large ovals so any home ground advantage should be negligible. I think Towns can get the job done here but I think Salisbury are a big chance to continue their winning ways also.

CLG v Mitcham: A southern derby between two clubs that haven't played each other in over 20 years. CLG and Mitcham will both be extremely keen to return to the winners circle. The lions defence will be bolstered by the return of Jake "the blanket" Napier and a couple of others back from Injury. They will need all these and more against what will be a fit and determined Mitcham side. Going with my heart here and tipping my boys to get the job done in a tough game of footy.

Glenunga v Gepps Cross: A top of the table clash early in the season and it should be a belter. Glenunga have absolutely thumped a few sides but also have a close loss to a 2-2 Edwardstown on their resume. Similarly with Gepps who have put up some big numbers against quality sides but also have a tight loss to EP. I rate Gepps' form line slightly more than Glenunga and I think they will head back home with the points after an old fashioned shootout.

SMOSH v Pooraka: Good luck picking a winner in this one. SMOSH got on the board last week against EP in a fantastic performance. Pooraka have been in most games and will be looking for their competitiveness to continue. Stopping Mercer and/or the delivery from the midfield will be the key for SMOSH but I'm not sure they will be able to. I think Pooraka will get win number 2 for the year and Mercer will kick at least 7.

Good luck to all teams not called Mitcham this week!

if mcmahon and asfaha play i think they win at home by 4-5 goals..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby BZB27 » Fri May 04, 2018 2:50 pm

Both have been named but Glenunga have also named 23
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Brodlach » Sat May 05, 2018 9:02 pm

CLG reclaim the Ellis- Murray Shield with a 2 goal victory over Mitcham
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4207 times

Postby Jacks » Sat May 05, 2018 11:42 pm

Geez how good was it today playing a quality club like Mitcham in a classic match with excellent supporters.
Last edited by Jacks on Sun May 06, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacks
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby easy TIGA » Sun May 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Congratulations to Eastern Park on beating kilburn yesterday in the grand final, deserved to sing the song on the oval after the game, and in the change rooms, huge effort in may. Absolute flogs
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 06, 2018 2:56 pm

easy TIGA wrote:Congratulations to Eastern Park on beating kilburn yesterday in the grand final, deserved to sing the song on the oval after the game, and in the change rooms, huge effort in may. Absolute flogs

Never took you for a being the sore loser type...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby easy TIGA » Sun May 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
easy TIGA wrote:Congratulations to Eastern Park on beating kilburn yesterday in the grand final, deserved to sing the song on the oval after the game, and in the change rooms, huge effort in may. Absolute flogs

Duly noted, didn't say they weren't better than us on the day but imho you shouldn't carry on like that until you finish the job in spetember not may.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 06, 2018 3:23 pm

easy TIGA wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Duly noted, didn't say they weren't better than us on the day but imho you shouldn't carry on like that until you finish the job in spetember not may.

fair call, at the risk of starting the whole "should the song be sung on the oval" debate again, it's different strokes for different folks I guess.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 06, 2018 3:34 pm

Win the game you can sing the song where ever you want in my books. Pretty easy way to stop it from happening again if it gets to some.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby #bleedredandblue » Sun May 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Sounds like a very sore loser if you ask me.. there was no disrespect intended on our behalf, was a very hard game of football from both sides all day so we were just stoked to walk away with the win! A lot of the boys know each other from both teams, you sound like the only one that has a problem? Where would you prefer an opposition team to sing the song after a good game? Didn’t want to mention the 6-7 eastern park lads that stuck around until 6.30 drinking with the kilburn boys out of respect? Lol pull your head in!!!!!!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby easy TIGA » Sun May 06, 2018 10:09 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Sounds like a very sore loser if you ask me.. there was no disrespect intended on our behalf, was a very hard game of football from both sides all day so we were just stoked to walk away with the win! A lot of the boys know each other from both teams, you sound like the only one that has a problem? Where would you prefer an opposition team to sing the song after a good game? Didn’t want to mention the 6-7 eastern park lads that stuck around until 6.30 drinking with the kilburn boys out of respect? Lol pull your head in!!!!!!

Settle down tough guy, pull your head in!
I was a supporter and noted it, its not sore losing at all.
I might be the only one that has a problem with it.
I have seen it happen only once before so that tells me it's not a common thing done. Call me old skool I guess but I think it should be done in the change rooms after the game.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Postby #bleedredandblue » Mon May 07, 2018 7:34 am

Lol you have only ever seen an opposition team sing their song on the ground after a game once before? Ever?
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby whufc » Mon May 07, 2018 9:09 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Lol you have only ever seen an opposition team sing their song on the ground after a game once before? Ever?

I also thought it was weird he has had such a big issue with it.

In my time of hanging around Eastern Park the club always sang the song on the oval regardless of the opponent who they beat.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon May 07, 2018 9:19 am

Eastern Park probably sing the song on the oval because they don’t normally win away from home and can’t fit everyone in their change rooms at their ground.

Sumner put his head our rooms to announce that the song would be sung again. If singing the song twice in round 5 isn’t getting carried away I don’t know what is.

I’m more concerned about my 2 day hangover at the moment though.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby beef » Mon May 07, 2018 9:30 am

How did Riley Hughes go in the A grade for Eastern Park? Is he even 16 yet?
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby whufc » Mon May 07, 2018 9:32 am

The Big Shrek wrote:Eastern Park probably sing the song on the oval because they don’t normally win away from home and can’t fit everyone in their change rooms at their ground.

Sumner put his head our rooms to announce that the song would be sung again. If singing the song twice in round 5 isn’t getting carried away I don’t know what is.

I’m more concerned about my 2 day hangover at the moment though.

At the end of the day who cares if they did get slightly carried away.

If you cant enjoy a win why bother even playing. It's a sad world we live in when people get upset about people being happy with a performance.

Eastern Park had a great win, they enjoyed it, they haven't won anything yet but if all you celebrate is a premiership win some players are going to be very depressed about footy in their lifetime.

Kilburn know nothing is won yet and they may still have the last laugh, I'm sure if they do have the last laugh they will have some banter with the EP boys.

PLAY ON!!
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon May 07, 2018 9:32 am

beef wrote:How did Riley Hughes go in the A grade for Eastern Park? Is he even 16 yet?

15 according to the Facebook posts I saw.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League