you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: Trinity OS

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue May 08, 2018 9:17 pm

Ahh the good ol days. We were posting b4 safooty went mainstream!
I know duncs7 died a painful death at the hands of the moderators for some extreme trolling!
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Bit off topic but involves Trinity, one of the kids I coach plays for Cardijn College and he sent me his school footy program, in a couple of weeks time they play Trinity at Trinity, Cardijn for those that don't know is at Noarlunga next door to South's home ground, that's one of the bigger road trips I've seen in Adelaide. :)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby The Informer » Tue May 08, 2018 10:58 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Ahh the good ol days. We were posting b4 safooty went mainstream!
I know duncs7 died a painful death at the hands of the moderators for some extreme trolling!

Lol you talking in the third person here, we have all had user names dieing a painful death lol
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby jo172 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:30 am

Dutchy wrote:Bit off topic but involves Trinity, one of the kids I coach plays for Cardijn College and he sent me his school footy program, in a couple of weeks time they play Trinity at Trinity, Cardijn for those that don't know is at Noarlunga next door to South's home ground, that's one of the bigger road trips I've seen in Adelaide. :)

**** that.

A few years ago C4 had Trinity, Mitchell Park and Flinders Uni (amazing to think how short it was ago both MP and Flinders were fielding C Grades) all in the Grade. Think that would have held the Adelaide Footy League Record for miles traveled.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed May 09, 2018 9:42 am

jo172 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Bit off topic but involves Trinity, one of the kids I coach plays for Cardijn College and he sent me his school footy program, in a couple of weeks time they play Trinity at Trinity, Cardijn for those that don't know is at Noarlunga next door to South's home ground, that's one of the bigger road trips I've seen in Adelaide. :)

**** that.

A few years ago C4 had Trinity, Mitchell Park and Flinders Uni (amazing to think how short it was ago both MP and Flinders were fielding C Grades) all in the Grade. Think that would have held the Adelaide Footy League Record for miles traveled.

Trinity teams travel to Reynella, and vice versa, for cricket all of the time.

When I was a kid, playing under 14s/16s SACA for Elizabeth, we travelled to Christies Beach to play Southerns. One season they gave us a Saturday/Sunday match and six players and the coach stayed down there in a motel overnight. That was great fun.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 09, 2018 9:58 am

Dogwatcher wrote:

When I was a kid, playing under 14s/16s SACA for Elizabeth, we travelled to Christies Beach to play Southerns. One season they gave us a Saturday/Sunday match and six players and the coach stayed down there in a motel overnight. That was great fun.

Better than my debut to SACA cricket in under 14's at Christies. Went nightwatchman and got bowled for a duck when we only had to get through one over, Tony Mc got bowled the next ball, we went for a walk at the start of day two, got lost and made it back as our team was taking the field, I was very popular that day.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Off The Wall » Wed May 09, 2018 10:14 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
jo172 wrote:

**** that.

At least that was weekends. In district basketball we played Friday nights and that included playing at Gawler coming from Noarlunga
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Wed May 09, 2018 10:34 am

Some great North/South expressway infrastructure has certainly made these hauls a lot easier since 2006.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed May 09, 2018 10:56 am

Is your comment endorsed by anyone, BE? ;)
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed May 09, 2018 10:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

Better than my debut to SACA cricket in under 14's at Christies. Went nightwatchman and got bowled for a duck when we only had to get through one over, Tony Mc got bowled the next ball, we went for a walk at the start of day two, got lost and made it back as our team was taking the field, I was very popular that day.

:lol: :lol:

It would've been good fun walking around with Macca. He was always entertaining.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 09, 2018 11:26 am

Similar to our Women sides last year travelling to Angle Vale (in U/18s too), not sure there are too many 60km+ road trips in metropolitan footy. Would have been interesting for our girls living at places like Victor Harbor and Yankalilla, that's 120km!
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby BenchedEagle » Wed May 09, 2018 11:38 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Is your comment endorsed by anyone, BE? ;)

Infrastructure builds should always be bi-partisan mate ;)
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby ramming23 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:48 am

jo172 wrote:

**** that.

Might have to be done next year if Lonsdale come up to Div 6 and Trinity don't get out.
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League