Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 09, 2018 11:37 am

Booney wrote:Sydney.

Conferences.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that really dislikes Sydney.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 09, 2018 11:38 am

RB wrote:You could ask them for details on the payments that they say occurred, e.g. what date the payment was made, what BSB/account was it paid into, then check with your bank as to whether those payments were made. As it was in the last 4 years, there may still be a record of it online if you have online banking, otherwise you can check your statements or even ask the bank for information.

At the end of the day, Centrelink surely needs to be able to show you that they made these payments.

I've kept it all, the only thing they can get me on though is I don't know what their breakdowns are etc. All I know is that I got the absolute minimum I was entitled to and I know I didn't get the amount that they are saying I owe them so the number is pure garbage.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 09, 2018 11:39 am

amber_fluid wrote:
bennymacca wrote:If you’re sure that you don’t owe they much I’d be going to have a chat win a lawyer too

I wouldn’t advice that.
You’re talking about Centrelink Benny.

Email, Call, go into their office and be nice with them is the only way to deal with Centrelink unfortunately.

Yeah, I'm with you amber, I could get burnt twice that way.

I'll start nice, it might pay to watch the news later in the week tough for those playing at home!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 09, 2018 11:41 am

Footy Chick wrote:

Conferences.

??
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Wed May 09, 2018 11:58 am

Conferences.

When I need to go there for work, the office is 1.5km walking distance from the terminal, so I literally get off the red eye, walk to work, walk back and catch the 5pm flight home. F..king hate it. Such a long day.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:58 am

Conferences.

Everyone knows you are stalking Golfer girl... :lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby HH3 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Two and a half hours of procurement meetings, sitting there knowing I won't have time to actually do this part of my job properly.

Called out of the meetings twice to serve customers with basic orders.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Conferences.

??

That's Sidney, not Sydney ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
bennymacca wrote:If you’re sure that you don’t owe they much I’d be going to have a chat win a lawyer too

I wouldn’t advice that.

Email, Call, go into their office and be nice with them is the only way to deal with Centrelink unfortunately.

I'll start nice, it might pay to watch the news later in the week tough for those playing at home!

Leon Byner on 5AA helps so many people with similar stories, he at least will put you onto someone directly to help so you don't have to go thru their exhausting phone waiting times!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Jase » Wed May 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Having to tell the youngest Son today that his pet rabbit had died overnight...

The poor boy was weeping uncontrollably...

Just felt absolutely useless... :(
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1477 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Spargo » Wed May 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

I wouldn’t advice that.

Leon Byner on 5AA helps so many people with similar stories, he at least will put you onto someone directly to help so you don't have to go thru their exhausting phone waiting times!

WATCH - THIS - SPACE
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Wed May 09, 2018 12:34 pm

Jase wrote:Having to tell the youngest Son today that his pet rabbit had died overnight...

The poor boy was weeping uncontrollably...

Just felt absolutely useless... :(

That is awful.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed May 09, 2018 12:46 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

I wouldn’t advice that.

There is an ombudsman though - oh - and today tonight :-)

fair points. ombudsman is a good option

I would just be asking them to full detail what payments they have given you, exactly how much they have overpaid, and why the amount that they have chosen to make you pay. surely all of that is a reasonable request if you are required to pay 5 figures
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 09, 2018 1:25 pm

bennymacca wrote:
fair points. ombudsman is a good option

I would just be asking them to full detail what payments they have given you, exactly how much they have overpaid, and why the amount that they have chosen to make you pay. surely all of that is a reasonable request if you are required to pay 5 figures

Yeah mate, I don't need to ask them for anything, I have every piece of documentation that has been between both parties since 2013, I found a notice from 2016 and it clearly states "we have checked your entitlements by using your annual family income and your family circumstances".

If it were to read that they based it on "estimated income" I could understand, but they have waited and taken it on "actual", then smash me two years later.

I'm confident that I'm going to win this one, there are two scenario's that I think they may of erred in, I just hope that they give me a chance to explain and not be pig-headed about it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 09, 2018 1:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:After breaking up from my wife late in 2012 I set out to make a better life for my kids and I, I didn't want to lose them so I put my life on hold and rebuilt myself from scratch, I left with nothing except some huge debts that I knew nothing of at the time.

The CSA told me that I had to go to Centrelink to do assessments and work out child support etc. as there was shared custody, I did and it was a feeling of accomplishment as I was recognised as a sole parent and everything was above board.

I received the minimum payments (based on my wage), around $90-$110 per fortnight, I done my taxes immediately after getting my group certificate and then Centrelink would send me a letter of re-assessment based on my estimated earnings vs actual earnings, I always over-estimated to avoid any fines etc.

I received money 3 times after they had assessed my tax.

Here I am, 5 years later and I receive an email saying I owe them $10,000 for over-payments between 2014-2016, how the hell do they work this out, they didn't even give me that much money during this time, no wonder people go and do crazy shit!

Have you received an overpayment solely for Child Support only or Family Payments?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Wedgie wrote:Have you received an overpayment solely for Child Support only or Family Payments?

Family payments, despite the percentage of care I've had the kids I have always paid an agreed amount of child support.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:38 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:After breaking up from my wife late in 2012 I set out to make a better life for my kids and I, I didn't want to lose them so I put my life on hold and rebuilt myself from scratch, I left with nothing except some huge debts that I knew nothing of at the time.

The CSA told me that I had to go to Centrelink to do assessments and work out child support etc. as there was shared custody, I did and it was a feeling of accomplishment as I was recognised as a sole parent and everything was above board.

I received the minimum payments (based on my wage), around $90-$110 per fortnight, I done my taxes immediately after getting my group certificate and then Centrelink would send me a letter of re-assessment based on my estimated earnings vs actual earnings, I always over-estimated to avoid any fines etc.

Here I am, 5 years later and I receive an email saying I owe them $10,000 for over-payments between 2014-2016, how the hell do they work this out, they didn't even give me that much money during this time, no wonder people go and do crazy shit!

Have you received an overpayment solely for Child Support only or Family Payments?

Robodebt Wegs?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 09, 2018 1:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Have you received an overpayment solely for Child Support only or Family Payments?

Family payments, despite the percentage of care I've had the kids I have always paid an agreed amount of child support.

OK, thats a lot different to child support. I could see what has happened in your post happening if child support was involved with shared care arrangements, etc.

In regard to Family Payments, Centrelink will have all information going back the entire period (you would have received this too over the years in letters and group certificates also) as to how much you were paid for each year.
IF you've received an overpayment for more than you received (which I must admit I never saw in the 28.5 years i worked there) then it will be an open and shut case and they would fix this immediately upon you pointing this out to them.
Without you going too much into it on here which is understandable I would suspect there's more to it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 09, 2018 1:41 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Robodebt Wegs?

Those debts were more of an issue with people's casual work being incorrectly assessed against payments like Newstarts, etc.
Gotta love the Liberal Government, place has gone to absolute shit since the last change of government with outsourcing and automation of processes.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 09, 2018 1:53 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

I wouldn’t advice that.

I found the opposite and it used to shit me. People that would go in and scream and jump up and down or complain to their MPs or Ombudsmen would have their issues addresed immediately. People that were nice and wait patiently would get their issues addressed last.
No need for lawyers though, you can get better service from organisations that don't cost a cent. A lawyer would be a major waste of money.
People rarely involved lawyers but if they did they would be sent to the back of the queue with the patient and nice people and generally lawyers were clueless about the process. An accountant would be of more assistance but not necessary still
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion