Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Have you received an overpayment solely for Child Support only or Family Payments?

Family payments, despite the percentage of care I've had the kids I have always paid an agreed amount of child support.

OK, thats a lot different to child support. I could see what has happened in your post happening if child support was involved with shared care arrangements, etc.

In regard to Family Payments, Centrelink will have all information going back the entire period (you would have received this too over the years in letters and group certificates also) as to how much you were paid for each year.
IF you've received an overpayment for more than you received (which I must admit I never saw in the 28.5 years i worked there) then it will be an open and shut case and they would fix this immediately upon you pointing this out to them.
Without you going too much into it on here which is understandable I would suspect there's more to it.

Yeah, I have every document, which includes estimated earnings for the forthcoming year (usually May), then my tax lodgement (July), then my assessment/adjustments based on "actual" earnings.

I think it is my best interest to just take an afternoon off and take all my documents in there, it gets too hard to explain over the phone and I get where you're coming from.

I've read everything that relates to the assessments in question.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby HH3 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 pm

CSA have scared me with a couple of huge amounts they claimed I owed.

One time they called me from a private number. I answered, got dead air, hung up. Two weeks later my employer got a big red letter saying I'd actively refused to pay the amount by hanging up on a consultant, and they were garnishing my wage.

One hour long phone call later, it was all cleared up, and I was actually ahead in my payments, like I have been for nearly 8 years.

At one point I was using CSA as a saving tool. Pay extra, and you can get the amount you're in front paid back to you at any time.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 09, 2018 2:06 pm

LM, if you were overpaid more than you received than you wont even need to worry about estimates v real income, its an open and shut case.
If you want to visit a Centrelink office make sure you have an appointment booked.
Personally I'd try and avoid offices like Noarlunga, Salisbury, Elizabeth, etc and find a quieter one.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 09, 2018 2:13 pm

HH3 wrote:CSA have scared me with a couple of huge amounts they claimed I owed.

One time they called me from a private number. I answered, got dead air, hung up. Two weeks later my employer got a big red letter saying I'd actively refused to pay the amount by hanging up on a consultant, and they were garnishing my wage.

One hour long phone call later, it was all cleared up, and I was actually ahead in my payments, like I have been for nearly 8 years.

At one point I was using CSA as a saving tool. Pay extra, and you can get the amount you're in front paid back to you at any time.

Yeah mate, putted on them greens before, once you are behind they slap on a ridiculous arrears fee each month and make it damn near impossible to claw back.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Wedgie wrote:LM, if you were overpaid more than you received than you wont even need to worry about estimates v real income, its an open and shut case.
If you want to visit a Centrelink office make sure you have an appointment booked.
Personally I'd try and avoid offices like Noarlunga, Salisbury, Elizabeth, etc and find a quieter one.

If I was overpaid more than I received?

Yeah, I'd go to Prospect, closer to work and home.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:LM, if you were overpaid more than you received than you wont even need to worry about estimates v real income, its an open and shut case.

If I was overpaid more than I received?

Yeah, as I said before I'd never seen it happen but thats what you said happened to you in your original post about the issue.

PS I must have been out of the game a while, didn't even know there was an office in Prospect!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 09, 2018 2:47 pm

They are saying I was overpaid for the year, they have previously said they have calculated my assessment for the same year based on my circumstances and earnings for that period and had made adjustments accordingly, this was in June 2016 for the 2014/15 assessment, they actually topped me up a little as they said they had underpaid me, now they are doing a backflip saying I was overpaid.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 09, 2018 2:50 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:They are saying I was overpaid for the year, they have previously said they have calculated my assessment for the same year based on my circumstances and earnings for that period and had made adjustments accordingly, this was in June 2016 for the 2014/15 assessment, they actually topped me up a little as they said they had underpaid me, now they are doing a backflip saying I was overpaid.

Yeah I know mate, that's all irrelevant if they've paid you X amount and are now saying you're overpaid X + Y as that will be an open and shut case that would be fixed immediately.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Corona Man » Wed May 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Getting sledged in an Auckland pub last night for being an Aussie. Did you bring your sandpaper was the call.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3477 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby bennymacca » Wed May 09, 2018 3:45 pm

Corona Man wrote:Getting sledged in an Auckland pub last night for being an Aussie. Did you bring your sandpaper was the call.

did you reply with nah the sheep dont like it?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Wed May 09, 2018 3:54 pm

Corona Man wrote:Getting sledged in an Auckland pub last night for being an Aussie. Did you bring your sandpaper was the call.

"No sandpaper here mate and congrats to your Mum and Dad, it's not every day cousins can produce such lovely offspring as yourself".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7486 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby carey » Wed May 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Booney wrote:

"No sandpaper here mate and congrats to your Mum and Dad, it's not every day cousins can produce such lovely offspring as yourself".

I can picture you saying this with a pint in 1 hand, a nice swagger going on and a huge grin on your face! :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Booney » Wed May 09, 2018 4:14 pm

"How are you blokes getting on over here? Price of lamb keeps going up and up, last I heard it was about $40 an hour, that right?"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed May 09, 2018 4:22 pm

Booney wrote:

"How are you blokes getting on over here? Price of lamb keeps going up and up, last I heard it was about $40 an hour, that right?"

Should have had you with me Boon.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3477 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Wed May 09, 2018 4:55 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:

Should have had you with me Boon.

You say that but....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 10, 2018 10:09 am

My day got better when I got home, opened a "final notice" for a speeding fine that had an extra $200 tapped on to it as it hadn't been attended to, what made it worse is that I didn't drive my car on the day specified.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu May 10, 2018 10:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:My day got better when I got home, opened a "final notice" for a speeding fine that had an extra $200 tapped on to it as it hadn't been attended to, what made it worse is that I didn't drive my car on the day specified.

i didnt think race cars had number plates anyway?

get online and check the photos. they have been known to make mistakes. i had a red light fine cancelled after a phone call. they didnt believe me at first (im sure they hear it all the time) but one look at the photo showed the lady on the phone i was right
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Pseudo » Thu May 10, 2018 10:36 am

tipper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:My day got better when I got home, opened a "final notice" for a speeding fine that had an extra $200 tapped on to it as it hadn't been attended to, what made it worse is that I didn't drive my car on the day specified.

get online and check the photos. they have been known to make mistakes. i had a red light fine cancelled after a phone call. they didnt believe me at first (im sure they hear it all the time) but one look at the photo showed the lady on the phone i was right

^ Me too. Back in the day when you had to make a written request for the photo. I made the request, heard nothing, called on the final day to find out that the charge had been withdrawn.

I figure SAPOL is using Joe Public to do its quality control. They just send out the fines without checking. If any is in error then the receipient is sure to draw attention to it.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby tipper » Thu May 10, 2018 10:44 am

Pseudo wrote:
tipper wrote:

^ Me too. Back in the day when you had to make a written request for the photo. I made the request, heard nothing, called on the final day to find out that the charge had been withdrawn.

I figure SAPOL is using Joe Public to do its quality control. They just send out the fines without checking. If any is in error then the receipient is sure to draw attention to it.

exactly. ive seen claims that "every camera fine is manually checked", and in my case it is obvious it wasnt. also has the bonus that some people would just pay it without checking. $$$

in my case the fine was for "disobey red traffic arrow". a series of very nice pics online. showing a commodore running the red turning arrow. my car was also in the photos, but clearly shown going straight (in the left lane) with a green light. automated system just focused on my number plate rather than the car that was actually triggering it for some reason (might have been more visible or something)

got the whole "sure it wasnt your car" when i called them up. obviously hear it a lot, but a few taps on her keyboard, and she had the photos in front of her and she quickly changed her tune. made sure id get a letter stating it had been withdrawn too.

check that the make/model is the same if the photos do show your number plate LM. ive also heard of people copying number plates of other cars so they can get away with shit.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Pseudo » Thu May 10, 2018 11:02 am

tipper wrote:in my case the fine was for "disobey red traffic arrow". a series of very nice pics online. showing a commodore running the red turning arrow. my car was also in the photos, but clearly shown going straight (in the left lane) with a green light. automated system just focused on my number plate rather than the car that was actually triggering it for some reason (might have been more visible or something)

My case was also for running a red light: the right-turn from West Tce into ANZAC Highway on a weekday during business hours.

The thing is, my car was parked somewhere at Edinburgh Parks at that time.

I figure a letter on the plate must've been mis-identified.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion