SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

SANFL Junior codes

Postby Moe » Wed May 09, 2018 10:03 pm

Didnt quite know where to put this, so I just started a new thread.

Any members involved in any Junior sides this season noticed a growing trend of disturbing behaviour from juniors?

In our under 12's game last week, one of our players was punched and kicked by 3 players behind the play.
He came off and took no further part in the game.
He had 2 days off school with concussion symptoms and wont play this week either.

I have coached now for 6 years and I find the anti social play from seniors is definitely infiltrating junior footy from a very young age.

I am no shrinking violet either.

It's disturbing.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Re: AdFl Junior codes

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Couple weeks ago I was watching our U12’s, opposition player was whacking kids behind play.. eventually he was caught by the umpire and red carded.

After the game, when the kids were lining up to shake hands he was punching kids in the stomach as he was shaking hands.. the U12’s coach saw this and told him to stop hitting his players - the player then decided to shape up to the coach and being swearing at him informing him he’d smash him :shock:

First time I’ve ever seen something like that in that sort of age group, but from all reports it’s beginning to become an increasing issue.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby heater31 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:15 pm

The Bedge wrote:
After the game, when the kids were lining up to shake hands he was punching kids in the stomach as he was shaking hands.. the U12’s coach saw this and told him to stop hitting his players - the player then decided to shape up to the coach and being swearing at him informing him he’d smash him :shock:

Where are the kid in question parent's in all of this? Nowhere to be ******* seen I bet.

Does the 12 game suspension de-registration apply in juniors?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Moe » Wed May 09, 2018 10:23 pm

heater31 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Where are the kid in question parent's in all of this? Nowhere to be ******* seen I bet.

Parents of these types are:
a. oblivious as their child is a saint or retaliating (an excuse used by most boys I have seen in this situation, which is almost always crap).
b. encourage their child saying its a contact sport.
c. Are hot heads themselves, and this behavior is learnt at home.
d. not even there, footy clubs are a day care centre.

I am not going to blame umpiring, but I would rather see the game over umpired at this level, than letting it go.
Sling tackles are not policed enough, and holding the ball is ignored.

My apologies also, it was our under 11's team, which is probably worse.
Moe
League - Best 21

Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 09, 2018 11:31 pm

When we attend our zone meetings, this type of stuff is the main topic of discussion, we always walk away thankful of rarely seeing these type of incidents in our league. I know they are short of umpires in the SANFL juniors which wouldn't help and shear weight of numbers would make it hard [I believe it is the biggest Aussies Rules competition in the country]
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu May 10, 2018 7:18 am

Did a north east metro league game get abandoned this year due to incidents like this? Older age group.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 243 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Down the Hill » Thu May 10, 2018 8:03 am

That league doesn't exist anymore TC. If correct, it would have been a SANFL Juniors match between two former NEMJFA clubs.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Pag » Thu May 10, 2018 9:01 am

Moe wrote:
heater31 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Parents of these types are:
a. oblivious as their child is a saint or retaliating (an excuse used by most boys I have seen in this situation, which is almost always crap).
b. encourage their child saying its a contact sport.
c. Are hot heads themselves, and this behavior is learnt at home.
d. not even there, footy clubs are a day care centre.

I am not going to blame umpiring, but I would rather see the game over umpired at this level, than letting it go.
Sling tackles are not policed enough, and holding the ball is ignored.

My apologies also, it was our under 11's team, which is probably worse.

This. This on so many levels. The lack of accountability and responsibility parents take around their kids astounds me on a daily basis.
Pag
Coach

Been liked: 498 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 am

Sometimes the issue is kids umpiring kids.

From under 12 onward I think there should be one adult umpire in attendance at all games. Easy in theory I know.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Footy Chick » Thu May 10, 2018 9:15 am

Knowing almost zero about junior footy - to someone like me it ponders the question if there has been an increase in violence since the SANFL took over, or did the old respective leagues do a good job in keeping their problems hush hush?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby heater31 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:18 am

Footy Chick wrote:Knowing almost zero about junior footy - to someone like me it ponders the question if there has been an increase in violence since the SANFL took over, or did the old respective leagues do a good job in keeping their problems hush hush?
Opposite I think. Violent outbursts in schools appears to be getting worse and it's spilling over into other areas.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 10, 2018 9:58 am

heater31 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

No, kids parents were there, they joined in with the verbal abuse - cant be telling their little hero what to do :roll:

Apparently no the 12 game de-reg doesn't apply in juniors, and when they reach seniors their junior records/suspensions don't count either.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu May 10, 2018 10:05 am

The Bedge wrote:
heater31 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

No, kids parents were there, they joined in with the verbal abuse - cant be telling their little hero what to do :roll:

Apparently no the 12 game de-reg doesn't apply in juniors, and when they reach seniors their junior records/suspensions don't count either.
The 16 game AFL deregistration policy applies, I believe.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 10, 2018 10:11 am

Ah ok thanks... so it should really.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 10, 2018 10:14 am

The Bedge wrote:Couple weeks ago I was watching our U12’s, opposition player was whacking kids behind play.. eventually he was caught by the umpire and red carded.

First time I’ve ever seen something like that in that sort of age group, but from all reports it’s beginning to become an increasing issue.

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 10, 2018 10:16 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Did a north east metro league game get abandoned this year due to incidents like this? Older age group.

All junior metro leagues amalgamated to come under the SANFL banner, they are predominantly split north and south at this point of time but will eventually be graded to skill level across the board I'm led to believe.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 10, 2018 10:21 am

Think many grades are already graded. We travel more to the northern based teams this season than southern. Our closest game is 20 minutes away
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 10, 2018 10:25 am

Brodlach wrote:Sometimes the issue is kids umpiring kids.

From under 12 onward I think there should be one adult umpire in attendance at all games. Easy in theory I know.

Its only going to get worse, one kid I know who umpires makes $200+ every weekend from umpiring SANFL Juniors, fits in well with him playing on Saturdays, many of his mates are hearing about the $$$ and now getting into it.

Women/Girls Footy has stretched the umpiring resources even further.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby jo172 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:30 am

Wtf are the kids coaches doing in those situations?

A coach failing to take action in those circumstances would be dismissed at our club.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Booney » Thu May 10, 2018 10:31 am

Dutchy wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Sometimes the issue is kids umpiring kids.

Its only going to get worse, one kid I know who umpires makes $200+ every weekend from umpiring SANFL Juniors, fits in well with him playing on Saturdays, many of his mates are hearing about the $$$ and now getting into it.

Women/Girls Footy has stretched the umpiring resources even further.

A mates daughter is getting $150+ per weekend doing boundary umpiring for the college system.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League