EPL Season 2017/2018

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: EPL Season 2017/2018

Postby mighty hounds » Thu May 10, 2018 10:36 am

Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Back in the Champions League baby!
Champions of London despite the so called Wembley curse.
Can't wait for Champions League action at WHL next season! :D
Good luck to the smaller clubs in Europa too. ;)

Awe cheers mate. MH says thanks too :D

Spurs the only so called “big club” that doesn’t need to win anything to be classed as big. :shock:

Well they’re the biggest trophy dodgers :)

I think we’re being harsh jim. They have the we put the pressure on trophy, the we beat Real Madrid trophy and the we finished above arsenal 2 years in a row trophy
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu May 10, 2018 11:56 pm

Jim05 wrote:Huddersfield get a massive point at Chelsea to stay up

The players insisted on returning home via a 4 hour coach ride instead of their scheduled flight so they could “properly celebrate” :lol:
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 14, 2018 8:16 am

Crazy game at Wembley with Spurs coming back from 3-1 down to beat the foxes 5-4 and wrap up our third top 3 finish in a row. Looking forward to next season when we hve a home ground again!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Mon May 14, 2018 8:26 am

Mo Salah wins the Golden Boot and breaks the first division record for goals scored
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby johntheclaret » Mon May 14, 2018 5:42 pm

What a terrible end of season game that was. Both teams safe, Europa safe, Nothing to play for so nobody played.
Bournemouth took the points with two farcical goals, the 2nd one in added time was pure comedy.

And before that, on 89 mins the stadium thought we’ve finally got our 1st penalty as Nacki Wells was tackled from behind and brought down in the box. Sadly our penalty hoodoo remained in tact and to add injury to insult the ref blew for a goal kick.
Surely if he thought it was a goal kick then he must have thought the defender didn’t make contact with the ball, and if the defender didn’t make contact with the ball then it must have been a foul. I know, I know, too logical for football.

So endeth a great season for the Clarets who have finished way above anyone’s expectations. Some great games and some great results culminating in qualifying for European football for the 1st time in 51 years an our highest league finish in over 40 years.
Amazingly for the smallest club in the division from the smallest town, we have become the 5th most profitable in the premier league and the 12th most profitable in world football.

Not a bad season’s work :D :D
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 14, 2018 5:49 pm

johntheclaret wrote:What a terrible end of season game that was. Both teams safe, Europa safe, Nothing to play for so nobody played.
Bournemouth took the points with two farcical goals, the 2nd one in added time was pure comedy.

And before that, on 89 mins the stadium thought we’ve finally got our 1st penalty as Nacki Wells was tackled from behind and brought down in the box. Sadly our penalty hoodoo remained in tact and to add injury to insult the ref blew for a goal kick.
Surely if he thought it was a goal kick then he must have thought the defender didn’t make contact with the ball, and if the defender didn’t make contact with the ball then it must have been a foul. I know, I know, too logical for football.

So endeth a great season for the Clarets who have finished way above anyone’s expectations. Some great games and some great results culminating in qualifying for European football for the 1st time in 51 years an our highest league finish in over 40 years.
Amazingly for the smallest club in the division from the smallest town, we have become the 5th most profitable in the premier league and the 12th most profitable in world football.

Well done to the Clarets, will always have a soft spot for them and Leceister because of good friends that passionately follow/followed those clubs.
I read somewhere that Spurs have a similar pay structure to Burnley and are still miles behind Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc.
You'd have a much better idea than me mate, is that anywhere close to the truth?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby JK » Mon May 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Yep great season for the Clarets Johnny, since I've taken an interest in them (basically since meeting you) they've always seemed a well run club that makes sound financial decisions .. Long may it continue mate!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby johntheclaret » Mon May 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Wedgie wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:What a terrible end of season game that was. Both teams safe, Europa safe, Nothing to play for so nobody played.

Well done to the Clarets, will always have a soft spot for them and Leceister because of good friends that passionately follow/followed those clubs.
I read somewhere that Spurs have a similar pay structure to Burnley and are still miles behind Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc.
You'd have a much better idea than me mate, is that anywhere close to the truth?
i think you are probably right mate. I don’t think spurs are ever going to break the bank to sign a player, like say City, United, Chelsea or even Liverpool. I think Kane will be on a hefty salary though.

Our top earner is on £40k a week. But our manager is on £4.3m a year. Players, they come and go, even the greatest ones are still part of a team. Get the right manager and stick with him. Look at the clubs at the asre end of the league, and how many managers they’ve got through this year. That’s the real secret of success. Oh and a huge pot of cash helps :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Mon May 14, 2018 6:30 pm

JK wrote:Yep great season for the Clarets Johnny, since I've taken an interest in them (basically since meeting you) they've always seemed a well run club that makes sound financial decisions .. Long may it continue mate!!

Solid business model, implemented by true Claret fans in the board room.

Well get relegated next season :lol: :(
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon May 14, 2018 6:45 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

i think you are probably right mate. I don’t think spurs are ever going to break the bank to sign a player, like say City, United, Chelsea or even Liverpool. I think Kane will be on a hefty salary though.

Our top earner is on £40k a week. But our manager is on £4.3m a year. Players, they come and go, even the greatest ones are still part of a team. Get the right manager and stick with him. Look at the clubs at the asre end of the league, and how many managers they’ve got through this year. That’s the real secret of success. Oh and a huge pot of cash helps :lol:

A lot of football clubs both soccer and aussie rules could run off that model
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 14, 2018 6:48 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
JK wrote:Yep great season for the Clarets Johnny, since I've taken an interest in them (basically since meeting you) they've always seemed a well run club that makes sound financial decisions .. Long may it continue mate!!

Hope not mate, really enjoyed the Clarets 17/18 season. Hopefully kids like my lap grow up expecting Burnley to be a regular in the top flight. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby mighty hounds » Mon May 14, 2018 9:36 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

I hope so, you deserve it
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Was it Lee Mason? that'll be great if it was
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Tue May 15, 2018 6:54 am

mighty hounds wrote:

Sadly no. He was busy over the border in White Rose country ******* over Huddersfield for his but buddy Arsene.

I’ve heard he’s retiring in the summer so we he won’t be officiating in the EPL anymore. Apparently he’s off to Provence to share a bastide with his French boyfriend.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue May 15, 2018 7:29 am

johntheclaret wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Sadly no. He was busy over the border in White Rose country ******* over Huddersfield for his but buddy Arsene.

I’ve heard he’s retiring in the summer so we he won’t be officiating in the EPL anymore. Apparently he’s off to Provence to share a bastide with his French boyfriend.

While he’s at it maybe he should detour up to Burnley and teach them not to foul players in the box during injury time :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:15 am

Fulham win 2-0 to go through to the playoff final.
Broke the Wembley drought after 43 years which is the longest of any clubs across all 4 divisions
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby johntheclaret » Tue May 15, 2018 10:03 am

Jim05 wrote:Fulham win 2-0 to go through to the playoff final.
Broke the Wembley drought after 43 years which is the longest of any clubs across all 4 divisions

Nice one, LPH Will be canning it ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed May 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Everton sack Big Sam.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu May 17, 2018 10:51 pm

Spargo wrote:Everton sack Big Sam.

Surely that's it.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby johntheclaret » Fri May 18, 2018 10:26 am

Spargo wrote:Everton sack Big Sam.

Was he sacked or did they not renew his contract. I thought he was signed until the end of the season.
They were in the bottom 3 when he signed, and they finished 8th. What else were they expecting ??.
johntheclaret
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer