Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 10, 2018 11:20 am

tipper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:My day got better when I got home, opened a "final notice" for a speeding fine that had an extra $200 tapped on to it as it hadn't been attended to, what made it worse is that I didn't drive my car on the day specified.

i didnt think race cars had number plates anyway?

get online and check the photos. they have been known to make mistakes. i had a red light fine cancelled after a phone call. they didnt believe me at first (im sure they hear it all the time) but one look at the photo showed the lady on the phone i was right

They still pick up the 95 on my bonnet.

Doesn't it cost to see the photo?

It may well have been my car, once I find out the location, the wife did use it for a brief journey.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Spargo » Thu May 10, 2018 11:26 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:My day got better when I got home, opened a "final notice" for a speeding fine that had an extra $200 tapped on to it as it hadn't been attended to, what made it worse is that I didn't drive my car on the day specified.

get online and check the photos. they have been known to make mistakes. i had a red light fine cancelled after a phone call. they didnt believe me at first (im sure they hear it all the time) but one look at the photo showed the lady on the phone i was right

It may well have been my car, once I find out the location, the wife did use it for a brief journey.

You can look at the photo for free online by entering your expiation notice.
SAPOL website, I think.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 10, 2018 11:27 am

no cost to see the photo, in fact in Vic they send the photo to you as part of the fine documentation
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby tipper » Thu May 10, 2018 11:34 am

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

SAPOL website, I think.

yep. should be instructions with the fine documentation to view them online for free. on this link: https://expiationphoto.police.sa.gov.au/
asks for expiation no, reg no on the notice, and offence date. you can then view and download them via pdf.

if it was the wife driving, sign the stat dec to have it redirected to her and she wont have the late fee i think.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 10, 2018 11:48 am

tipper wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

SAPOL website, I think.

yep. should be instructions with the fine documentation to view them online for free. on this link: https://expiationphoto.police.sa.gov.au/
asks for expiation no, reg no on the notice, and offence date. you can then view and download them via pdf.

if it was the wife driving, sign the stat dec to have it redirected to her and she wont have the late fee i think.

Yep, just rang them, I need to fill out a review form stating why it was left so late and then they will work out if I can do a stat dec form.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu May 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Dutchy wrote:no cost to see the photo, in fact in Vic they send the photo to you as part of the fine documentation

They do in the Uk.

Or so I’m told :oops:
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu May 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Getting a hybrid rental car today.. fecken piece of crap.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby daysofourlives » Thu May 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:

Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Q. » Thu May 10, 2018 10:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:After breaking up from my wife late in 2012 I set out to make a better life for my kids and I, I didn't want to lose them so I put my life on hold and rebuilt myself from scratch, I left with nothing except some huge debts that I knew nothing of at the time.

The CSA told me that I had to go to Centrelink to do assessments and work out child support etc. as there was shared custody, I did and it was a feeling of accomplishment as I was recognised as a sole parent and everything was above board.

I received the minimum payments (based on my wage), around $90-$110 per fortnight, I done my taxes immediately after getting my group certificate and then Centrelink would send me a letter of re-assessment based on my estimated earnings vs actual earnings, I always over-estimated to avoid any fines etc.

I received money 3 times after they had assessed my tax.

Here I am, 5 years later and I receive an email saying I owe them $10,000 for over-payments between 2014-2016, how the hell do they work this out, they didn't even give me that much money during this time, no wonder people go and do crazy shit!
You can thank the federal Libs and their ****** up Robodebt system
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:LM, if you were overpaid more than you received than you wont even need to worry about estimates v real income, its an open and shut case.
If you want to visit a Centrelink office make sure you have an appointment booked.
Personally I'd try and avoid offices like Noarlunga, Salisbury, Elizabeth, etc and find a quieter one.

If I was overpaid more than I received?

Yeah, as I said before I'd never seen it happen but thats what you said happened to you in your original post about the issue.

PS I must have been out of the game a while, didn't even know there was an office in Prospect!

Despite being in Prospect it sometimes is incorrectly referred to as the Blair Athol branch. My wife deals with them everyday and reckons they are one of the worst Centrelinks to deal with
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Fri May 11, 2018 12:13 am

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:LM, if you were overpaid more than you received than you wont even need to worry about estimates v real income, its an open and shut case.
If you want to visit a Centrelink office make sure you have an appointment booked.
Personally I'd try and avoid offices like Noarlunga, Salisbury, Elizabeth, etc and find a quieter one.

Yeah, as I said before I'd never seen it happen but thats what you said happened to you in your original post about the issue.

PS I must have been out of the game a while, didn't even know there was an office in Prospect!

Despite being in Prospect it sometimes is incorrectly referred to as the Blair Athol branch. My wife deals with them everyday and reckons they are one of the worst Centrelinks to deal with

Oh, is it "that" side of Regency Road.
Geezus, would be feral as **** then!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:16 am

Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:[quote="Wedgie"]LM, if you were overpaid more than you received than you wont even need to worry about estimates v real income, its an open and shut case.

Oh, is it "that" side of Regency Road.
Geezus, would be feral as **** then![/quote]
Yes it’s THAT side!
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby tipper » Fri May 11, 2018 9:08 am

Wedgie wrote:Oh, is it "that" side of Regency Road.

directly across regency rd from grand north i think.....
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 11, 2018 9:41 am

Marginally
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri May 11, 2018 9:47 am

tipper wrote:

No, its moved. It was there when it was the Enfield branch.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 11, 2018 9:58 am

Wedgie wrote:No, its moved. It was there when it was the Enfield branch.

I've been in there once, it wan't too painful, perhaps it was a good time to go.

Growing up in the northern suburbs nothing really surprises me though and I tend to worry about my own business.

Things could get hectic though this time, depending on their response and reasoning, I have done nothing wrong yet any mistake that they have made could kick me in the balls despite them saying a few years ago that they have fully assessed it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri May 11, 2018 10:10 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:No, its moved. It was there when it was the Enfield branch.

I've been in there once, it wan't too painful, perhaps it was a good time to go.

Growing up in the northern suburbs nothing really surprises me though and I tend to worry about my own business.

Things could get hectic though this time, depending on their response and reasoning, I have done nothing wrong yet any mistake that they have made could kick me in the balls despite them saying a few years ago that they have fully assessed it.

try not to overthink it mate. you may worry about it all only for it to be sorted quick smart when you go in there. then you have wasted all that nervous energy worrying for nothing. and even if it does go badly, the worrying wont change it.

i know it is easy for me to say, but im trying to keep it in mind myself with some of the shit we are going through at the moment :)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Fri May 11, 2018 10:11 am

Wedgie wrote:
tipper wrote:

No, its moved. It was there when it was the Enfield branch.

of course (man my memory is terrible....) it moved a couple of hundred metres north down main north road.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 11, 2018 10:18 am

tipper wrote:try not to overthink it mate. you may worry about it all only for it to be sorted quick smart when you go in there. then you have wasted all that nervous energy worrying for nothing. and even if it does go badly, the worrying wont change it.

i know it is easy for me to say, but im trying to keep it in mind myself with some of the shit we are going through at the moment :)

It's what I do mate unfortunately, I think the worst and work my way back from there, that way I'm never disappointed.

Yeah, hopefully Kenny is in the looney bin for your next inspection, good luck with the sale, we had the storms of the century hit 3 days before my house had it's first open which strained my ceiling and formed a bit split that pissed out water in my lounge room.

The whole house selling thing is very tense, I think mine was on the market for 16 days but felt like 8 months.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri May 11, 2018 10:27 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:try not to overthink it mate. you may worry about it all only for it to be sorted quick smart when you go in there. then you have wasted all that nervous energy worrying for nothing. and even if it does go badly, the worrying wont change it.

It's what I do mate unfortunately, I think the worst and work my way back from there, that way I'm never disappointed.

Yeah, hopefully Kenny is in the looney bin for your next inspection, good luck with the sale, we had the storms of the century hit 3 days before my house had it's first open which strained my ceiling and formed a bit split that pissed out water in my lounge room.

The whole house selling thing is very tense, I think mine was on the market for 16 days but felt like 8 months.
Ouch. Glad we havent had storms like that (touch wood) weve been on the market for 3 weeks so far. Its just one of those things. Cant make people buy it. We still need to find somewhere to live as well, so thats my next challenge.

We have another open this weekend. Im debating with myself whether i just pre empt things. Break in and zip tie everyone in that house till after our open..... thats not illegal right?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion