6%
Salisbury
1%
SMOSH West Lakes
5%

Total votes : 83

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Postby bloods08 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:54 am

We have a few out unfortunately. Not that we will be using that as an excuse if we go down. Should be a beauty.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri May 11, 2018 10:55 am

Robb_Stark wrote:the player from Eastern Park has been playing on the edge with things like this for the last 2-3 years this is just the first time he has been caught....E.P are not on the front foot because I see 2-3 other players on the list who at anytime could get reported and get games as they have short tempers

Everyone has a short temper when it comes to you because you are a twit.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 11, 2018 11:05 am

scottroo wrote:Should be a great challenge for our boys brod. The gepps cross team looks extremely strong tomorrow

Tough tight contest.

Good to go out to Gepps Cross too, good club
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 11, 2018 11:20 am

The Bedge wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/sport/eastern-park-football-club-kicks-out-michael-friel-after-alleged-headbutt-and-will-lose-premiership-points-if-league-bans-him/news-story/d11c577006e26a395b6a501addff3461

Solid work from EPFC jumping on the front foot.

Eastern Park Football Club kicks out Michael Friel after alleged headbutt and will lose premiership points if league bans him

A NORTHERN suburbs football club has booted out a player who has been reported for headbutting.

Eastern Park deregistered Michael Friel on Tuesday night – three days after he received a red card for allegedly headbutting a Kilburn opponent during their division four match at Blair Athol Reserve.

Friel was set to front the Adelaide Footy League’s tribunal two nights ago but the hearing was postponed until Wednesday, pending an investigation into a second incident involving him from the same match.

Eastern Park is on notice with the league for previous incidents of bad behaviour and faces the loss of one premiership point for every week any of its players are suspended.

Demons football director Craig Wilson said Friel was told to leave because he broke rules the club imposed in 2014.

“We made it very clear since we signed the agreement with the league that there would be zero tolerance towards this kind of behaviour,” Wilson said.
“Because he received a red card, he has been deregistered from playing and asked to leave the football club, regardless of what the tribunal decides.”
Friel has been contacted for comment through the club.

League chief executive John Kernahan declined to comment before the tribunal hearing. Kilburn also would not comment.

If Friel is suspended, the Demons will be the second club this month to lose premiership points.

Last week the league stripped division six team West Croydon of three points after Hawks player Joseph Bull received a three-week ban for umpire abuse

Parks must have a hard nose.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby scottroo » Fri May 11, 2018 11:55 am

bloods08 wrote:We have a few out unfortunately. Not that we will be using that as an excuse if we go down. Should be a beauty.

Unchanged according to SportingPulse
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times

Postby bloods08 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:37 pm

scottroo wrote:
bloods08 wrote:We have a few out unfortunately. Not that we will be using that as an excuse if we go down. Should be a beauty.

Unchanged according to SportingPulse

It has been updated now by the looks
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri May 11, 2018 12:38 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:the player from Eastern Park has been playing on the edge with things like this for the last 2-3 years this is just the first time he has been caught....E.P are not on the front foot because I see 2-3 other players on the list who at anytime could get reported and get games as they have short tempers

Absolutely clueless comment to be honest.. he hasn’t played for the last 2 seasons, this was his first one back so who knows where you get your shocking information from.. Enlighten me on who the other players are that could get reported at any time? The club has done an awesome job cleaning that stuff up, was unfortunate what happened Saturday and as you can see the footy club has taken full responsibility for it, now they are trying to clean it all up!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby citycoaster17 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:01 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:

Absolutely clueless comment to be honest.. he hasn’t played for the last 2 seasons, this was his first one back so who knows where you get your shocking information from.. Enlighten me on who the other players are that could get reported at any time? The club has done an awesome job cleaning that stuff up, was unfortunate what happened Saturday and as you can see the footy club has taken full responsibility for it, now they are trying to clean it all up!

Played 5 games in 2016 by the looks, so only 1 season off.
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri May 11, 2018 1:02 pm

If you call that a season of football well then yeah only one off.. but he only filled in at times back then, may have done the same in 2015
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri May 11, 2018 5:30 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:

i played at pooraka i know the guy when he played for us and i played against him when he went to E.P i know first hand how he plays and how he pushes the limits with knees into the back on the ground with late tackles etc. Even few years back was doing head butts call me clueless that is fine but i expect to see at least 1 or 2 more get reported before season end past history short tempters.....
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 11, 2018 5:38 pm

Dude you cant just go around kicking blokes out because historically back in the day they've had a short temper or what not..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Sat May 12, 2018 10:22 am

If you on sanctions you leave out the question mark players E.P have 2 more hot heads near life bans why risk playing them and risk going down to doc 5
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Been liked: 155 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Sat May 12, 2018 10:45 am

Once again, I’d love to know who these 2 more hot heads are seeing as you know the footy club and all the players in it so well?
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby Brodlach » Sat May 12, 2018 6:40 pm

CLG over Gepps by about 5 goals in a tough bruising game of footy. Well done to both teams
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4216 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun May 13, 2018 12:48 am

Big Shred is sad missed a shot to win the game I retire Shrek out
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby bloods08 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:52 am

Brodlach wrote:CLG over Gepps by about 5 goals in a tough bruising game of footy. Well done to both teams

CLG were far too good today. Scoreboard probably flattered us. CLG should’ve probably won by 10-15 goals in the end. Hopefully we can get a few back for our trip to Edwardstown next week.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Postby carey » Sun May 13, 2018 2:05 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Once again, I’d love to know who these 2 more hot heads are seeing as you know the footy club and all the players in it so well?

I’d suggest it’s blokes he’d never say it to there face.

#keyboardwarrior
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Sun May 13, 2018 8:57 am

carey wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:Once again, I’d love to know who these 2 more hot heads are seeing as you know the footy club and all the players in it so well?

I’d suggest it’s blokes he’d never say it to there face.

#keyboardwarrior

If they’re as hot headed as he implies, definitely wouldn’t say it to their face :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby Danky$$ » Sun May 13, 2018 12:00 pm

was left dumb founded that an umpire in the smosh v kilburn game said there was no such rule in the saafl as taking the ball out of the ruck and getting tackled is holding the ball.
Danky$$
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Minion Master » Sun May 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Trader wrote:Sounds like the club is hanging the bloke out to dry before the tribunal hearing.

It seems unlikely, but what if the tribunal wanted to find him not guilty? Bit hard to do so now after the club has basically publicly stated he did the wrong thing.
No chance for him to get a fair hearing now.

In this case the club is bigger than the individual, they have obviously said stuff him, the future of the club is in jeopardy.

I don't blame them

Didn't they have a player red carded late last year & points deducted and have the rule in place red card/suspension player will be delisted, what happened in this instance, is this player still there?
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League