Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Fri May 11, 2018 12:26 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Tips for the weekend:
United V Angle Vale - Would think United win this one, AV appear to be improving, but I will tip the Tigers by 10 goals in what will be dry conditions on the best deck in the comp under the water tower.
Mallala V Balaklava - Is match of the round with 2 of the top 3 teams coming up against each other. Neither team has any real weakness, just think Mallala midfield too strong, should win this by 6 goals plus
Two Wells V Hamley - Can Two Wells kick 40 goals? Will be the only thing interesting about this.
Hummocks V Vriginia - Another close match up on paper. 2 of the 3 teams battling for 4th, 5th and 6th on the ladder. Nik out swings me toward Hummocks who will need to improve on last weeks game. Hummocks by 2 goals

Load up on Osborne Bulls in race 6 at Scone tomorrow. Is short at $2.30 but when you win your not losing!
If you want some value, Tangled in the Derby at Morphetville tomorrow is around $6.50 but has a wide barrier to overcome.

Multi
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby hairy cat » Fri May 11, 2018 2:29 pm

OnSong wrote:
hairy cat wrote:It seems like les Pearson is eyeing of a controversial resume to forward to 60 minutes
I tripped over the story on social media
The budget will sell out if this keeps up
But the "legend "put the boots into two wells the club he rolled into looking for a kick as a kid

You decide what definition of "legend" you apply to it:

legend |ˈlejənd|
noun
1 a traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but unauthenticated : the legend of King Arthur | according to legend he banished all the snakes from Ireland.
2 an extremely famous or notorious person, esp. in a particular field : the man was a living legend | a Wall Street legend.

Enough said
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby magpieeagle » Sat May 12, 2018 8:26 pm

Mallala win the Esky cup by 7 points.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Sat May 12, 2018 8:56 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Load up on Osborne Bulls in race 6 at Scone tomorrow. Is short at $2.30 but when you win your not losing!

:D
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Hazbeen » Sun May 13, 2018 10:03 am

Biting incodent in the Reserves at Port Wakefield yesterday. Little bald serial pest took a liking to the upper arm of an Eagles player drawing blood.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Hazbeen » Sun May 13, 2018 10:06 am

Also bit of chat about umpires. I know they are short of men in white and good on him for having a go but is being a club offical (senior colts coach) and then umpiring the A grade of the same club ok?
Hazbeen
Veteran

Postby mighty hounds » Sun May 13, 2018 9:03 pm

Hazbeen wrote:Biting incodent in the Reserves at Port Wakefield yesterday. Little bald serial pest took a liking to the upper arm of an Eagles player drawing blood.

Same bald bloke that claimed to have been shot by a ball bearing when he pinged his calf a few years back :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby OnSong » Mon May 14, 2018 9:04 am

Hazbeen wrote:Biting incident in the Reserves at Port Wakefield yesterday. Little bald serial pest took a liking to the upper arm of an Eagles player drawing blood.

His skin was ice cold...
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (154.33 KiB) Viewed 5121 times
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon May 14, 2018 11:02 am

Bit going on this week!

Angle Vale's Kieren Amos facing a possible life ban after being reported on Saturday for an alleged headbutt.

Earlier-mentioned biting report for Russo. Not a great week for Virginia after the senior netball teams were stripped of points and percentage from rounds 2 and 3.

But moving right along, Virginia celebrating its 20-year reunion for the 1998 flag on May 26, and my Local Football Legends piece will be on the evergreen Alex Leo.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed May 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Just with the budget Onsong, what is the long term plan. I think this year the content has been fantastic and is a definite improvement on years gone by, I just don't think they are still selling. We had over 60 left over on the weekend against AV, and Hamley Bridge were giving them away at the gate the week before so it is still a clear loss maker for clubs which isn't great for continued support.

I am liking the local legends section, of the 3 I have read though (may have missed one on the ANZAC game) and hopefully that keeps up all year, as last week was the only reason I bought one. Its great content, just not sure its "getting out" to enough people?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Wed May 16, 2018 5:39 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Just with the budget Onsong, what is the long term plan. I think this year the content has been fantastic and is a definite improvement on years gone by, I just don't think they are still selling. We had over 60 left over on the weekend against AV, and Hamley Bridge were giving them away at the gate the week before so it is still a clear loss maker for clubs which isn't great for continued support.

I am liking the local legends section, of the 3 I have read though (may have missed one on the ANZAC game) and hopefully that keeps up all year, as last week was the only reason I bought one. Its great content, just not sure its "getting out" to enough people?

I don't know what the long term plan is. It's a 3-year contract from what I can gather.
Not sure if $3 is too expensive or there needs to be a kickback for people on the gate to actively "sell" them.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed May 16, 2018 6:03 pm

OnSong wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Just with the budget Onsong, what is the long term plan. I think this year the content has been fantastic and is a definite improvement on years gone by, I just don't think they are still selling. We had over 60 left over on the weekend against AV, and Hamley Bridge were giving them away at the gate the week before so it is still a clear loss maker for clubs which isn't great for continued support.

I don't know what the long term plan is. It's a 3-year contract from what I can gather.
Not sure if $3 is too expensive or there needs to be a kickback for people on the gate to actively "sell" them.

$2 I feel would be the perfect price. $12 for 2 to get in, then $2 for budget, $1 for raffle ticket is an even $15. Currently to "even" up the change have to buy 5 raffle tickets which is too much!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Hazbeen » Wed May 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Busy night at the tribunal tonight. Anyone heard any results?
Hazbeen
Veteran

Postby magpieeagle » Thu May 17, 2018 3:30 pm

Who's coaching the Association side this yr?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu May 17, 2018 3:48 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Who's coaching the Association side this yr?

Kriegy
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby magpieeagle » Thu May 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Who's coaching the Association side this yr?

Kriegy

Thanks.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby OnSong » Thu May 17, 2018 3:59 pm

Hazbeen wrote:Busy night at the tribunal tonight. Anyone heard any results?

Heard Russo got 5, Amos 1
OnSong
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Fri May 18, 2018 2:12 pm

Association Kadina or Wallaroo? Program says Kadina but posts on FB say Wallaroo.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 18, 2018 2:22 pm

Hazbeen wrote:Also bit of chat about umpires. I know they are short of men in white and good on him for having a go but is being a club offical (senior colts coach) and then umpiring the A grade of the same club ok?

How did he go?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bob Loblaw » Fri May 18, 2018 3:23 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Association Kadina or Wallaroo? Program says Kadina but posts on FB say Wallaroo.

It's at Wallaroo, programs are wrong.
Bob Loblaw
Under 18s

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy