Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Corona Man » Sun May 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Hearing mums voice just now when I called for mother’s day. Chemo is knocking her about something terrible.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby HH3 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:30 pm

My mother in law passing away yesterday after an eight month battle with cancer.

Every evening for the last three weeks we've spent by her side at the QEH.

12.30am yesterday she finally decided it was time.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wedgie » Sun May 13, 2018 4:32 pm

HH3 wrote:My mother in law passing away yesterday after an eight month battle with cancer.

Sorry to hear that mate, thoughts are with you and your family.
May she rest in peace now.
**** Cancer! :evil:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 13, 2018 6:37 pm

HH3 wrote:My mother in law passing away yesterday after an eight month battle with cancer.

Oh no, that's terrible news, sorry to hear. Hows Beffy? Thankfully she/you both have lots of support xx
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun May 13, 2018 6:53 pm

Really sorry to hear that HH3

All the best to you, your partner and your entire family
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby johntheclaret » Sun May 13, 2018 8:09 pm

Sorry to hear that HH3. Condolences to you and your family
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun May 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Cancer is a ****
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 13, 2018 10:26 pm

Sorry to hear HH3

Today was the toughest day for my wife since my MIL passed, never thought of Mothers Day being a sad day before today.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby valleys07 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:03 pm

Heartfelt condolences to you and your wife, HH3.

**** cancer.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Grenville » Mon May 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Condolences lad,hope you all get through a shit time ok.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Grenville » Mon May 14, 2018 7:48 pm

Corona Man wrote:Hearing mums voice just now when I called for mother’s day. Chemo is knocking her about something terrible.

All the best CM, hope your mum gets through ok.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby HH3 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:14 pm

Thanks guys.

Very surreal. It hasnt been a surprise. The day I flew out for my game in Brisbane, we both thought itd be the last time we saw each other.

I called her as soon as I got off the field and she sounded good. She held out for another two weeks.

I think because of how drawn out it was, the family has been prepared for it and as f**ked up as it is, they're handling it as best as you could hope.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 14, 2018 8:17 pm

HH3 wrote:Thanks guys.

Very surreal. It hasnt been a surprise. The day I flew out for my game in Brisbane, we both thought itd be the last time we saw each other.

I called her as soon as I got off the field and she sounded good. She held out for another two weeks.

I think because of how drawn out it was, the family has been prepared for it and as f**ked up as it is, they're handling it as best as you could hope.

Shedding a tear for you mate, you have the SAFooty community behind you. :heart: :heart:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 15, 2018 9:50 am

It's hard to know whether sudden or drawn out is the easiest way, it's just very numbing either way.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 15, 2018 10:02 am

As I went to leave work yesterday I received a phone call saying my Grandfather had passed away in the morning.

The man was nothing short of inspirational after losing both his legs in a trucking accident at the age of 27 but continued to drive past 70 years of age, he was fully awake when they told him the only way they can save his life was to free him from the trailer that was on top of his crushed legs.

He had a tough life, had two sons die of cot death, another is retarded which him and my nanna (who died last year) never asked for help or care for him as they tried to once when he was a teenager only to return a week earlier that expected to find him severely bashed by staff members at the centre he was staying at.

The final straw was seeing everything they had lived for destroyed in the Pinery fires, due to a technicality with their insurance policy, they were not covered and couldn't afford to contest it, it saw them both deteriorate in health rapidly, you just can't start again when you're 80.

It was a very solemn night for me, my wife has some of her own issues she is dealing with so I didn't want to flood her with mine, I am lucky though to have a father like I did and a grandfather that taught me so much about myself and worrying about what I have around me, not what I don't have, he was a very spritely, happy man, I never saw him once in my life angry.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Tue May 15, 2018 10:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

It's hard to know whether sudden or drawn out is the easiest way, it's just very numbing either way.

Sudden. No other way.

My dad died of brain cancer and we had to watch as he went from a 17 stone giant of a man to an 8 stone skeleton over 5 months of awfulness. His dignity stripped away as he lost the ability to walk and go to the toilet, and eventually to communicate. He was a proud bloke who served in the 5th Tanks during WWII and an Army man for more than 20 years, so to have to endure whilst a nurse changed his nappy like he was a child, the embarrassment and shame must have been too much. Watching whilst all the time knowing it was terminal was emotionally draining for the family. Horrible, ******* horrible.

Losing our daughter, whilst emotionally far, far worse, meant we only had 6 weeks to endure. Your heart is already broken beyond repair the moment the doctor tells you. Outwardly she looked normal, and up until the morphine took control she was still able to talk and was pretty aware of her surroundings. It was like being in hospital with appendicitis, stupid as that might seem. Sudden leaves you less time to prepare and less time to say things, but in reality when it is your child, no length of time can prepare you and the things you want to tell them, they already know. **** you cancer.

I know it’s selfish, but having experienced it from both sides, sudden.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Tue May 15, 2018 10:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:As I went to leave work yesterday I received a phone call saying my Grandfather had passed away in the morning.

The man was nothing short of inspirational after losing both his legs in a trucking accident at the age of 27 but continued to drive past 70 years of age, he was fully awake when they told him the only way they can save his life was to free him from the trailer that was on top of his crushed legs.

He had a tough life, had two sons die of cot death, another is retarded which him and my nanna (who died last year) never asked for help or care for him as they tried to once when he was a teenager only to return a week earlier that expected to find him severely bashed by staff members at the centre he was staying at.

The final straw was seeing everything they had lived for destroyed in the Pinery fires, due to a technicality with their insurance policy, they were not covered and couldn't afford to contest it, it saw them both deteriorate in health rapidly, you just can't start again when you're 80.

It was a very solemn night for me, my wife has some of her own issues she is dealing with so I didn't want to flood her with mine, I am lucky though to have a father like I did and a grandfather that taught me so much about myself and worrying about what I have around me, not what I don't have, he was a very spritely, happy man, I never saw him once in my life angry.

You’re having a bit of a tough time at the moment LM. Call up a good mate, go out and have a beer and off load. A good mate will be happy to listen and being able to talk to someone relieves so much pressure.

Keep your chin up.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue May 15, 2018 10:44 am

Sorry to hear LM, sounds like an inspirational type bloke. If that’s is who you modeled yourself on no wonder you seem to be such a great person

All the best to you and your entire family
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 15, 2018 11:07 am

johntheclaret wrote:
Sudden. No other way.

My dad died of brain cancer and we had to watch as he went from a 17 stone giant of a man to an 8 stone skeleton over 5 months of awfulness. His dignity stripped away as he lost the ability to walk and go to the toilet, and eventually to communicate. He was a proud bloke who served in the 5th Tanks during WWII and an Army man for more than 20 years, so to have to endure whilst a nurse changed his nappy like he was a child, the embarrassment and shame must have been too much. Watching whilst all the time knowing it was terminal was emotionally draining for the family. Horrible, ******* horrible.

Losing our daughter, whilst emotionally far, far worse, meant we only had 6 weeks to endure. Your heart is already broken beyond repair the moment the doctor tells you. Outwardly she looked normal, and up until the morphine took control she was still able to talk and was pretty aware of her surroundings. It was like being in hospital with appendicitis, stupid as that might seem. Sudden leaves you less time to prepare and less time to say things, but in reality when it is your child, no length of time can prepare you and the things you want to tell them, they already know. **** you cancer.

I know it’s selfish, but having experienced it from both sides, sudden.

That is truly harrowing, I can't even pretend to place myself in your shoes to imagine what that would be like, I lost a step-son in a car accident, on the same token it was a couple of years after I broke up with his mum which was a bizarre feeling as I had spent 15 years being a father figure to him and then felt like an outsider waiting for the nod to share compassion.

In my father's case, although it was tough watching him slowly erode away, we shared some laughs along the way and the one thing that I am grateful of is that I never left anything unsaid, it's the only satisfying thing I have of his passing.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 15, 2018 11:12 am

johntheclaret wrote:
You’re having a bit of a tough time at the moment LM. Call up a good mate, go out and have a beer and off load. A good mate will be happy to listen and being able to talk to someone relieves so much pressure.

Keep your chin up.

Thanks JTC, after spending 15 years running a club, harbouring everyone else's problems I tend to be a bit of a loner now, this place is probably my escape.

Unfortunately my mum is very ill at the moment, this has hit her immensely as she would usually go and see him on a Saturday morning, she had been in Europe for a couple of weeks and got really sick in London where she spent the last 3 days of her trip bedridden, she was unable to go see him Saturday and feels a bit responsible, I can't even talk to her at the moment but I'm hoping she's up for some company this afternoon.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion