Woodville South
5%
Smithfield
7%

Total votes : 85

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 13, 2018 8:52 pm

Zed likes to keep us all in suspense.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby zedman » Sun May 13, 2018 8:56 pm

33 goals was a spectacle and it could have gone either way, I think they kicked the last 3 behinds of the game in a mad dash at the end..Pulteney impressed me..good to meet their coach and players in the club after..they reminded me of glenunga with some serious talent all over the deck..out to Anderson Walk this week to play our old mates..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Sun May 13, 2018 9:20 pm

jo172 wrote:What?

How/why do yellow cards get withdrawn?

Common sense, that’s how. Maybe the question you should be asking is “why were they given in the first place?”. They didn’t make sense and they were disputed. The other ‘senior’ umpire filed a report about them and common sense has prevailed.

The pleasing thing about this whole mess was the League got on the front foot with it directly with both umpires and then called me on a Sunday to advise me they were going to be withdrawn. All I had done at that stage was sent a text to Colin asking for a meeting on Tuesday. No meeting needed and the matter is now closed. Well handled by Colin on an issue that should not have even existed.
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby fido bedow » Mon May 14, 2018 8:32 am

Development Coach wrote:Hectorville Vs Kenilworth – Be to strong
Hope Valley Vs Ingle Farm – Based on home ground and good win last week
Lockleys Vs Pulteney – Bounce back from last week, home ground, just need to kick straight
Woody South Vs Smithfield – Way to good
BOS Vs CBC – If Greenbank doesn’t play could go the other way

Hectorvilles A grade coach certainly didn’t leave anyone out in his 3/4 time address to the players.....
fido bedow
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 15, 2018 11:26 am

The Bedge Reviews... Hope Valley Canteen/BBQ - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Few days late, so operating purely off memory so may miss some parts, but none the less here we go..

THE GOOD
As I strode to the canteen to find something to satisfy my growing ache for food, my attention was immediately drawn to the large poster on the bench - 'The Holy Grail' - the name alone was almost enough to make me buy it. $10 cost for a hamburger that included (and I'm operating off memory here) a nice thick, juicy, succulent beef patty followed by a sliced up cheese kransky, topped with rich, decadent bacon and soft caramelised BBQ onion . Add a bit of fresh home made coleslaw and a sprinkle of Big Mac burger sauce and it was a sight to behold.

Slightly intimidating in size, surprisingly easy to eat, and not too messy. Some slight downward pressure to compress our food groups and away we went.

The hamburger bun was brilliant. Fresh, soft, delicious. The patty - truly value for money. Served in quick time, limited down time waiting gives it bonus points.

Only criticism was I would've liked the meats to be a little hotter, but that's academic, it went down a treat and proved to be a popular item amongst people.

Bedge Rating - 6.5/10

THE BAD
Misleading title on this, the food was far from bad.. and that food is the freshly cooked hot chips and gravy.

The chips themselves were beautifully cooked. Golden and crisp on the outside providing that lovely crunch but soft, hot and delicate on the inside.. complimented by a well prepared, consistent gravy that was nice and hot and had the tastebuds dancing in ecstasy.

A generous serve in your standard foil tray to keep them nice and hot, it's an item I would recommend to visiting sides.

However... 20min wait totally ruins the experience. Clearly a high volume product, the Demons need to find a better way to pump out their goods in a more adequate time frame.. good food or not, no one wants to want a whole quarter to experience it - especially not fat hungry people like me.

Bedge Rating - 4/10

THE UGLY
As if mocking me, the footy gods had me scheduled to return to the scene of the massacre again Sunday. As I arrived, i'd hoped maybe our players had finally turned up, but alas the ground was empty.

Early morning kids footy, and being a 9am game had rushed around in the morning and forgot to stop and grab my regular coffee.. to my delight however I was informed the canteen had coffee! Brilliant! Saved!

Unfortunately the coffee was arguably the most disgusting thing i'd experienced that weekend - that's saying something as I was involved in 3 thrashings the day before, and then had watched the HV U7's pick apart the IF kids with precision kicking and spread as if they were playing against witches hats.

Devastating way to finish my weekend and Hope Valley experience - what started with the eldest daughter losing Friday night to the Demons, followed by 3 senior footy losses Saturday then the youngest girls losing Sunday and then being topped off with that disgusting excuse for a coffee - I was on suicide watch Sunday night, and i'm sure glad I don't have to worry about the Demons for another 9 weeks.. i'm emotionally scared.

Bedge Rating - 1/10
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby The Ash Man » Tue May 15, 2018 11:37 am

The Bedge wrote:The Bedge Reviews... Hope Valley Canteen/BBQ - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Few days late, so operating purely off memory so may miss some parts, but none the less here we go..

THE GOOD
As I strode to the canteen to find something to satisfy my growing ache for food, my attention was immediately drawn to the large poster on the bench - 'The Holy Grail' - the name alone was almost enough to make me buy it. $10 cost for a hamburger that included (and I'm operating off memory here) a nice thick, juicy, succulent beef patty followed by a sliced up cheese kransky, topped with rich, decadent bacon and soft caramelised BBQ onion . Add a bit of fresh home made coleslaw and a sprinkle of Big Mac burger sauce and it was a sight to behold.

Slightly intimidating in size, surprisingly easy to eat, and not too messy. Some slight downward pressure to compress our food groups and away we went.

The hamburger bun was brilliant. Fresh, soft, delicious. The patty - truly value for money. Served in quick time, limited down time waiting gives it bonus points.

Only criticism was I would've liked the meats to be a little hotter, but that's academic, it went down a treat and proved to be a popular item amongst people.

Bedge Rating - 6.5/10

THE BAD
Misleading title on this, the food was far from bad.. and that food is the freshly cooked hot chips and gravy.

The chips themselves were beautifully cooked. Golden and crisp on the outside providing that lovely crunch but soft, hot and delicate on the inside.. complimented by a well prepared, consistent gravy that was nice and hot and had the tastebuds dancing in ecstasy.

A generous serve in your standard foil tray to keep them nice and hot, it's an item I would recommend to visiting sides.

However... 20min wait totally ruins the experience. Clearly a high volume product, the Demons need to find a better way to pump out their goods in a more adequate time frame.. good food or not, no one wants to want a whole quarter to experience it - especially not fat hungry people like me.

Bedge Rating - 4/10

THE UGLY
As if mocking me, the footy gods had me scheduled to return to the scene of the massacre again Sunday. As I arrived, i'd hoped maybe our players had finally turned up, but alas the ground was empty.

Early morning kids footy, and being a 9am game had rushed around in the morning and forgot to stop and grab my regular coffee.. to my delight however I was informed the canteen had coffee! Brilliant! Saved!

Unfortunately the coffee was arguably the most disgusting thing i'd experienced that weekend - that's saying something as I was involved in 3 thrashings the day before, and then had watched the HV U7's pick apart the IF kids with precision kicking and spread as if they were playing against witches hats.

Devastating way to finish my weekend and Hope Valley experience - what started with the eldest daughter losing Friday night to the Demons, followed by 3 senior footy losses Saturday then the youngest girls losing Sunday and then being topped off with that disgusting excuse for a coffee - I was on suicide watch Sunday night, and i'm sure glad I don't have to worry about the Demons for another 9 weeks.. i'm emotionally scared.

Bedge Rating - 1/10

You should also mention that you were better in the C Grade than the 5th best you were awarded on SP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby S Demon » Tue May 15, 2018 11:49 am

Thanks for the feedback Bedge. This was our canteen lady's first ever day on the job and thanks to triple m, we had a much larger crowd than a normal triple header and were under the pump all day in the canteen, bbq and the bar. It was a rude awakening for our first home game of the year. It's fair to say we'd had little practice in the lead up to Saturday with a lot of new volunteers experiencing things for the first time. We've got a much larger deep frying ready to be installed which will hopefully help speed up the chip orders.

You'll be pleased to know that the Holy Grail was invented during the week in anticipation of your arrival, but with everything going on it was even a surprise to the player's in the BBQ, who suddenly had to make them with little information before the actual day! The boys did a pretty good job all things considered

We also normally have a coffee van on sunday morning, but they opted to go elsewhere with no games there for the start of the season. For future reference, there is also a coffee machine inside the clubrooms. Although I'm not sure that would have tasted much better to be honest

All in all, it was a huge day for the club and good to get the 3 wins.
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 15, 2018 11:54 am

The Ash Man wrote:
You should also mention that you were better in the C Grade than the 5th best you were awarded on SP.

That's a decoy.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 15, 2018 11:55 am

The Ash Man wrote:You should also mention that you were better in the C Grade than the 5th best you were awarded on SP.

55 scoring shots from about 70 F50 entries, it's easy to pick up some cheap kicks over 3 or so quarters. :lol:

Valleys C grade pretty imposing unit though - first you have Hagerstrom in the ruck, who wouldn't look out of place playing A grade footy still, then as if that's not bad enough, he gets a chop out from Garang who is one helluva athlete! He was jumping a good foot or so over our ruck, and using his two hands to push the ball wherever he wanted!

Anderson and Bowen I thought were outstanding all day, and Franceschinis provided plenty of run - was he coming off a back flank?

The Mitchell boys up forward were impossible for our guys to match up on, and 16 between them could easily have been a lot more if they hadn't been so selfless, add in Burns who is fresh off playing A grade footy at Brahma last year - it's a potent lineup.

I did have two giggle moments - 1 was a young fella playing forward burnt his team mates, snapped and kicked a point - one of the Ingle Farm players called him a hungry hippo, and he lost his shit :lol: he was going wild, calling us sore losers etc.. he really took that comment to heart haha!

The other was the breaks "Alright backs over here" I was thinking why? What have they got to talk about? Ball hasn't been down there all day, poor blokes must be bored sh*tless haha!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 15, 2018 11:57 am

S Demon wrote:You'll be pleased to know that the Holy Grail was invented during the week in anticipation of your arrival, but with everything going on it was even a surprise to the player's in the BBQ, who suddenly had to make them with little information before the actual day!.

Yeah figured that when I went up and gave them the hamburger ticket and told them it was the for the 'Holy Grail' and the reply was "What the hell is that?" :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Pag » Tue May 15, 2018 12:06 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:You should also mention that you were better in the C Grade than the 5th best you were awarded on SP.

55 scoring shots from about 70 F50 entries, it's easy to pick up some cheap kicks over 3 or so quarters. :lol:

Valleys C grade pretty imposing unit though - first you have Hagerstrom in the ruck, who wouldn't look out of place playing A grade footy still, then as if that's not bad enough, he gets a chop out from Garang who is one helluva athlete! He was jumping a good foot or so over our ruck, and using his two hands to push the ball wherever he wanted!

Anderson and Bowen I thought were outstanding all day, and Franceschinis provided plenty of run - was he coming off a back flank?

The Mitchell boys up forward were impossible for our guys to match up on, and 16 between them could easily have been a lot more if they hadn't been so selfless, add in Burns who is fresh off playing A grade footy at Brahma last year - it's a potent lineup.

I did have two giggle moments - 1 was a young fella playing forward burnt his team mates, snapped and kicked a point - one of the Ingle Farm players called him a hungry hippo, and he lost his shit :lol: he was going wild, calling us sore losers etc.. he really took that comment to heart haha!

The other was the breaks "Alright backs over here" I was thinking why? What have they got to talk about? Ball hasn't been down there all day, poor blokes must be bored sh*tless haha!

Why is Frangers playing C grade?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 15, 2018 12:20 pm

injured, coming back through (plus mrs frangers is due to drop any second now)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Footy Chick wrote:injured, coming back through (plus mrs frangers is due to drop any second now)

Am I the only one who finds it amusing a guy whose name is 'frangers' got his mrs pregnant? :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Tue May 15, 2018 12:56 pm

Pag wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Why is Frangers playing C grade?

When was the last time you saw him?

The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times

Postby Q. » Tue May 15, 2018 1:15 pm

The Ash Man wrote:
When was the last time you saw him?

Permanently located in trainers room
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby S Demon » Tue May 15, 2018 1:31 pm

Footy Chick wrote:injured, coming back through (plus mrs frangers is due to drop any second now)

That's the nice way of saying he's old, slow, always injured and playing the grade he should be! :lol:
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby S Demon » Tue May 15, 2018 2:28 pm

CBCOC v HV triple header will be played at Marion FC on Saturday due to the East Parklands being unavailable
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 15, 2018 2:33 pm

S Demon wrote:CBCOC v HV triple header will be played at Marion FC on Saturday due to the East Parklands being unavailable

That's not a random location at all! :shock: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 15, 2018 2:41 pm

S Demon wrote:CBCOC v HV triple header will be played at Marion FC on Saturday due to the East Parklands being unavailable

Just saw the email.

Boooooooo!

Footy Chick

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue May 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Similar dimensions to East Parklands.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League