6%
Salisbury
1%
SMOSH West Lakes
5%

Total votes : 83

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 13, 2018 2:21 pm

It’s a bit of a double edged sword. Yes Eastern Park have been on the front foot, however you still have to make the individual accountable for their actions at the tribunal. Not a nice position for the club to be in.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Pag » Mon May 14, 2018 11:22 am

Cheers to the Pooraka lads (Armstrong, Batten, Zolnowski, Hurst and a couple of others) who came in for a beer after the game. Disappointing from our point of view to give up four goals to zip in the first 10 mins and have to battle back from there, after doing the same the week before at Towns.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 14, 2018 11:36 am

Pag wrote:Cheers to the Pooraka lads (Armstrong, Batten, Zolnowski, Hurst and a couple of others) who came in for a beer after the game. Disappointing from our point of view to give up four goals to zip in the first 10 mins and have to battle back from there, after doing the same the week before at Towns.

Batten's a funny lad.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby beef » Mon May 14, 2018 11:53 am

Pag wrote:Cheers to the Pooraka lads (Armstrong, Batten, Zolnowski, Hurst and a couple of others) who came in for a beer after the game. Disappointing from our point of view to give up four goals to zip in the first 10 mins and have to battle back from there, after doing the same the week before at Towns.

First game i've seen all year but it looked like the Salisbury half backs were way too loose and just no good at defending.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Pag » Mon May 14, 2018 12:15 pm

beef wrote:

First game i've seen all year but it looked like the Salisbury half backs were way too loose and just no good at defending.

Would've thought giving up only seven goals from the 10-min mark of the first quarter onwards wasn't a bad effort defensively, but it depends on what view you watch/post with. ;)
Pag
Coach

Postby beef » Mon May 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Pag wrote:
beef wrote:

Would've thought giving up only seven goals from the 10-min mark of the first quarter onwards wasn't a bad effort defensively, but it depends on what view you watch/post with. ;)

Yeah, the main reason you lost was the terrible runner you had, cost you a goal and lost by 3 points. Most influence he's ever had on an A grade game.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Pag » Mon May 14, 2018 12:44 pm

beef wrote:
Pag wrote:
beef wrote:

Yeah, the main reason you lost was the terrible runner you had, cost you a goal and lost by 3 points. Most influence he's ever had on an A grade game.
Haha, fair to say he was a shattered man on Saturday night.
Pag
Coach

Postby schimma » Mon May 14, 2018 8:50 pm

In my Opinion Eatern Park have always pushed the envelope. But have improved a great deal from when i started playing against them in 99. I watched them against SMOSH a few weeks ago and they were good. A lot better then back in the day. The club seems to be going in the right direction.

Besides that very even comp so far Gepps, Towns and CLG were good against us and Kilburn played a good brand of footy as well. SMOSHIES are a very young side and its great to them turn it all around playing a good brand of footy
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby FOOTY TALK » Tue May 15, 2018 12:44 pm

beef wrote:

from what i saw it wasnt the defenders that let the side down.the lack of help from midfielders running down was more of a problem.
FOOTY TALK
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby dragonman345 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Is there still no clear cut favourite in this division? Wondering whether or not Glenunga and CLG will end up fighting it out for the flag.
dragonman345
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby Pag » Tue May 15, 2018 1:44 pm

dragonman345 wrote:Is there still no clear cut favourite in this division? Wondering whether or not Glenunga and CLG will end up fighting it out for the flag.

Glenunga deserved flag favs.
Pag
Coach

Postby zedman » Tue May 15, 2018 1:47 pm

GOAT wrote:Glenunga are going to be the 'most overratted' team this year. Between each div is a pretty big step these days, like alot of you people have stated previously, its not about the guns, its the depth y'all have.

#bleedredandblue wrote:I know I’m looking forward to watching teams like kilburn, eastern park and gepps cross all have seriously good wins against glenunga.. your kidding yourself if you think the top teams in div 5 can match it with the top teams in div 4! Huge difference

GOAT wrote:I cant see Glenunga knocking off EP, they wont get close to them. I reckon it will be a repeat of previous year when the 2 div 5 sides came up and went straight back down. Only thing that may stop 1 of em is salisbury. Kilburn v edwardstown GF, heard it here first.

Danky$$ wrote:Kilburns top 8-10 will be far better than glenungas, or anyone for that sake, kilburns depth this year is the best in years. Expect their 2s to be playing finals, be call I know but will have plenty of depth.

Yank Man wrote:Believe me Zed, there is a very big gap between Kilburn, Gepps X, Eastern Park, Edwardstown CLG etc etc and top end Div 5. Expect Glenunga to be ok but stand outs, top 3, nup.

glenunga is the team to beat with clg obviously right up there..round 9 looms as a big game..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 15, 2018 2:08 pm

zedman wrote:
GOAT wrote:Glenunga are going to be the 'most overratted' team this year. Between each div is a pretty big step these days, like alot of you people have stated previously, its not about the guns, its the depth y'all have.

#bleedredandblue wrote:I know I’m looking forward to watching teams like kilburn, eastern park and gepps cross all have seriously good wins against glenunga.. your kidding yourself if you think the top teams in div 5 can match it with the top teams in div 4! Huge difference

GOAT wrote:I cant see Glenunga knocking off EP, they wont get close to them. I reckon it will be a repeat of previous year when the 2 div 5 sides came up and went straight back down. Only thing that may stop 1 of em is salisbury. Kilburn v edwardstown GF, heard it here first.

Danky$$ wrote:Kilburns top 8-10 will be far better than glenungas, or anyone for that sake, kilburns depth this year is the best in years. Expect their 2s to be playing finals, be call I know but will have plenty of depth.

Yank Man wrote:Believe me Zed, there is a very big gap between Kilburn, Gepps X, Eastern Park, Edwardstown CLG etc etc and top end Div 5. Expect Glenunga to be ok but stand outs, top 3, nup.

glenunga is the team to beat with clg obviously right up there..round 9 looms as a big game..

Personal fave.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 15, 2018 2:13 pm

EP will be lucky if their season is still alive after tomorrow night.. they'll be hard pressed to avoid relegation let alone be a contender.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 15, 2018 2:27 pm

The Bedge wrote:EP will be lucky if their season is still alive after tomorrow night.. they'll be hard pressed to avoid relegation let alone be a contender.

Gonna be hard being -2 after 6 rounds.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby S Demon » Tue May 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:EP will be lucky if their season is still alive after tomorrow night.. they'll be hard pressed to avoid relegation let alone be a contender.

So you're tipping he'll get 8 games?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 15, 2018 2:32 pm

S Demon wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

8 will be on the softer end of the scale given it's two separate offences he's up for...
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 15, 2018 2:33 pm

S Demon wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Unfortunately for Eastern Park, yes. Hopefully the actions that the club have taken will reduce their punishment.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby S Demon » Tue May 15, 2018 2:36 pm

The Bedge wrote:
S Demon wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

8 will be on the softer end of the scale given it's two separate offences he's up for...

Will the player be attending? Given that he has been given his marching orders, will he even bother? Could make things worse if he doesn't attend
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue May 15, 2018 2:38 pm

Eastern Park have hired Super Lawyer Shrek. Old mate is now paying $1.20 to be found not guilty.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League