Is this the worst ?

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Is this the worst ?

Postby Michael » Tue May 15, 2018 10:36 pm

Is this the worst and most cringe worthy promotion for a SANFL game ? I would have thought the club would be promoting in another way considering its history. Thoughts ?

www.cdfc.com.au/club-news/join-us-this- ... al-wedding
Michael
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Is this the worst ?

Postby blueandwhite » Tue May 15, 2018 11:14 pm

I guess Centrals like most other clubs are desperate to get people through the gates . Personally as a Republican I would sooner hit my thumb with a hammer for 2 hrs than watch or have anything to do with the Royal wedding.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 16, 2018 4:15 am

Most poms i know hate the Royals more than us!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby johntheclaret » Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 am

Wedgie wrote:Most poms i know hate the Royals more than us!

I don’t hate them. I’m just indifferent to them. As a tourist attraction they bring in a lot of $$$$. But on the flip side the wider ‘family’ of hangers on is getting wider and most of them behave like arses on tax payers money. I’m glad I turned it down ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby beef » Wed May 16, 2018 8:09 am

SAFOOTY logic
SANFL is stuffed, can't get people to come to matches, clubs need to do different things
Club does "something different" and it's terrible and cringeworthy
If it happens to get 1 extra person to the game, good on CDFC
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 16, 2018 9:10 am

beef wrote:SAFOOTY logic
SANFL is stuffed, can't get people to come to matches, clubs need to do different things

Speaking of logic! :shock:

unnamed.png
unnamed.png (8.01 KiB) Viewed 5967 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby johntheclaret » Wed May 16, 2018 9:27 am

Don’t tar everyone with the same brush beef. It’s a bit like pissing in the wind, and there are much wider issues the SANFL need to address with some urgency, but any initiative that tries to get bums on seats is worth a go.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby whufc » Wed May 16, 2018 9:42 am

Definitely cringeworthy but at the end of the day if you don't like just stay in the clubrooms and drink a couple of extra beer.

It does sadden me that SANFL are being forced to stoop to new lows to be able to promote their club and the league.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed May 16, 2018 9:50 am

I think it's got a little bit of cringe factor, but I'd rather see this than the club not trying new things with its marketing. And the new marketing officer is certainly doing good things promoting the club.

I only hate it because I'm an ardent republican. And I'm a middle-aged bloke who doesn't buy into the Royal fantasy - which is probably like a large part of the SANFL audience.

And...living and working out this way, I know that the community still has a massive interest in the Royal Family as there are lots of people talking about it, although mostly older people. I've heard lots of people talk about their plans to watch it. Including my effing mother in law. :-&
Recently, I was involved in the visit of a relatively minor Royal and there was lots and lots of interest from local.

As for the club's history, I don't understand Michael's point in the initial post about "given the club's history". Sadly (for me), it's entirely appropriate to try this sort of marketing. The club's English roots are very well known and still very obvious (including in the soccer chants that we've been derided for for most of our history, but I note some Crows supporters are now using).
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Big Phil » Wed May 16, 2018 11:59 am

At least they are trying something different...

Out of curiosity, who do you follow in the SANFL competition, Michael?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Big Phil » Wed May 16, 2018 11:59 am

Well said, for a Norwood supporter ;)
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby goddy11 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:09 pm

Big Phil wrote:

Well said, for a Norwood supporter ;)

Agree BP. The doggies are trying something positive. Good on them, hope everything turns out well. I'm not a royalist but I love the story.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby bulldogproud » Wed May 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Have to take into account that the game is also against Sturt who, as a club, have a Royal English ancestry, Their ground is located around Cambridge and Oxford Terraces and their colours are based on the twin blues of these universities.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby GMcG » Wed May 16, 2018 2:11 pm

I suppose it's better than recruiting footy players with thuggish, drug-taking lifestyles, to attract a crowd. :D
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby bulldogproud » Wed May 16, 2018 2:15 pm

GMcG wrote:I suppose it's better than recruiting footy players with thuggish, drug-taking lifestyles, to attract a crowd. :D

Are you 'Josh'ing with us? :D
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Jim05 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:17 pm

GMcG wrote:I suppose it's better than recruiting footy players with thuggish, drug-taking lifestyles, to attract a crowd. :D

You can take the boy out of Lizbeff................,,,
;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Wed May 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I think it's got a little bit of cringe factor, but I'd rather see this than the club not trying new things with its marketing. And the new marketing officer is certainly doing good things promoting the club.

I only hate it because I'm an ardent republican. And I'm a middle-aged bloke who doesn't buy into the Royal fantasy - which is probably like a large part of the SANFL audience.

And...living and working out this way, I know that the community still has a massive interest in the Royal Family as there are lots of people talking about it, although mostly older people. I've heard lots of people talk about their plans to watch it. Including my effing mother in law. :-&
Recently, I was involved in the visit of a relatively minor Royal and there was lots and lots of interest from local.

As for the club's history, I don't understand Michael's point in the initial post about "given the club's history". Sadly (for me), it's entirely appropriate to try this sort of marketing. The club's English roots are very well known and still very obvious (including in the soccer chants that we've been derided for for most of our history, but I note some Crows supporters are now using).

Agree mate.

I love the fact our club is proud of its British roots.

Having a small marketing background I would suggest that the marketing plan behind the idea was more around having the 'funny' images of Roy and Trent rather than the actual 'royal wedding itself'

I'm guessing the marketing department are hoping the images of Trent and Roy would been seen for its comedy value and then shared largely amongst the Facebook community creating awareness that Centrals were playing at home on the day. More shares, like, comments plays with the algorithm increasing the engagement in the clubs posts.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed May 16, 2018 3:01 pm

whufc wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I think it's got a little bit of cringe factor, but I'd rather see this than the club not trying new things with its marketing. And the new marketing officer is certainly doing good things promoting the club.

Agree mate.

I love the fact our club is proud of its British roots.

Having a small marketing background I would suggest that the marketing plan behind the idea was more around having the 'funny' images of Roy and Trent rather than the actual 'royal wedding itself'

I'm guessing the marketing department are hoping the images of Trent and Roy would been seen for its comedy value and then shared largely amongst the Facebook community creating awareness that Centrals were playing at home on the day. More shares, like, comments plays with the algorithm increasing the engagement in the clubs posts.

You're talking my language here, mate. ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby GMcG » Wed May 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Jim05 wrote:

You can take the boy out of Lizbeff................,,,
;)

ease up! Sorsbury mate! :D
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Mic » Wed May 16, 2018 6:43 pm

Centrals had plenty of promotion/things on during its Easter game too.

My club does nothing like this. :?
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL