Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby Booney » Tue May 15, 2018 4:53 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:You could always take someone else’s history and claim it as your own I suppose like the Power did.

No Carlton posts this week mate?

Strange....

Keeping a lid on it.

You should try it ;)

Please, point out the posts where I took the lid off.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:58 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:You could always take someone else’s history and claim it as your own I suppose like the Power did.

No Carlton posts this week mate?

Strange....

Keeping a lid on it.

You should try it ;)

Please, point out the posts where I took the lid off.

You took the lid off with the honeymooners!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue May 15, 2018 5:34 pm

morell wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:We all have our opinion but if you read a lot of reactions over the last 2 weeks then you have your head in the sand regarding Port fans and Ken Hinkley. My opinion is that you were crazy to sign the bloke last year like you did.

Again, let’s revisit this topic in 3-4 weeks.

Pulling these numbers from my jacksy:

I reckon 50% would be reasonably ambivalent towards Ken. As in, neither here nor there. 25% would be your happy clapper types that would support anyone and everyone not matter what.

Then there would be 25% who want change. Think the list is in excellent shape and if coached by someone with a more positive mindset could contend for a flag right now.

I'd suggest the last group is the one that's growing most rapidly...

Isn’t that where you pull all your stats and data from?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby morell » Tue May 15, 2018 6:02 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
morell wrote:If you think human beings don't have an innate understanding and sense of place, then you don't understand human beings.

I think you need to read my post again.

Was more in response to the other bloke.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
morell wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:We all have our opinion but if you read a lot of reactions over the last 2 weeks then you have your head in the sand regarding Port fans and Ken Hinkley. My opinion is that you were crazy to sign the bloke last year like you did.

I reckon 50% would be reasonably ambivalent towards Ken. As in, neither here nor there. 25% would be your happy clapper types that would support anyone and everyone not matter what.

Then there would be 25% who want change. Think the list is in excellent shape and if coached by someone with a more positive mindset could contend for a flag right now.

I literally made them up.

But no, I usually get my data from reputable sources
morell
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue May 15, 2018 6:08 pm

morell wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
morell wrote:

You’re a bit slow today.
I was saying you make up all your stats ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby morell » Wed May 16, 2018 9:10 am

amber_fluid wrote:
morell wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
morell wrote:Pulling these numbers from my jacksy:

You’re a bit slow today.
I was saying you make up all your stats ;)
100% incorrect
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed May 16, 2018 9:13 am

morell wrote:100% incorrect

Source? 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Wed May 16, 2018 9:31 am

Wedgie wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Sitting in HK at the moment about to board on the way to Beijing. Still buzzing from Saturday night, hopefully we back it up this week. Can't be bothered reviewing Sat night, just an unbelievable ending!

How is Hell's Kitchen?
Bwahahahaha :lol:

AIrport is nuts, just flying over the city amazed me. Couldn't believe how many skyscrapers were there
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Wed May 16, 2018 9:34 am

Jim05 wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Sitting in HK at the moment about to board on the way to Beijing. Still buzzing from Saturday night, hopefully we back it up this week. Can't be bothered reviewing Sat night, just an unbelievable ending!

Training drill will be harder than what you will face in Beijing. Will be 100+ win for you guys. Get into the Pier lounge at HK if you can, close to the best airport lounge there is

Didn't get a chance to unfortunately, only had an 1.5 hr layover so didn't leave much time by the time we went through everything and got some food. Did look nice from the outside though. Beijing Airport would be the size of Adelaide. Absolutely massive. Get the train to Shanghai tomorrow, haven't minded Beijing. Walked about 15km through the city yesterday and enjoyed seeing the culture
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 am

morell wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
morell wrote:If you think human beings don't have an innate understanding and sense of place, then you don't understand human beings.

I think you need to read my post again.

Was more in response to the other bloke.

Apologies.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Jim05 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:04 am

bertiebeatle wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Training drill will be harder than what you will face in Beijing. Will be 100+ win for you guys. Get into the Pier lounge at HK if you can, close to the best airport lounge there is

Didn't get a chance to unfortunately, only had an 1.5 hr layover so didn't leave much time by the time we went through everything and got some food. Did look nice from the outside though. Beijing Airport would be the size of Adelaide. Absolutely massive. Get the train to Shanghai tomorrow, haven't minded Beijing. Walked about 15km through the city yesterday and enjoyed seeing the culture

Yep, Beijing is a brilliant city and it’s relatively easy to walk around. They serve beers on the train but they usually are just better than room temperature. If you are polite enough they will often put some in the freezer for you. Shanghai is also a brilliant city, you will have a ball
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby morell » Wed May 16, 2018 11:28 am

Booney wrote:
morell wrote:100% incorrect

Source? 8)

My jacksy

So it's irrefutable
morell
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed May 16, 2018 12:18 pm

morell wrote:I literally made them up.

I'm just glad you can admit you're not a reputable source.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Fri May 18, 2018 3:53 pm

Link to one of the announcements to come out later today.

http://www.afr.com/news/policy/foreign- ... 517-h1068q
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby Booney » Fri May 18, 2018 4:34 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:Link to one of the announcements to come out later today.

http://www.afr.com/news/policy/foreign- ... 517-h1068q

The Port Adelaide Football Club hopes to score goals where many other Australian companies have failed.

The Adelaide-based club has teamed up with Chinese property tycoon and its major sponsor Gui Guojie to launch a new e-commerce business for Australian companies hoping to break into China.

Port Adelaide, which says it is the first Australian sporting body to set up a registered company in China, will announce a joint venture e-commerce deal with Mr Gui's Shanghai CRED on Friday. The platform named CRED e-SHOP is a platform designed to give small and medium sized Australian exporters access to China.

While Port Adelaide is not the first Australian organisation looking to profit from China's booming consumer market, a sporting body seeking to tap into Australia's booming consumer market is less common.

"Australia is globally renowned for the quality of its food, wine, sport, education, innovation and many other specialties," Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas told The Australian Financial Review at an event promoting Saturday's AFL match between Port Adelaide and the Gold Coast Suns in Shanghai.

Advertisement

"We know that increasing exports out of Australia is a high priority for the Australian Government. We also understand that China continues to be a market that is hungry for these types of exports.

Port Adelaide, which turned to China for sponsorship dollars three years after struggling to compete with their high-profile Victorian rivals, will get a percentage of any transactions on the new platform - effectively acting as a middle man for any deals. It also has plans to develop other new sporting businesses in China.

The platform will target small and medium sized Australian businesses seeking to access the China market, rather than large exporters which already have their own networks. Shanghai CRED is a major Chinese property developer, which does not traditionally work with retail exporters but has a large network of investors.

Mr Gui runs Shanghai CRED (China Real Estate Development) and is Gina Rinehart's partner in the Kidman cattle property deal. He has been a key backer of this Saturday's AFL match in Shanghai, which is being held for the second year in a row.

The match at Shanghai's Jingwan stadium is being hailed as a diplomatic breakthrough after Trade and Tourism Minister Steve Ciobo became the first Australian minister to visit the country this year to attend in the event. There are suggestions his visit signals a thaw in a diplomatic deep freeze that saw China refusing visas for some ministerial visits.

The hawkish state-owned Global Times newspaper said on Thursday Mr Ciobo's visit was unlikely to be a turning point in repairing bilateral ties unless Canberra abandoned a "hostile policy" towards China.

However, Mr Ciobo and the AFL are optimistic about the prospect of the match fostering cultural ties between Australia and China. Mr Ciobo said the strong interest in AFL in China reaffirmed the two countries' strong cultural links.

The AFL says the game will be the most-watched in history following a new television broadcasting deal in China. More than 4000 Australians have travelled to China for the sell-out game, which 50 per cent of the tickets sold to Chinese nationals.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 21, 2018 10:22 am

Expect the bye week to be a good time to announce a new deal for Wines.

Victorian clubs have all but given up throwing numbers at his management.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 21, 2018 10:34 am

Booney wrote:Expect the bye week to be a good time to announce a new deal for Wines.

Does it concern you that he's only being linked to a 2yr deal, which means it'll expire when he becomes eligible for free agency?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 21, 2018 10:42 am

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:Expect the bye week to be a good time to announce a new deal for Wines.

Does it concern you that he's only being linked to a 2yr deal, which means it'll expire when he becomes eligible for free agency?

All players would do this, would be silly if they didn't
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby stan » Mon May 21, 2018 10:54 am

bennymacca wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

All players would do this, would be silly if they didn't
Yep. Its the new world to maximize his next deal.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL