Round 8 - Mum’s the word...

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 8 - Mum’s the word...

Postby bennymacca » Wed May 16, 2018 11:12 am

Dutchy wrote:Anyone seen Benny?

When one of the site admins (not you) attempts to tell me the crows losing was karma for me calling him out on being a complete dickhead it’s time for me to take a break for a while.

But while I’m here - I don’t blame the crows players, Motlop was just too good.

Everything had to go right - Douglas had to get a small hand on it. Then take out McGovern. Then Motlop might have been the only player on the ground (maybe Betts) that could have dodged those players the way he did.

Excellent game. Was lost in the third quarter when we couldn’t get a single decent run of play or stop ports. I’m proud of the boys though because we had absolutely no right to win that game and we almost pinched it
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 16, 2018 11:18 am

Dutchy wrote:Just have a look where he should have ran compared to where he actually ran...terrible...he gave Motlop the time and space to allow him to make whatever decision he wanted.

Cheers Kingy! BTW, I loved your soccered goal from inside the centre square against the Lions all them years ago. ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 16, 2018 11:56 am

bennymacca wrote:

When one of the site admins (not you) attempts to tell me the crows losing was karma for me calling him out on being a complete dickhead it’s time for me to take a break for a while.

Actually you called me a grumpy old for for writing some satirical comedy which went flying over your head despite it already been made obvious prior to your comment. Can't believe a karma bus comment cut you up so bad, someone's a bit sensitive after Saturday night! Its lucky I didn't call you a sook or a complete dickhead for writing a piece of comedy, you'd be curled up in the fetal position sucking your thumb whimpering away! :lol:

Thank you Port and thank you Motlop, I love you! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Corona Man » Wed May 16, 2018 11:58 am

Can’t we just all get along :lol:
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3459 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Corona Man wrote:Can’t we just all get along :lol:

What have I missed?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Corona Man wrote:Can’t we just all get along :lol:

I know, right! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Brodlach » Wed May 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Booney wrote:Went and watched the last 40 seconds a few more times there, thanks Dutchy!

@MW
@Brodlach
@bennymacca

Thanks Booney :finga:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby morell » Wed May 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Actually you called me a grumpy old for for writing some satirical comedy which went flying over your head despite it already been made obvious prior to your comment. Can't believe a karma bus comment cut you up so bad, someone's a bit sensitive after Saturday night! Its lucky I didn't call you a sook or a complete dickhead for writing a piece of comedy, you'd be curled up in the fetal position sucking your thumb whimpering away! :lol:

Funny how many things you claim go over peoples head. I reckon it's your go to every time someone calls you out.

Truth be told, I think the majority of the time it's you that misses the point.

I don't subscribe to the theory that site admins or mods should be held to a higher standard, but the trash you adopt with some of your posts and PMs fall below just simple human levels of decency.

I don't mind really, but you'd have to know that it would be driving some of your more high level contributors (the lifeblood of a site like this) away to other mediums.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 16, 2018 12:17 pm

bennymacca wrote:

But while I’m here - I don’t blame the crows players, Motlop was just too good.

Everything had to go right - Douglas had to get a small hand on it. Then take out McGovern. Then Motlop might have been the only player on the ground (maybe Betts) that could have dodged those players the way he did.

Excellent game. Was lost in the third quarter when we couldn’t get a single decent run of play or stop ports. I’m proud of the boys though because we had absolutely no right to win that game and we almost pinched it

C’mon Benny, life’s too short to worry about minor things like that.
Plus HH3 would miss you and your posts way too much!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 16, 2018 12:21 pm

morell wrote:

I make a point and I'm the one that misses my point despite going to even further detail about the motivation behind my point while people with an axe to grind defame me incorrectly or maliciously?

Have you been smoking your stats again? :lol:

I've already apologised for assuming people would "get it" when they clearly didn't and have vowed to amend my sense of humour on here to make it easier for some to understand. That's because I'm a good guy! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 16, 2018 12:22 pm

morell wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Funny how many things you claim go over peoples head. I reckon it's your go to every time someone calls you out.

I don't subscribe to the theory that site admins or mods should be held to a higher standard, but the trash you adopt with some of your posts and PMs fall below just simple human levels of decency.

I don't mind really, but you'd have to know that it would be driving some of your more high level contributors (the lifeblood of a site like this) away to other mediums.

I'm just your average shit kicker that will take as good as I give.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby morell » Wed May 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
morell wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

I'm just your average shit kicker that will take as good as I give.
And you do it to perfection.

It's a tough job, I've done it too, the majority of mods and admins on here are awesome.
morell
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 16, 2018 12:30 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Both Curnows got off.
That was predictable.

Only because we all thought that the tribunal was due to be inconsistent again.

Strange.

Fwiw I think "contact with an umpire" has degrees as the tribunal has identifed but I now have a problem explaining to my 9 yo soon that some contact with an umpire is ok and some isn't. In ruling these incidents as fines once again the AFL send a mixed message to all and sundry.

Just explain to your lad to never blue and white hoops and he will be fine.
I know that won't be a problem your kids would ever encounter with you as a Dad though! ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Trader » Wed May 16, 2018 12:33 pm

morell wrote:
Wedgie wrote:...writing some satirical comedy .....writing a piece of comedy

Ah bugger, I'm bloody agreeing with Morell again!

I didn't comment in the other thread but I did find it funny that after everyone called Wedgie out on that rubbish they posted Wedgie goes and claims it was attempted comedy.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 16, 2018 12:34 pm

morell wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm just your average shit kicker that will take as good as I give.

It's a tough job, I've done it too, the majority of mods and admins on here are awesome.

Na mate, it's not tough to just be a human being, treat others how you'd like to be treated, don't write what you wouldn't say to ones face.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 16, 2018 12:40 pm

Trader wrote:
morell wrote:
Wedgie wrote:...writing some satirical comedy .....writing a piece of comedy

Ah bugger, I'm bloody agreeing with Morell again!

I didn't comment in the other thread but I did find it funny that after everyone called Wedgie out on that rubbish they posted Wedgie goes and claims it was attempted comedy.

It was mate, I was at the Hope Inn at the time after a few hours of bevvies and having to wait for a few beers sitting in a pig sty and just had a seinfeld moment.

I really do apologise for anyone that didn't take it the way it was intended. Seemed a complete over reaction by some when the context of the post especially when the reaction is still happening days after it was explained but lesson learnt it won't happen again.
I really did look at this as a place to have a bit of fun and not take life too seriously but I was wrong, I think the site has passed me by in that regard so I will amend my comedy as stated a few days ago. Play on! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 16, 2018 12:44 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
morell wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm just your average shit kicker that will take as good as I give.

Na mate, it's not tough to just be a human being, treat others how you'd like to be treated, don't write what you wouldn't say to ones face.

Geezus, don't ever go to a front bar again then, that's exactly how I used to treat this place, I'd treat men in here like I'd treat men face to face in a front bar, a bit of ahit stirrng, banter and fun.
Not now, I'm on a good behaviour bond and will treat the place like a shelter for over emotional women who can't take the piss out of others or themselves. It really has been an eye opener but lesson learnt! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby morell » Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Is that supposed to be comedy again?

Or is just another rant reeking of misogyny?

And I'm not looking for a flash mob to lynch you. You can start an incel forum and say what you want for all I care. Just pointing out the potential impact it may or may not have on safooty.net.
morell
Coach

Postby cracka » Wed May 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Wedgie wrote:
morell wrote:

I make a point and I'm the one that misses my point despite going to even further detail about the motivation behind my point while people with an axe to grind defame me incorrectly or maliciously?

I've already apologised for assuming people would "get it" when they clearly didn't and have vowed to amend my sense of humour on here to make it easier for some to understand. That's because I'm a good guy! :D

Maybe if you had put the initial post in the things that make you laugh thread people would have understood you were joking
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 16, 2018 1:01 pm

cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
morell wrote:

Maybe if you had put the initial post in the things that make you laugh thread people would have understood you were joking

Yeah I know that now, that's why I apologised and clarrified my intention, I thought it was an obvious piss take. Lesson learnt! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL