Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Divers » Thu May 03, 2018 5:33 pm

Porties too good last week, something is wrong at the Shoes from my sources. Massive test this week, cant wait to see how the lads go.
Christies not in the good books for refusing to match numbers with a short handed OSBL in a junior game last Sun, fielded a full 18 v 17!!!!!!!!
Divers

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Thu May 03, 2018 7:01 pm

Divers wrote:Porties too good last week, something is wrong at the Shoes from my sources. Massive test this week, cant wait to see how the lads go.
Christies not in the good books for refusing to match numbers with a short handed OSBL in a junior game last Sun, fielded a full 18 v 17!!!!!!!!

Why does Junior sports bring out the best in people? In one U/14 season, I saw a coach of a brown and gold team instruct their players to "take out" the opposition and a boundary umpire from a black and white team get game sent off for sledging the opposition kids.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu May 03, 2018 9:02 pm

Divers wrote:Porties too good last week, something is wrong at the Shoes from my sources. Massive test this week, cant wait to see how the lads go.
Rubbish, numbers were matched on field. Even when a OSBL player went down, numbers were quickly matched.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Courtney Fish » Thu May 03, 2018 9:59 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Rubbish, numbers were matched on field. Even when a OSBL player went down, numbers were quickly matched.

We only had 14 due to school holidays and other reasons so don't know where you get your mail from. Christies were entitled to play with the minimum 14 when we had players off from my understanding not that I'm up with the rules. We had no issues with them playing a couple extra at times it was our problem we were short. It was a good game and the kids enjoyed it.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby MatteeG » Mon May 07, 2018 2:34 pm

Bad injury in the under 15s down at Porties this week Dutchy?
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 07, 2018 4:48 pm

MatteeG wrote:Bad injury in the under 15s down at Porties this week Dutchy?

yeah wasn't great, ambulance called during 2nd quarter, innocent head clash with Porties lad coming off the worst with multiple cheekbone fractures and severe concussion. Wish the lad a speedy recovery.

More drama at home yesterday with an elderly bloke falling over on the edge of the oval just before the Sunday 15s started, resulted in a hour delay and the game reduced to 20 min halves.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Front & Centre » Tue May 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Good to see couple of former A graders make their return via the B grade over last 2 weeks.
With the likes of Eagleton, Sukkel, Nicholson and Sugg coming back and the injury list stops growing should see us climbing the ladder soon
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby King » Sat May 12, 2018 8:43 pm

Solid win by Flaggies, albeit made harder by a great game from Cove's Galley. A big dude who did everything he could (including kicking six) to get the Cobras up. Unfortunately the Cobras have a complete arsehole who tried other means. A bit of push and shove; nothing in it, until he launched the classic "Liverpool Kiss". Yes, it this day and age, the guy actually head butted an opponent and laid him out. Right in front of the umpire, who must be blind if he reckons he didn't see it ......... everyone else (including me) did! I hope Cove have the courage to say to the guy (who we can identify if need be) that's not acceptable and punish him accordingly.
King
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Demon fan » Sun May 13, 2018 10:25 pm

King wrote:Solid win by Flaggies, albeit made harder by a great game from Cove's Galley. A big dude who did everything he could (including kicking six) to get the Cobras up. Unfortunately the Cobras have a complete arsehole who tried other means. A bit of push and shove; nothing in it, until he launched the classic "Liverpool Kiss". Yes, it this day and age, the guy actually head butted an opponent and laid him out. Right in front of the umpire, who must be blind if he reckons he didn't see it ......... everyone else (including me) did! I hope Cove have the courage to say to the guy (who we can identify if need be) that's not acceptable and punish him accordingly.

Put in a complaint to the SFL, I'm all for hard footy but shit like that doesn't have a place in the game.
Demon fan
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Southern Football League

Postby One-percenters » Mon May 14, 2018 1:33 pm

King wrote:Solid win by Flaggies, albeit made harder by a great game from Cove's Galley. A big dude who did everything he could (including kicking six) to get the Cobras up. Unfortunately the Cobras have a complete arsehole who tried other means. A bit of push and shove; nothing in it, until he launched the classic "Liverpool Kiss". Yes, it this day and age, the guy actually head butted an opponent and laid him out. Right in front of the umpire, who must be blind if he reckons he didn't see it ......... everyone else (including me) did! I hope Cove have the courage to say to the guy (who we can identify if need be) that's not acceptable and punish him accordingly.

What’s the current injury status of the flaggies player
One-percenters
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby King » Tue May 15, 2018 10:01 am

He is OK and Flaggies have the bye this week.
King
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times

Postby scottroo » Wed May 16, 2018 9:44 am

Tyler Harman to Kenilworth.

Not sure if he was playing for Aldinga this season but I never thought id see him leave there for another adelaide club
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:15 am

Hasn't played I don't think, big pick up for Kenilworth and a big drop in grade for Harman.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby vics01 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:58 am

KING
He is OK and Flaggies have the bye this week.

Lucky you have the week off it will give his foot time to heal.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby scottroo » Wed May 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:Hasn't played I don't think, big pick up for Kenilworth and a big drop in grade for Harman.

Is it really a big drop in standard?

When was the last time a player from sfl came
And dominated div 5 or higher adelaide footy league?

We had a guy last year ended up playing twos and won the Anzac medal in the sfl this year.

I dare say half of the sfl teams would be no more then solid div 5 teams
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby jet-airport » Wed May 16, 2018 2:54 pm

scottroo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Hasn't played I don't think, big pick up for Kenilworth and a big drop in grade for Harman.

We had a guy last year ended up playing twos and won the Anzac medal in the sfl this year.

Ohh dear Scottyroo, you've poked the SFL bear :D
I smell a LGIL post.....
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 16, 2018 4:23 pm

jet-airport wrote:
scottroo wrote:

Ohh dear Scottyroo, you've poked the SFL bear :D
I smell a LGIL post.....

You rang?

To be fair, there are some good players in Division 5, the talent just drops off quicker than the in higher divisions, and the mid to top SFL clubs.

As for how our clubs rate, Morphettville Park and Edwardstown have clearly demonstrated that our mid-range clubs are better than "solid div 5 teams".

Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Down the Hill » Wed May 16, 2018 4:42 pm

scottroo wrote:

Hey Scottroo, there were around 20 players who came from the SFL last year who were fairly dominant in Division 3 not to mention a similar number who did a pretty decent job in Division 4. As LGIL said, the true strength of an A grade team is more often players 15 to 21 not players 1 to 6.

And with Harman I think it was more a reference to his own grade or standard. The bloke played State Country just 2 or 3 years ago.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:30 pm

Harman was also instrumental in the SFL's association win over the GSFL last year, about as high a standard game you will see outside Div 1 footy.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:33 pm

scottroo wrote:

Who was that?
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL