Round 8 - Mum’s the word...

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 8 - Mum’s the word...

Postby Bum Crack » Wed May 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Trader wrote:
morell wrote:
Wedgie wrote:...writing some satirical comedy .....writing a piece of comedy

Funny how many things you claim go over peoples head. I reckon it's your go to every time someone calls you out.

Truth be told, I think the majority of the time it's you that misses the point.

I don't subscribe to the theory that site admins or mods should be held to a higher standard, but the trash you adopt with some of your posts and PMs fall below just simple human levels of decency.

I don't mind really, but you'd have to know that it would be driving some of your more high level contributors (the lifeblood of a site like this) away to other mediums.

Ah bugger, I'm bloody agreeing with Morell again!

I didn't comment in the other thread but I did find it funny that after everyone called Wedgie out on that rubbish they posted Wedgie goes and claims it was attempted comedy.

That's his default excuse every time. It's actually cringeworthy.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 16, 2018 1:05 pm

morell wrote:Is that supposed to be comedy again?

Or is just another rant reeking of misogyny?

And I'm not looking for a flash mob to lynch you. You can start an incel forum and say what you want for all I care. Just pointing out the potential impact it may or may not have on safooty.net.

Nah, it was just honesty mate.
And there's no way I'd start another forum, starting SAFooty and The Roost is enough for me, can't stand any IT work involved with the internet these days, got way burnt out of the IT business and enjoy just loving life at the moment! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Trader wrote:
morell wrote:
Wedgie wrote:...writing some satirical comedy .....writing a piece of comedy

Funny how many things you claim go over peoples head. I reckon it's your go to every time someone calls you out.

I don't subscribe to the theory that site admins or mods should be held to a higher standard, but the trash you adopt with some of your posts and PMs fall below just simple human levels of decency.

I don't mind really, but you'd have to know that it would be driving some of your more high level contributors (the lifeblood of a site like this) away to other mediums.

Ah bugger, I'm bloody agreeing with Morell again!

I didn't comment in the other thread but I did find it funny that after everyone called Wedgie out on that rubbish they posted Wedgie goes and claims it was attempted comedy.

That's his default excuse every time. It's actually cringeworthy.

I like comedy, I don't take too much in life seriously, especially not visits to the pub or sports these days.
Its much better than being a grumpy kitten you scallywag you. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby cracka » Wed May 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Wedgie wrote:
cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
morell wrote:

I make a point and I'm the one that misses my point despite going to even further detail about the motivation behind my point while people with an axe to grind defame me incorrectly or maliciously?

Have you been smoking your stats again? :lol:

I've already apologised for assuming people would "get it" when they clearly didn't and have vowed to amend my sense of humour on here to make it easier for some to understand. That's because I'm a good guy! :D

Maybe if you had put the initial post in the things that make you laugh thread people would have understood you were joking

Yeah I know that now, that's why I apologised and clarrified my intention, I thought it was an obvious piss take. Lesson learnt! :D

FWIW I thought it was quite a reasonable rant no matter what side of the bar you were on
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 16, 2018 1:22 pm

cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
I make a point and I'm the one that misses my point despite going to even further detail about the motivation behind my point while people with an axe to grind defame me incorrectly or maliciously?

Have you been smoking your stats again? :lol:

I've already apologised for assuming people would "get it" when they clearly didn't and have vowed to amend my sense of humour on here to make it easier for some to understand. That's because I'm a good guy! :D

Maybe if you had put the initial post in the things that make you laugh thread people would have understood you were joking

Yeah I know that now, that's why I apologised and clarrified my intention, I thought it was an obvious piss take. Lesson learnt! :D

FWIW I thought it was quite a reasonable rant no matter what side of the bar you were on

Don't encourage me! ;)
Definately wasn't for my workplace, hardly work in the front bar and most shifts are so quiet with not much else to do that I'd love customers to come in, make me busier and mess the place up a bit as there's not much else to do besides clean and serve there as opposed to where I work normally in gaming/dining where there's always things to do. I do love chatting to the locals in the front bar though which can kill time nicely especially when theres a couple of ex SANFL players in there or an Australian bowler.
Thursday and Friday nights are busy there mind you (especialy with $4 pints on Fridays) but I'm next door more often than not looking after gaming usually till 2 in the morning.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 16, 2018 1:40 pm

The AFL is appealling bott Curnow's decisions.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby morell » Wed May 16, 2018 1:47 pm

Wedgie wrote:
morell wrote:Is that supposed to be comedy again?

Or is just another rant reeking of misogyny?

And I'm not looking for a flash mob to lynch you. You can start an incel forum and say what you want for all I care. Just pointing out the potential impact it may or may not have on safooty.net.

Nah, it was just honesty mate.
And there's no way I'd start another forum, starting SAFooty and The Roost is enough for me, can't stand any IT work involved with the internet these days, got way burnt out of the IT business and enjoy just loving life at the moment! :D
Well if it was honesty...

You need to check the giant blind spot you have in regards to gender stereotypes.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Spargo » Wed May 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Phil Davis ruled out for GWS this week.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby whufc » Wed May 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
morell wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm just your average shit kicker that will take as good as I give.
And you do it to perfection.

It's a tough job, I've done it too, the majority of mods and admins on here are awesome.

Na mate, it's not tough to just be a human being, treat others how you'd like to be treated, don't write what you wouldn't say to ones face.

Geezus, don't ever go to a front bar again then, that's exactly how I used to treat this place, I'd treat men in here like I'd treat men face to face in a front bar, a bit of ahit stirrng, banter and fun.
Not now, I'm on a good behaviour bond and will treat the place like a shelter for over emotional women who can't take the piss out of others or themselves. It really has been an eye opener but lesson learnt! :D

Wedgie and Myself have far from seen eye to eye on every subject but I most certainly subscribe to the 'front bar' treatment.

Maybe it's just because of how long I've been a member on here (since the first few weeks) but I've always been of the belief this was in the style of the old 'Pub Front Bar Talk' give a little, take a little, but take nothing to serious.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gadj1976 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Wedgie wrote:The AFL is appealling bott Curnow's decisions.

BOO!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:13 pm

Spargo wrote:Phil Davis ruled out for GWS this week.

You guys are money for jam
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Corona Man » Wed May 16, 2018 2:14 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:The AFL is appealling bott Curnow's decisions.

BOO!

Did Gill get a please explain email from Corio Bay?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby morell » Wed May 16, 2018 2:34 pm

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
morell wrote:And you do it to perfection.

It's a tough job, I've done it too, the majority of mods and admins on here are awesome.

Na mate, it's not tough to just be a human being, treat others how you'd like to be treated, don't write what you wouldn't say to ones face.

Geezus, don't ever go to a front bar again then, that's exactly how I used to treat this place, I'd treat men in here like I'd treat men face to face in a front bar, a bit of ahit stirrng, banter and fun.
Not now, I'm on a good behaviour bond and will treat the place like a shelter for over emotional women who can't take the piss out of others or themselves. It really has been an eye opener but lesson learnt! :D

Wedgie and Myself have far from seen eye to eye on every subject but I most certainly subscribe to the 'front bar' treatment.

Maybe it's just because of how long I've been a member on here (since the first few weeks) but I've always been of the belief this was in the style of the old 'Pub Front Bar Talk' give a little, take a little, but take nothing to serious.
I'd be saying the same thing if it was a front bar, footy changerooms, strip club, lounge room ... whatever.

Some things are socially acceptable, others aren't.

As an aside, people used to use the same excuses for racism, too.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby whufc » Wed May 16, 2018 2:40 pm

Racism has never been part of my front bar talk.

By front bar I mean that I discuss topic subjects in here that I what not ordinarily discuss at home with the misses and kids.
Last edited by whufc on Wed May 16, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 16, 2018 2:41 pm

whufc wrote:

Thanks for clarifying but really, none f***'s are given on this side of the ledger, there's no emoji's in the real world.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Wedgie wrote:Geezus, don't ever go to a front bar again then, that's exactly how I used to treat this place, I'd treat men in here like I'd treat men face to face in a front bar, a bit of ahit stirrng, banter and fun.

If I was sitting in a front bar, didn't know you from a bar of soap and you said something to me you thought was a bit of banter and fun, i'd prob punch you straight in the face. ;) :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Can someone start a new topic for all the sensitive souls on here to post in :lol:
Lighten up people.

You’re alive!!!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 16, 2018 3:09 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Can someone start a new topic for all the sensitive souls on here to post in :lol:
Lighten up people.

You’re alive!!!

F*** off idiot :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 16, 2018 3:43 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Can someone start a new topic for all the sensitive souls on here to post in :lol:
Lighten up people.

You’re alive!!!

F*** off idiot :lol:

Ahh that’s better! ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:10 pm

Oh my....ive just caught up on all this. I took the rant for what it was....and im a very sensitive soul
bwahaha
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL