5%
Smithfield
7%

Total votes : 85

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby Number4 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:03 pm

hfoxe16 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
truk teppitt wrote:Far North Football League Kenilworth Harman, Tyler Pending 2018-05-15

How the hell are they gonna fit him in their points?

Kookas firming in premiership betting markets.

league will probably make him zero points aswell

Could have a strong B grade having to juggle all these points
Number4
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Number4 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:05 pm

The Bedge wrote:Not that I want to continue this umpire discussion.. but just as an update I can confirm he umpire in question has history, and has officially been stood down from the AdFL ranks.

Umpires name?
Number4
Mini-League

Postby Inallseriousness » Wed May 16, 2018 5:27 pm

Number4 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Not that I want to continue this umpire discussion.. but just as an update I can confirm he umpire in question has history, and has officially been stood down from the AdFL ranks.

Umpires name?

Surely no need for a name? The matter is finalised.
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Number4 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:46 pm

Inallseriousness wrote:
Number4 wrote:

Umpires name?

Why not? If it was a player being suspended we would name straight away also I am interested to know as when Kenilworth played Hope Valley we had some very strange decisions aswell as a red card which got thrown out with no hearing just wanted to know if it was the same bloke.
Number4
Mini-League

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Wed May 16, 2018 8:01 pm

Dolphin Treasure wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:
jo172 wrote:What?

How/why do yellow cards get withdrawn?

Common sense, that’s how. Maybe the question you should be asking is “why were they given in the first place?”. They didn’t make sense and they were disputed. The other ‘senior’ umpire filed a report about them and common sense has prevailed.

The pleasing thing about this whole mess was the League got on the front foot with it directly with both umpires and then called me on a Sunday to advise me they were going to be withdrawn. All I had done at that stage was sent a text to Colin asking for a meeting on Tuesday. No meeting needed and the matter is now closed. Well handled by Colin on an issue that should not have even existed.

Interestingly we had a similar thing happen to us. A few weeks ago against Pultney Schar was given a red card. The card was thrown out believe it or not. Not reduced to a yellow but thrown out. Colin even then was on the front foot & the matter sorted that week, no tribunal, no case to answer. The umpire that gave the card probably felt a bit of ‘embarsement’ after the other umpire & Colin had a chat about what happened.

No idea if it was the same umpire for us.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby S Demon » Thu May 17, 2018 10:59 am

Number4 wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:
Number4 wrote:

Umpires name?

Why not? If it was a player being suspended we would name straight away also I am interested to know as when Kenilworth played Hope Valley we had some very strange decisions aswell as a red card which got thrown out with no hearing just wanted to know if it was the same bloke.
Different umpire from the Ken v HV game
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 18, 2018 10:54 am

INGLE FARM v HECTORVILLE - The Kym Keogh Cup
An air of excitement has surrounded this contest in the clash of the canine breeds in what is expected to be a hotly contested match up in battle of the wooden spoon match up.

When it comes to on field success in 2018, for two of the new sides to division 5 this year (Heccies from D4, Ingle Farm from D6), opportunities have been, and will continue to be few and far between. Ingle Farm remain winless at the foot of the table, while the Hounds' solitary win in Round 1 remains their only highlight.

The stakes are massive tomorrow - the winner keeps their hopes alive of avoiding relegation, the loser practically resigned to Division 6 in 2019. Add in the 150 game milestone for Farmers A grade captain Ben Smart, as well as competing for the coveted (and non existent) Kym Keogh Cup, and add in a thirst to rebound from last weeks disappointing performances, energy and emotion is bound to be sky high come 2pm tomorrow.

Kym Keogh - games record holder at Hectorville (I believe), long standing history within the club, and where his sons have played football and cricket. His boys have had a big part in Ingle Farm over the journey - premiership players, best and fairest winners.

Donaldson vs Serafin in the ruck will be a pivotal clash, as will be the match up of Bressington and Wheaton - who ever can gain ascendancy here will propel their side into a commanding position.

Deng Bolo will have his work cut out on him with Brad Sanderson, but prove an equally difficult opponent for the Ingle Farm centre half forward, as he attempts to curb his athleticism and run.

Both sides missing key soldiers from their best 21, now it's up to the young pups (pun intended) to step up, put their club on their shoulders and carry them to victory.

Get excited, this is effectively each clubs grand final tomorrow, and will be approached accordingly.

keogh cup.jpg
keogh cup.jpg (20.57 KiB) Viewed 5272 times
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby The Bedge » Sat May 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Absolute scenes.. Farmers A & B grade victorious.. Massive night on the cards here.. isotopes win!!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby DOC » Sat May 19, 2018 6:05 pm

The Bedge wrote:Absolute scenes.. Farmers A & B grade victorious.. Massive night on the cards here.. isotopes win!!

And the wedding. Perfect storm, Enjoy.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun May 20, 2018 12:37 am

So emotional.. tears of joy i swear!!
6BC5E2F4-9D44-406D-AC36-8FA7F6C24ACC.png
6BC5E2F4-9D44-406D-AC36-8FA7F6C24ACC.png (10.05 KiB) Viewed 4759 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 20, 2018 1:00 am

Yeah mate we’re all happy for Harry and Megan too...
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 20, 2018 11:59 am

Some interesting results yesterday;

Langfordless Pultney knocked off by BOS.

Well done to Farmers, in fairness when you look at their results so far this year they are in a true scrap now to avoid dropping down.

Wish we kicked a little straighter yesterday. Also in fairness I thought Woody Sth defended really well.

CBC on a ground with skinny wings like theirs did what I thought they would. Very good side.

Lockleys impressive.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby wassprinttospace » Sun May 20, 2018 2:12 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Some interesting results yesterday;

Well done to Farmers, in fairness when you look at their results so far this year they are in a true scrap now to avoid dropping down.

Wish we kicked a little straighter yesterday. Also in fairness I thought Woody Sth defended really well.

CBC on a ground with skinny wings like theirs did what I thought they would. Very good side.

Lockleys impressive.

Dropped by and saw BOS v POS after watching my lad play school footy and what I saw was a team that worked harder for each other all day and were willing to put their head over the ball and the opposition under alot of pressure. Evidently not what they produced against CBC last week but with 7 changes from last weeks team hard work and discipline came out on top.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 20, 2018 3:14 pm

Yes there are some seriously good sides running around div 5 this year based on the standard that you would traditionally expect. Probably 5-6 sides who based on previous years you would think would be certainties for top 3. CBCOC for me are the team to beat and I reckon they would lay claims to being as good if not better than Glenunga last year. (Not counting out Lockleys compared to CBC but haven’t seen them yet)
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Wilbur » Sun May 20, 2018 5:20 pm

Lockleys impressive.

Very impressive win by the Dees considering they had at least half their side out due to injuries and weekends away with their partners (surely could have planned them better or perhaps they didn't want to travel out to Smithfield). Or perhaps the result says more about how Smithfield are travelling.
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby zedman » Mon May 21, 2018 9:54 am

Wilbur wrote:

Lockleys impressive.

Very impressive win by the Dees considering they had at least half their side out due to injuries and weekends away with their partners (surely could have planned them better or perhaps they didn't want to travel out to Smithfield). Or perhaps the result says more about how Smithfield are travelling.

bit of a perfect storm last weekend with unavailables..got another 3-4 hurt from saturday which was hard fought after quarter time..

thanks to josh and his boys for the game..they kept having a dip all day..

well done to paul and bedge..i knew they wouldnt go through the year win less..rowe park would have been rocking..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Bluedemon » Tue May 22, 2018 11:34 am

How come CBCOC moved their game from the City to Marion Oval?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby S Demon » Tue May 22, 2018 11:59 am

Bluedemon wrote:How come CBCOC moved their game from the City to Marion Oval?

I heard on Saturday that the school has booted them from the oval for the rest of the year. Not sure if that's true or not..?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Executive Member » Tue May 22, 2018 12:01 pm

S Demon wrote:

I heard on Saturday that the school has booted them from the oval for the rest of the year. Not sure if that's true or not..?

does that mean when they play Kenilworth they will play at Trinity 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Chappy » Tue May 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Executive Member wrote:
S Demon wrote:

does that mean when they play Kenilworth they will play at Trinity 8)

Glad Kenilworth have Already played them "away" the Thebby oval, maybe not glad as i can not remember a game with injuries like that. Let's forget rd 1 happened.
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League