Schweppes C Grade 2018

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Schweppes C Grade 2018

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 21, 2018 2:11 pm

I have a feeling this was a C grade game involving Uni, either vs Morphies or Lizbeff.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby S Demon » Mon May 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I have a feeling this was a C grade game involving Uni, either vs Morphies or Lizbeff.

Uni v Morphies
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Executive Member » Mon May 21, 2018 2:14 pm

S Demon wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I have a feeling this was a C grade game involving Uni, either vs Morphies or Lizbeff.

Uni v Morphies

This has all the qualities of a Bob Neil conspiracy ;)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby K.Durant » Mon May 21, 2018 5:17 pm

Wasn't Uni vs Morphies, we were informed by them on Thursday

We however are pretty flat that Morphies forfeited and we were only allocated a 10 goal win,

Morphies are last and lost the Portland (2nd from bottom) by 3 goals, having beaten Portland by 28 goals in round 1, Math's and Science students will tell you that a 31 goal win does much more for your percentage than a 10 goal win in a division that I expect to be quite evenly placed by the end of the year.
K.Durant
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon May 21, 2018 5:21 pm

Very interesting chain of events saturday it seems.

We got a phone call from a trainer for Unis C6 side following up that we were indeed forfeiting our game as someone had sent a dodgily worded text message to their football director from someone pretending to be me, advising we were forfeiting our C6 game due to lack of numbers! This text wasnt followed up by the club and posted on the internal facebook chat they have.

I was made aware at about 1130am and got straight on the phone to clarify that we had 25 blokes on their way to Uni for the 2:15 game. Luckily they were able to pull their side back together and we ended up beaten fair and square thanks to Malinauskas' dominant display at full forward.

Thanks to the Uni trainer who called us and made us aware of this, she saved what would've been a very awkward situation for both clubs.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 21, 2018 5:24 pm

K.Durant wrote:Wasn't Uni vs Morphies, we were informed by them on Thursday

We however are pretty flat that Morphies forfeited and we were only allocated a 10 goal win,

Morphies are last and lost the Portland (2nd from bottom) by 3 goals, having beaten Portland by 28 goals in round 1, Math's and Science students will tell you that a 31 goal win does much more for your percentage than a 10 goal win in a division that I expect to be quite evenly placed by the end of the year.

Math students may also tell you that Morphies average 108 points against, and 28 points for - and average losing margin of 79 points.. So not much more than your 10 goal win. :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby jo172 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:27 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Very interesting chain of events saturday it seems.

We got a phone call from a trainer for Unis C6 side following up that we were indeed forfeiting our game as someone had sent a dodgily worded text message to their football director from someone pretending to be me, advising we were forfeiting our C6 game due to lack of numbers! This text wasnt followed up by the club and posted on the internal facebook chat they have.

I was made aware at about 1130am and got straight on the phone to clarify that we had 25 blokes on their way to Uni for the 2:15 game. Luckily they were able to pull their side back together and we ended up beaten fair and square thanks to Malinauskas' dominant display at full forward.

Thanks to the Uni trainer who called us and made us aware of this, she saved what would've been a very awkward situation for both clubs.

Ridiculous.

Any idea on the source of the text message?

Bloody impressive in the circumstances to salvage the game.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon May 21, 2018 5:34 pm

jo172 wrote:

Ridiculous.

It was bizarre! Their coach showed me the message and it looks like the work of a drunken dyslexic shit stirrer. I would've been suss straight away and followed up asking it be formally advised via email to the league and the clubs.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby Executive Member » Mon May 21, 2018 5:38 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Ridiculous.

It was bizarre! Their coach showed me the message and it looks like the work of a drunken dyslexic shit stirrer. I would've been suss straight away and followed up asking it be formally advised via email to the league and the clubs.

Forfeit = Pub Crawl to those in Uni's C6 side :D
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Trader » Mon May 21, 2018 8:31 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Ridiculous.

Perhaps those uni snobs assumed thats the way yous mob txt out at lizbef. ;)

Type the phone number the txt came from into Facebook search bar and it will bring up the account that number has been registered to.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby K.Durant » Mon May 21, 2018 11:34 pm

The Bedge wrote:
K.Durant wrote:Wasn't Uni vs Morphies, we were informed by them on Thursday

Math students may also tell you that Morphies average 108 points against, and 28 points for - and average losing margin of 79 points.. So not much more than your 10 goal win. :P

Maths/Science students would also review the whole set of data presented to them, Morphies have only played one side from the top 5 for a 167 point loss, hopefully they stay on the park later in the year, B's are also 0-7 so may be having a tough time depth wise?

Portland has played 4 of the top 5 team for an average losing margin of 145 points
K.Durant
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 22, 2018 10:59 am

BenchedEagle wrote: It was bizarre! Their coach showed me the message and it looks like the work of a drunken dyslexic shit stirrer. I would've been suss straight away and followed up asking it be formally advised via email to the league and the clubs.

Do you have two phones? ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue May 22, 2018 11:38 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote: It was bizarre! Their coach showed me the message and it looks like the work of a drunken dyslexic shit stirrer. I would've been suss straight away and followed up asking it be formally advised via email to the league and the clubs.

Do you have two phones? ;)

I only had about 3 cups of tea on friday night, so defs wasnt me! lol
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:49 am

Interesting night at Gaza.
Broadies leading 8.8 to 2.2 Gaza call a count half way through the last.
Umpires both run to the boundary with Broadview 1 over, players huddle & game resumes 5 minutes later with no one having a clue as to the ruling.
Balls thrown up so take it the score is wiped, Broadies go on to kick 7 goals to zip & take the win.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby The Bedge » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:43 am

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Interesting night at Gaza.
Umpires both run to the boundary with Broadview 1 over, players huddle & game resumes 5 minutes later with no one having a clue as to the ruling.
Balls thrown up so take it the score is wiped, Broadies go on to kick 7 goals to zip & take the win.

Score should be recorded, and time the count is called eg 4th qtr, 5min Mark.

Then free kick and 50m penalty is given to non offending side, game resumes. Report is lodged Monday and League deal with it.

Good to hear Broadies still won the game, could’ve made life interesting otherwise!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby locky801 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:56 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Interesting night at Gaza.

Score should be recorded, and time the count is called eg 4th qtr, 5min Mark.

Then free kick and 50m penalty is given to non offending side, game resumes. Report is lodged Monday and League deal with it.

Good to hear Broadies still won the game, could’ve made life interesting otherwise!

Spot on Bedge, i was flabbergasted when told this morning their score was wiped, surely officials from both clubs were present and should know the rules, let alone the umpires who yes i know are from the clubs themselves.

I note however that the scores have been amended on the website to show the actual scores involved and not the one showing the wiping of the scoresz
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby S Demon » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:35 pm

Anyone on here know how Kenilworth are looking for this weekend in the C’s? Likely to get a side up?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby ROOBOY18 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:32 pm

S Demon wrote:Anyone on here know how Kenilworth are looking for this weekend in the C’s? Likely to get a side up?

I bet Mitchell is hoping they turn up ;)
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby S Demon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:40 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:
S Demon wrote:Anyone on here know how Kenilworth are looking for this weekend in the C’s? Likely to get a side up?

Nah Dazz is out this week
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby TIRED TIGER » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:14 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:

Ii reckon SDemon would be keener sitting on 298 games and a 10 year reunion to fall on his 300th Saturday week.
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League