3%
Trinity OS
5%
West Croydon
22%

Total votes : 95

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby Power ranger » Wed May 23, 2018 9:43 pm

Again wrong information. No action has been taken by the club towards the player. Why would the club take action for an accident.? Don’t know where you got that info from.
Power ranger
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Power ranger » Wed May 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Again wrong information. No action has been taken by the club towards the player. Why would the club take action for an accident.? Don’t know where you got that info from.
Power ranger
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Power ranger wrote:Again wrong information. No action has been taken by the club towards the player. Why would the club take action for an accident.? Don’t know where you got that info from.

That’s what I couldn’t work out either haha! Thanks for clarifying. I was just going off Footy Chicks comment earlier.

Footy Chick wrote:Dealt with in house
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Power ranger » Wed May 23, 2018 10:12 pm

Can’t comment on that Bedge, have to ask footy chick for clarity
Power ranger
Mini-League

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 23, 2018 10:45 pm

The Bedge wrote:Is this the same incident FC was referring to? If so, what I don’t understand is if it’s as you’ve said why would the club need to take action internally? :?

Sorry, been at state training - mine was a different complaint, which wasn't part of any player report or anything. When Robb Stark mentioned at WC incident, I could only assume he was over=reacting to the one I was aware of - which has been dealt with to the best of my knowledge and was possibly quite minor in comparison.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby holdy2323 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:49 pm

Power ranger wrote:The West Croydon player is a 270+ senior player with the club who has an untarnished playing record. He was rucking a boundary throw in where he was attempting to hit the ball to his teams attacking end. I’ve seen the footage repeatedly . Footage that clearly shows there were only eyes on the football not the opposition ruckman. In the ruck attempt the PH ruckman was struck by the WC ruckman forearm. Totally accidental. No one likes seeing a player sustaining an injury playing sport but it unfortunately does occur especially in a contact sport. The WC ruckman was clearly attempting to gain some metreage with this attempt. The WC ruckman hasn’t a nasty bone in his body. Never has he purposely hurt an opposing player nor did he on this occasion. To see him called a thug for an in game collision is nothing short of uneducated slander. This is one of the things I really don’t like about this forum. People commenting on incidents they have little to no facts on. No regard given to the people being tarnished. Or the club.
WC have employed a videographer on the advice of a league official. Boy am I glad we took that advice. The footage is clear this was an incident with no intent or malice.
I do and so does everyone at WCFC wish the PHFC player a total and full recovery.
If we cause an incident outside the spirit of the game and it’s rules and integrity we deserve to pay for that as do all member clubs and players. This isn’t the case with this incident.

So will WC give footage to the league?
holdy2323
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Power ranger » Wed May 23, 2018 11:16 pm

The league will have its processes if PH ask the league to investigate. I’m pretty sure their first port of call would be to talk to the umpires to see what they saw. They would ask WC to respond if they required more information than the umpires could give. The incident was filmed and if we are asked to show the footage we would use it as our defence of this being an accident. That’s why we are having both A and B grade games filmed. There’s nothing to hide, it was not intentional it wasn’t a fist to the head it was in play in front of the umpires. It unfortunately doesn’t help the PH ruckman , I feel his pain as my final game was brought about unexpectedly by an unintentional incident with a knee to the head. We all know when we put on boots we could be hurt. I don’t know statistics of the the number of footballers who end up in hospital on a Saturday but I’m betting a bigh percentage are unintentional compared to intentional. There was no incident preceding the clash between the two players.
Power ranger
Mini-League

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 am

Power ranger wrote:The league will have its processes if PH ask the league to investigate. I’m pretty sure their first port of call would be to talk to the umpires to see what they saw. They would ask WC to respond if they required more information than the umpires could give. The incident was filmed and if we are asked to show the footage we would use it as our defence of this being an accident. That’s why we are having both A and B grade games filmed. There’s nothing to hide, it was not intentional it wasn’t a fist to the head it was in play in front of the umpires. It unfortunately doesn’t help the PH ruckman , I feel his pain as my final game was brought about unexpectedly by an unintentional incident with a knee to the head. We all know when we put on boots we could be hurt. I don’t know statistics of the the number of footballers who end up in hospital on a Saturday but I’m betting a bigh percentage are unintentional compared to intentional. There was no incident preceding the clash between the two players.

I have no first hand knowledge of the incident and if it involves the guy i think it does then its not in his character and a guy i rate highly.

What i will ask is if this does go to the tribunal, would they apply the same logic that the AFL does and take in to consideration the outcome over intent. Meaning WC would be harshly delt with due to an accident that resulted in injury.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Power ranger » Thu May 24, 2018 9:52 am

In 2016 B grade grand final at Edwardstown Hawks v WS Cats. One of our players Leigh Bottrel slid in over the football, was first to the footy. A Woodville south player unintentionally fell knees first i to him. 2 1/2hours later braced with suspected spinal injuries he was taken by ambulance. Broken collar bone, sternum and severe bruising. Hospitalised for some period of time, tried to comeback but has now as a result prematurely retired. As i said my own football playing days ended by an accident. If result is the factor most prevalent not intent then under that banner these two players should have had lengthy bans. For accidental contact in a contact sport. We had a current A grade player hit in a contest 2 years back by a team mate, punctured his lung. So what there??? Absolutely no intent yet serious injuries. If intent becomes void in decisions on players and in this case a clubs future then our game is DONE. For the record every single player involved in incidents compounding to see us on a AAA is no longer at West Croydon. All but one is playing scott free at other clubs, none of which are on a AAA . Theyve caused the club grief, none of which they have to pay for past their own few week suspensions. All but one of those players were also new to the club in 2016. Yet here we are as a club tarnished left on egg shells. A , AAA
Gives opposition clubs two ways to beat a club on a AAA.
Power ranger
Mini-League

Postby Arch44 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:29 am

Power ranger wrote:The West Croydon player is a 270+ senior player with the club who has an untarnished playing record. He was rucking a boundary throw in where he was attempting to hit the ball to his teams attacking end. I’ve seen the footage repeatedly . Footage that clearly shows there were only eyes on the football not the opposition ruckman. In the ruck attempt the PH ruckman was struck by the WC ruckman forearm. Totally accidental. No one likes seeing a player sustaining an injury playing sport but it unfortunately does occur especially in a contact sport. The WC ruckman was clearly attempting to gain some metreage with this attempt. The WC ruckman hasn’t a nasty bone in his body. Never has he purposely hurt an opposing player nor did he on this occasion. To see him called a thug for an in game collision is nothing short of uneducated slander. This is one of the things I really don’t like about this forum. People commenting on incidents they have little to no facts on. No regard given to the people being tarnished. Or the club.
WC have employed a videographer on the advice of a league official. Boy am I glad we took that advice. The footage is clear this was an incident with no intent or malice.
I do and so does everyone at WCFC wish the PHFC player a total and full recovery.
If we cause an incident outside the spirit of the game and it’s rules and integrity we deserve to pay for that as do all member clubs and players. This isn’t the case with this incident.

Agree 100% about the player in question. I have coached fair chunk of his games and he doesnt have a malice bone in his body, just loves playing footy. Am also happy to be a character reference if it came to it, hopefully common sense prevails.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 24, 2018 10:33 am

Ignore the haters.. as someone who was involved with a club on AAA, just stick the course and keep doing what you're doing. All things being equal people (outside the club) will soon forget about it and using it as something to try and bait and antagonise players, and eventually the wheels will turn and your club will come out the other side better, and without the sanctions.

The AAA (in my personal opinion) proved to be a positive for Ingle Farm - it put greater risk and responsibility on the players, it made the club conscious about who we would retain/recruit, and it made everyone within the club accountable. It helped to create an environment that encouraged new players to join the club and in turn gave us an opportunity to have a degree of success.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu May 24, 2018 10:46 am

Power ranger wrote:In 2016 B grade grand final at Edwardstown Hawks v WS Cats. One of our players Leigh Bottrel slid in over the football, was first to the footy. A Woodville south player unintentionally fell knees first i to him. 2 1/2hours later braced with suspected spinal injuries he was taken by ambulance. Broken collar bone, sternum and severe bruising. Hospitalised for some period of time, tried to comeback but has now as a result prematurely retired. As i said my own football playing days ended by an accident. If result is the factor most prevalent not intent then under that banner these two players should have had lengthy bans. For accidental contact in a contact sport. We had a current A grade player hit in a contest 2 years back by a team mate, punctured his lung. So what there??? Absolutely no intent yet serious injuries. If intent becomes void in decisions on players and in this case a clubs future then our game is DONE. For the record every single player involved in incidents compounding to see us on a AAA is no longer at West Croydon. All but one is playing scott free at other clubs, none of which are on a AAA . Theyve caused the club grief, none of which they have to pay for past their own few week suspensions. All but one of those players were also new to the club in 2016. Yet here we are as a club tarnished left on egg shells. A , AAA

I always did wonder whether he played footy again. That's a shame to have a career ended like that.

That was a terrible accident and even worse seeing the pain he was in whilst waiting for the ambo.

I hope he's not turned his back on footy completely and is still involved around the club in some capacity.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Rabbdawg88 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:10 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Power ranger wrote:In 2016 B grade grand final at Edwardstown Hawks v WS Cats. One of our players Leigh Bottrel slid in over the football, was first to the footy. A Woodville south player unintentionally fell knees first i to him. 2 1/2hours later braced with suspected spinal injuries he was taken by ambulance. Broken collar bone, sternum and severe bruising. Hospitalised for some period of time, tried to comeback but has now as a result prematurely retired. As i said my own football playing days ended by an accident. If result is the factor most prevalent not intent then under that banner these two players should have had lengthy bans. For accidental contact in a contact sport. We had a current A grade player hit in a contest 2 years back by a team mate, punctured his lung. So what there??? Absolutely no intent yet serious injuries. If intent becomes void in decisions on players and in this case a clubs future then our game is DONE. For the record every single player involved in incidents compounding to see us on a AAA is no longer at West Croydon. All but one is playing scott free at other clubs, none of which are on a AAA . Theyve caused the club grief, none of which they have to pay for past their own few week suspensions. All but one of those players were also new to the club in 2016. Yet here we are as a club tarnished left on egg shells. A , AAA

I always did wonder whether he played footy again. That's a shame to have a career ended like that.

That was a terrible accident and even worse seeing the pain he was in whilst waiting for the ambo.

I hope he's not turned his back on footy completely and is still involved around the club in some capacity.

One of my best mates and my bgrade team manager!!

The player in question is a club man through and through and I have played footy with him and is a proud wc man.
Not a single angry bone in him to hurt someone intentionally!

Terrible from some on here to assume and that’s the problem, assumptions with out full knowledge.
A THUG is the opposite of what the man is.
Rabbdawg88
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 24, 2018 12:35 pm

Rabbdawg88 wrote:Terrible from some on here to assume and that’s the problem, assumptions with out full knowledge.

Calm down, only ONE person accused him of being a thug, and in his defence he obviously doesn't know the player as well as you or others at WC, also doesn't have the benefit of a video replay as you lot have on the incident, so is only commenting on what he saw/thinks he saw.

I don't see what's so terrible about that. :?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Rabbdawg88 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

The player in question is a club man through and through and I have played footy with him and is a proud wc man.

Terrible from some on here to assume and that’s the problem, assumptions with out full knowledge.

What did FC say that I'm not seeing?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 24, 2018 12:40 pm

Anyway all this talk is distracting from more important news, like the fact long serving Greenacres player Brenton Starke runs out this weekend for game 300 for the Dragons!

300 games is a ridiculously amazing milestone, but it's even more so for a club like Greenacres who have endured their fair whack of tough times over the journey, for a guy to stick fat through all those difficult times when less men would've quit or gone elsewhere is a testament to the blokes character.

Majority of his games would've come through the B grade too - wouldn't be too many wins amongst that 300.. perhaps tomorrow the stars will align for him!

Congrats Starkey, hope you have a great game sir.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Rabbdawg88 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Rabbdawg88 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

What did FC say that I'm not seeing?

No not FC if you look back you will see what I’m referring to
Rabbdawg88
Mini-League

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 24, 2018 12:52 pm

Rabbdawg88 wrote:

Probably best quoting on the offending post there mate.

I think the general consensus has been nothing short of favourable to the player in question and by the sounds of the video evidence he'll have nothing to worry about, I've been snotted by my own team mate at a boundary throw in, I'm not sure to this day if it was intentional or not.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Rabbdawg88 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:21 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Rabbdawg88 wrote:

Probably best quoting on the offending post there mate.

I think the general consensus has been nothing short of favourable to the player in question and by the sounds of the video evidence he'll have nothing to worry about, I've been snotted by my own team mate at a boundary throw in, I'm not sure to this day if it was intentional or not.

Apologies, still learning my way through the forum operation
Rabbdawg88
Mini-League

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Rabbdawg88 wrote:
Apologies, still learning my way through the forum operation

All good champ.