The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:26 pm

LMA wrote:LMA SAID

and learn how to quote properly

Thanks , providing you can learn how to read what you post and reply accordingly . :D
Michael
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:45 pm

LMA wrote:
RB wrote:
Michael wrote:Been happening forever and a day

Not for trial games it hasn't. And not this many matches either.

Hasn't it ? Without knowing any stats could it be a case of there are more juniors playing in the A grade now as the standard has dropped due to the inception of GC and GWS and players chasing coin in the country. It would certainly be more noticeable now if that's the case

I disagree again, even in the 80s people were making their debuts in their 16s and 17s. I think of Dexter Kennedy and Robyn Kidney immediately.
I honestly have never remembered anyone missing a league game for an under 18s trial ever until this year.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby LMA » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:51 pm

Michael wrote:

Thanks , providing you can learn how to read what you post and reply accordingly . :D

I have a little sarcastic crack at your post and you reply 'Thanks' :lol:
Someone does need to learn how to read and reply accordingly but it ain't me :oops:
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LMA » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:21 pm

Wedgie wrote:
LMA wrote:
RB wrote:
Michael wrote:Been happening forever and a day

Not for trial games it hasn't. And not this many matches either.

Hasn't it ? Without knowing any stats could it be a case of there are more juniors playing in the A grade now as the standard has dropped due to the inception of GC and GWS and players chasing coin in the country. It would certainly be more noticeable now if that's the case

I disagree again, even in the 80s people were making their debuts in their 16s and 17s. I think of Dexter Kennedy and Robyn Kidney immediately.
I honestly have never remembered anyone missing a league game for an under 18s trial ever until this year.

Wasn't a statement, was posing the question. Wanga's the best indigenous player IMO comes to mind when I think of young debuts.

Anyway, these kids would of had a plan mapped out for them towards an AFL career as soon as they realised their talents, some would even have managers already. I don't see why people are getting pissed at the AFL for them playing in a trial, ask the kids why they are playing in it, you might not like the answer but the answers will all be the same.
LMA
Coach

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:28 pm

LMA wrote:
Michael wrote:

I have a little sarcastic crack at your post and you reply 'Thanks' :lol:
Someone does need to learn how to read and reply accordingly but it ain't me :oops:

Nah , pretty sure its you . Now you have twisted it to sarcasm. LOL. If , I stress IF , you go back and read my reply you may understand .I doubt it but im sure you can try and give it a shot. Im not confident but I will give you the chance. :lol:
Michael
Rookie

Postby LMA » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:31 pm

You don't work at a call centre by any chance do you?
LMA
Coach

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:35 pm

You dont work by any chance ? LOL Now come on you can do it . Go and read it and reply without the dribble. You can do it ! Have faith in yourself.
Michael
Rookie

Postby LMA » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:55 pm

The reason I asked is I suspect that English is not your first language.

^I was referring to me asking if you worked in a call centre, I know you have trouble reading between the lines.
LMA
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:06 pm

Maybe you two can get a room, or at least try using pm’s
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby therisingblues » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:38 pm

LMA wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
LMA wrote:
RB wrote:

Wasn't a statement, was posing the question. Wanga's the best indigenous player IMO comes to mind when I think of young debuts.

Anyway, these kids would of had a plan mapped out for them towards an AFL career as soon as they realised their talents, some would even have managers already. I don't see why people are getting pissed at the AFL for them playing in a trial, ask the kids why they are playing in it, you might not like the answer but the answers will all be the same.

Try having a thought about the integrity of the competitions besides the AFL and you may come a little closer to understanding what' s so bullshit about the whole system. But we've had just a few pages already about this, so if you haven't got it by now, you never will.
In the meantime you just go on believing that the only thing of importance in the football world is your glorious AFL, the media that covers it, and the corporates that own it. Never mind that it used to be the people's game, structured for the people's enjoyment, its main purpose now is to chase money and it is mercilessly whipped towards that end.
The majority of us are repelled by this particular whiff of bullshit. You happen to like it. Good for you!
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby LMA » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:08 pm

Ah there you go again about the corporates, you been watching minimalists doco's again on Netflix? Or is that too corporate for you. And yet you're still sporting an AFL team logo under your username
LMA
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:41 pm

I love the game called football, hence there is a team that I follow. You'll also note that I have a SANFL side, this in spite of the infection of AFL reserves teams in our league.
I am unhappy about the way the game is being run, but I am not about to give it away altogether. I watch about 5 or 6 games of AFL a year.
Not sure what is being shown on Netflix, but I am old enough to remember a world that wasn't so plastic, and a game of football that was more about the game than a commercial side show. I'm not sure how much of all this is just a shit stir for you, but I often find that more avid fans of AFL than I are dissatisfied with the way the game is being run. Is this true for you as well, or are you genuinely sold on the shape of the game these days?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Spargo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:51 pm

therisingblues wrote:I'm not sure how much of all this is just a shit stir for you

I think most of us have a fair idea.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Michael » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:58 pm

LMA will address a comment soon. I know he will . I am not saying he has the intelligence too , just a hunch.
Michael
Rookie

Postby LMA » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:19 pm

therisingblues wrote:I love the game called football, hence there is a team that I follow. You'll also note that I have a SANFL side, this in spite of the infection of AFL reserves teams in our league.
I am unhappy about the way the game is being run, but I am not about to give it away altogether. I watch about 5 or 6 games of AFL a year.
Not sure what is being shown on Netflix, but I am old enough to remember a world that wasn't so plastic, and a game of football that was more about the game than a commercial side show. I'm not sure how much of all this is just a shit stir for you, but I often find that more avid fans of AFL than I are dissatisfied with the way the game is being run. Is this true for you as well, or are you genuinely sold on the shape of the game these days?

I get the way you feel I might have felt the same way had Sturt got the second AFL licence. I also am dissatisfied with the current game at the top flight and have posted that previously. I have also said before that now is the perfect time for the SANFL to strike and promote an alternative. I'm not on here for a stir, some things on here I find petty or disagree with and post accordingly.
LMA
Coach

Postby Michael » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:18 am

But dont reply with sense when you are wrong. LMA indeed . Where will you be tomorrow at Noarlunga ?
Michael
Rookie

Postby morell » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:19 am

Keep fighting the good fight LMA.

Doing a sterling job.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Michael » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:26 am

Would be good if there was a fight but the bottom teams cant produce one.
Michael
Rookie

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:10 am

As soon as the big bucks came in the AFL was ******, just the same as the Premier League.
The style to me is sterile an boring. Sadly the sanfl clubs spend most of their time trying to emulate that style. It comes off crap because we don’t have the skills to make it work. So we end up with a game littered with errors.

At the end of the day it was the dumbass club presidents who voted the AFL Reserves in, (Well most of them). They were toothless and no matter what bull dust they were being fed, they still had a choice and could have said **** off. But they didn’t and until the sanfl commission grows some balls and kicks the reserves out, we are stuck with them.

You can either accept that fact and live with it, or not accept that fact and move on, sadly like many have done already. You can even partly accept it and boycott the games involving the reserves as many do now. It still comes back to the same thing, it is down to the idiots running our league that need to wake up before it’s too late.

As for the Port boys that come on here, LMA, Booney, Morrell, etc., personally I have no issue with them barracking for their team and wanting the best for their club. (Isn’t that what the argument is all about, us wanting the best for our clubs?). I don’t care about Port Adelaide playing in the AFL, that ship sailed long ago.

I only have an argument when someone comes on here (the sanfl thread) just to either bag it when they don’t follow the league, or blindly claim that the reserves playing in the sanfl is anything but only for the benefit of the two AFL clubs. Or like some who say “get over it”, without an inclination of the frustration the sanfl supporter feels about the current situation.

To be fair to LMA, I’m not sure he has ever claimed anything else.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby JK » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Commentator in Collingwood v Freo game speaking about Stefan Giro saying "Played with the Redlegs in the SANFL, in the reserves" F***ing Grrrrr!!! :evil:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL