#sparefootballsbehindthegoals
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby lion heart » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:13 pm

Q. wrote:Should be a cracking finish to the back half of the minor round. OSB Lonsdale the hunted, a win against them will be a huge factor in securing a berth in the finals with 6 other teams fighting for the final four spots in the top five.

HDFC with a real challenge sitting seventh- realistically need to win six of the last nine to get in. The bye coming at the right time and should see several players return from injury in a couple of weeks. Have shown we are capable of beating the top side, so 6 from 9 a real possibility.

Maybe Houghton could drop a couple from the reserves down to the A grade then :D ;)

All jokes aside there will be some absolute cracker games in the last 9 rounds. 7 teams still in the hunt for the top 5 with 6 teams of those eyeing a top 3 berth!

Looks like the finals will be starting early. Bring it on!
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:29 pm

lion heart wrote:Maybe Houghton could drop a couple from the reserves down to the A grade then :D ;)

Ha! Nobody being held back from playing A's. Reserves just have a good mix of old heads and youthful exuberance.
Q.
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:32 pm

You can put me in with the old heads ha ha ha
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Q. wrote:
lion heart wrote:Maybe Houghton could drop a couple from the reserves down to the A grade then :D ;)

Ha! Nobody being held back from playing A's. Reserves just have a good mix of old heads and youthful exuberance.

Mainly old heads though :lol: 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby BZB27 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:10 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Q. wrote:

Mainly old heads though :lol: 8)

Half of them were the a grade 2 years ago so shows the changes at the club to not need these blokes to play in the 1’s anymore
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby eric » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:03 pm

a few of the old heads have been called up in the last few weeks due to our long injury list.. Luckily we have some real depth up the hill at the moment and although our Senior side hasn’t been winning the fact we are still undefeated at Reserve level shows that we are on the right path. Only one or two of our competitors would be close to having the depth we have currently.
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:22 pm

eric wrote:a few of the old heads have been called up in the last few weeks due to our long injury list.. Luckily we have some real depth up the hill at the moment and although our Senior side hasn’t been winning the fact we are still undefeated at Reserve level shows that Hendo will get a big head soon.

EFA ;)

Waiting for SMS from Hendo in 5...4...3...2.... :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Where’s Bedge?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby carey » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:44 pm

eric wrote:a few of the old heads have been called up in the last few weeks due to our long injury list.. Luckily we have some real depth up the hill at the moment and although our Senior side hasn’t been winning the fact we are still undefeated at Reserve level shows that we are on the right path. Only one or two of our competitors would be close to having the depth we have currently.

You’d much rather your A grade winning games than an undefeated B grade.

Clubs are judged on A grade success.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby the smokey » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:51 pm

carey wrote:
eric wrote:a few of the old heads have been called up in the last few weeks due to our long injury list.. Luckily we have some real depth up the hill at the moment and although our Senior side hasn’t been winning the fact we are still undefeated at Reserve level shows that we are on the right path. Only one or two of our competitors would be close to having the depth we have currently.

And there you have it... finally some common sense!!

Yes b grade sucess is good but if you are achiveing sucess at b grade level maybe look at why the same sucess isn't being achieved at a grade level.

Maybe just maybe because blokes are getting paid at a grade level that the depth etc isnt the same at other levels as noses are outa joint.

I can name several clubs not just at this grade where this occurs. This isnt a dig at any club just the importance of trying to build (and i know this can take 5-10 years) rather than bye!
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:10 pm

the smokey wrote:
carey wrote:

Yes b grade sucess is good but if you are achiveing sucess at b grade level maybe look at why the same sucess isn't being achieved at a grade level.

Maybe just maybe because blokes are getting paid at a grade level that the depth etc isnt the same at other levels as noses are outa joint.

I can name several clubs not just at this grade where this occurs. This isnt a dig at any club just the importance of trying to build (and i know this can take 5-10 years) rather than bye!
What the **** are you on about?
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:20 pm

carey wrote:

Of course. And we can still win both.
Q.
Coach

Postby Oldmatebob » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:29 pm

the smokey wrote:
carey wrote:

U must really have something against Houghton
Oldmatebob
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby the smokey » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:41 pm

Oldmatebob wrote:
the smokey wrote:
carey wrote:

Yes b grade sucess is good but if you are achiveing sucess at b grade level maybe look atew why the same sucess isn't being achieved at a grade level.

U must really have something against Houghton

I actually dont believe it or not.. all im saying is that in this instance your club as a whole is defined by your A grade. And if you win a b grade flag is that actually success for the club
Yes its a flag on the wall but next year your still in div 7. So no the club hsnt progressed the big picture is everything.

And when you do go up to div 6 you need to maintain playes to win a fame or 2 and stay up
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:49 pm

the smokey wrote:I actually dont believe it or not.. all im saying is that in this instance your club as a whole is defined by your A grade. And if you win a b grade flag is that actually success for the club
Yes its a flag on the wall but next year your still in div 7. So no the club hsnt progressed the big picture is everything.

And when you do go up to div 6 you need to maintain playes to win a fame or 2 and stay up

I don't think anyone but Pulteney has ever thought otherwise
Q.
Coach

Postby eric » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:06 am

well aware that you are judged on your A grade performance, I am talking about player depth and that alone..
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby The Informer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:16 am

carey wrote:

Carey, Since you know Eric and Myself so well you are quite welcome to come up the club and let us know where we are going wrong.

Your also quite welcome to watch us at selection and see how we pick the B grade first and then the left overs play A grade, **** me.

Smokey, your name suits you well as you should lay off the stuff as know one can understand a word you say and yes we know we are playing your C and D grade team as you blokes were not shy on telling us.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby Hasbeen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:31 am

Maybe they are just curious as to why Houghton only seem to play with 22 in the A's instead of 25 leaving the B's stronger. Isn't there a few guys not even getting a game in the B's. Thought I read they were getting 60-70 out to preseason and had 20 blokes not selected for round 1.
Personally I think 25 is too many. Although some weeks you can pick up 5 injuries in a game. And some blokes would rather play a full game of B's than be on and off the bench in the A's. The 25 man squad isn't for everyone.
Hasbeen
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby morell » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:32 am

Went through this in 2016 when I was coach. We went 5 zip in the ressies and I had club legends accusing me of sandbagging. But it often happens when you get a new coach who wants to play youth in the As, the old stagers are still loyal and play magoos for a bit of fun, then that youth might not be quite good enough or get hurt. Once injuries hit the older crew get called upon again.

I'll have a wager that the Houghton Bs lose a few on the home stretch as their better players are tapped on the shoulder to fill in for the As / forced changes are made.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League