Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby magpieeagle » Fri May 18, 2018 3:44 pm

Bob Loblaw wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Association Kadina or Wallaroo? Program says Kadina but posts on FB say Wallaroo.

It's at Wallaroo, programs are wrong.

U17s Finished by 1230, have too make it a fishing weekend.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri May 18, 2018 4:39 pm

Tips for the week

Two Wells V Angle Vale - Two Wells to curb AV fast starts and win this by 20 goals. Simply too tall.
Mallala V Hamley - The only contest is can Mallala kick a bigger score than 2Wells did last week.
Balaklava V Virginia - Balaklava have been in exceptional form and I would expect them to win this by 10 goals judging by how Hummocks went against Virginia
United V Hummocks - Match of the round here at Wakefield, Both teams very even, I am just hoping United are good enough. Not a tip as it will be tight, just hoping.

Assuming everyone is liking the free money I've been giving out I like Rich Charm in Race 6 at Flemington. Can get $3.30 using power play. Thank me on Sunday :D
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Hazbeen » Fri May 18, 2018 4:47 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:Also bit of chat about umpires. I know they are short of men in white and good on him for having a go but is being a club offical (senior colts coach) and then umpiring the A grade of the same club ok?

How did he go?

All I am going to say is without umpires we don't have a game.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Surely Not... » Fri May 18, 2018 10:31 pm

OnSong wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:Busy night at the tribunal tonight. Anyone heard any results?

Heard Russo got 5, Amos 1

Wasn’t there three hearings Wednesday night at the tribunal ? Does anyone know what happened with the third one?
Surely Not...
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Pulteney OS

Postby Mythical Creature » Sat May 19, 2018 8:13 am

Surely Not... wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:Busy night at the tribunal tonight. Anyone heard any results?

Heard Russo got 5, Amos 1

Wasn’t there three hearings Wednesday night at the tribunal ? Does anyone know what happened with the third one?

Why would you be 'queer' ying it now? ;)
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby NothingDoing » Sun May 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Angle Vale definitely keeping the trend of hot starts to games leading Two Wells at quarter time 5 goals to 2. Hardly a stiff breeze yesterday so can’t say they kicked with a gale. Impressive.

Spoke to someone who said there was an incident on the final siren in the reserves at Port Wakefield yesterday where a senior HWE player elbowed a 16 or 17 year old for United in the back of the head while he was on the ground. Sparked a melee. Any reports out of it? Stories can get exaggerated but poor act of true. Is the kid alright?
NothingDoing
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times

Postby Ace of Spades » Sun May 20, 2018 2:37 pm

NothingDoing wrote:Angle Vale definitely keeping the trend of hot starts to games leading Two Wells at quarter time 5 goals to 2. Hardly a stiff breeze yesterday so can’t say they kicked with a gale. Impressive.

Spoke to someone who said there was an incident on the final siren in the reserves at Port Wakefield yesterday where a senior HWE player elbowed a 16 or 17 year old for United in the back of the head while he was on the ground. Sparked a melee. Any reports out of it? Stories can get exaggerated but poor act of true. Is the kid alright?

Certainly exaggerated. No elbows involved. The lad was tackled, did end up hurt, however from what I saw was fair and he was pinged for holding the ball. Bit push and shove but nothing exciting.
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Mythical Creature » Sun May 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Ace of Spades wrote:
NothingDoing wrote:Angle Vale definitely keeping the trend of hot starts to games leading Two Wells at quarter time 5 goals to 2. Hardly a stiff breeze yesterday so can’t say they kicked with a gale. Impressive.

Certainly exaggerated. No elbows involved. The lad was tackled, did end up hurt, however from what I saw was fair and he was pinged for holding the ball. Bit push and shove but nothing exciting.

Youre right. Nothing exciting in the melee. Not sure you end up in hospital after a 'fair' 'tackle'.
May be more to come .
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Nighthawk » Mon May 21, 2018 10:16 am

dose the League have a social media policy in place? hearing maybe some action there
Nighthawk
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby The Falcon » Tue May 22, 2018 4:43 pm

Nighthawk wrote:dose the League have a social media policy in place? hearing maybe some action there

Yes it does, and your hearing is excellent.
There's no time like the right Time..
The Falcon
Mini-League

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Virginia

Postby PEARCE OFF » Tue May 22, 2018 5:24 pm

Wouldn’t you be reading it rather than hearing about it?
PEARCE OFF
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Snags » Wed May 23, 2018 1:47 pm

First association training tonight for the A grade, anyone know who’s in the squad by any chance?
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Woofa » Sat May 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Ace of Spades wrote:

Definately was an elbow Ace, plenty of us saw it. If it was all fair then why did a melee break out?
Memo to the senior Eagles player involved - You have already cemented your place in your club as one of the greats. Someone who played hard and skillful A grade. Its a credit to you that you still play B grade which helps out your club & younger players. BUT if you think being 40 & running around belting kids who are starting out in senior footy is a good look for you and your club then you are way off the mark.
Woofa
Rookie

Been liked: 9 times

Postby Nighthawk » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:05 pm

herd Russo a noshow....Apfl came down haaaaaaaaardddd
Nighthawk
Rookie

Postby norm11 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:43 pm

Snags wrote:First association training tonight for the A grade, anyone know who’s in the squad by any chance?

Not sure. But I can tell u not many there
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:03 pm

Anyone see the incident in the senior colts at Mallala on Saturday?

From what I understand, a colt will face the tribunal for touching an umpire?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Popper Smurf » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:46 pm

OnSong wrote:Anyone see the incident in the senior colts at Mallala on Saturday?

The boy involved is a junior colt playing senior colts and to put it bluntly, he had a melt down due to an umpiring decision (something many others have done in the past) unfortunately for him, he did touch the umpire.

Let's think about the kid involved and lets not make a big deal out of this, he is a kid that for 30 seconds lost the plot, plain and simple, no one was hurt through what he did and he will now face the tribunal and suffer the consequence's of his actions.

To the boy's credit, he fronted the club and the supporters that night and apologised for his action early that day, something that takes a lot of courage for a young boy to do.
Popper Smurf
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time

Postby Nighthawk » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:14 pm

nice thoughts but bet u wouldnt be so nice about it if the kid was from virginia or Angle vale.
Nighthawk
Rookie

Postby OnSong » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:32 pm

Popper Smurf wrote:
OnSong wrote:Anyone see the incident in the senior colts at Mallala on Saturday?

The boy involved is a junior colt playing senior colts and to put it bluntly, he had a melt down due to an umpiring decision (something many others have done in the past) unfortunately for him, he did touch the umpire.

Let's think about the kid involved and lets not make a big deal out of this, he is a kid that for 30 seconds lost the plot, plain and simple, no one was hurt through what he did and he will now face the tribunal and suffer the consequence's of his actions.

To the boy's credit, he fronted the club and the supporters that night and apologised for his action early that day, something that takes a lot of courage for a young boy to do.

Absolutely. Sounds like he doesn't really have too much to worry about at the end of the day.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Surely Not... » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:10 pm

Nighthawk wrote:nice thoughts but bet u wouldnt be so nice about it if the kid was from virginia or Angle vale.

Have to agree with you on that one Nighthawk.
Surely Not...
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Pulteney OS

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy