Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:48 pm

LMA wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
whufc wrote:Not sure where to put it but very interested to hear Kane Corne go on Facebook as having a low opinion of what the CFS do for work.

'Watching movies and going to the gym all day was sooooooooo hard'

Piece of Sh!t he is. It's more the fact he took someone else's career. Bloody hard to get into and he got a golden ticket and then bailed out because he couldn't pick and choose when he worked.

Would of made a lot of people angry when he threw it in, like you said hard career to get into. Kinda reminds me of when the Jolly's got on The Block, here's a bloke who's probably averaged around 500k for the last 5 years and he gets on the show not once but twice. FTR I hate that show, every suburban wife now thinks they're an expert designer.

He didn’t get any “golden ticket” into the MFS, I can assure you of that.
I feel for the bloke who was one spot behind Cornes. He doesn’t automatically get the job when Kane bailed.
His name went back in with the rest of the applicants and he had to go through the whole bloody process again - he’s the one who has more right to be filthy than anyone else.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Selfish is the Cornes family middle name.
That or Studley............... or whatever! :lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:52 pm

whufc wrote:Surely you can see the difference between an average mug punter on a sa footy forum and a public figure on the world wide Facebook

I do agree with you but if the bloke has a personal crack I can see why Kane would bite back. Even if it’s unwise
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby LMA » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:53 pm

Spargo wrote:
LMA wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
whufc wrote:Not sure where to put it but very interested to hear Kane Corne go on Facebook as having a low opinion of what the CFS do for work.

Piece of Sh!t he is. It's more the fact he took someone else's career. Bloody hard to get into and he got a golden ticket and then bailed out because he couldn't pick and choose when he worked.

Would of made a lot of people angry when he threw it in, like you said hard career to get into. Kinda reminds me of when the Jolly's got on The Block, here's a bloke who's probably averaged around 500k for the last 5 years and he gets on the show not once but twice. FTR I hate that show, every suburban wife now thinks they're an expert designer.

I feel for the bloke who was one spot behind Cornes. He doesn’t automatically get the job when Kane bailed.
His name went back in with the rest of the applicants and he had to go through the whole bloody process again - he’s the one who has more right to be filthy than anyone else.

Maybe not, but he did get accepted in his first attempt didn't he? I know a bloke who persisted for nearly 15 years before getting in
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:53 pm

Spargo wrote:
LMA wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

You can’t pot a bloke for wanting to change his career. Plenty of people have quit jobs when they get a better offer.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:54 pm

bennymacca wrote:
whufc wrote:Surely you can see the difference between an average mug punter on a sa footy forum and a public figure on the world wide Facebook

I do agree with you but if the bloke has a personal crack I can see why Kane would bite back. Even if it’s unwise

Agree the guy had a personal crack at him but surely he has to be better than critising an entire volunteers service which invaluable to our communtity.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:57 pm

bennymacca wrote:

His usual method is to block anyone who disagrees just like rooch
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby LMA » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:59 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Selfish is the Cornes family middle name.

Or Sharpei
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (24.08 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:12 pm

LMA wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Selfish is the Cornes family middle name.

Or Sharpei
images.jpeg

Is that you Graham?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby MW » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:18 pm

Even Kochies retweeting posts criticising the umps from the hawks game!
MW
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Surprised Wedgie hasn't jumped in to comment on reaching this page number :-"
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby MW » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:25 pm

Lock the thread!!!
MW
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:04 pm

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Agree the guy had a personal crack at him but surely he has to be better than critising an entire volunteers service which invaluable to our communtity.

I dont think he was criticising the CFS. I think his comment was sarcastic and he was referring to the MFS having it "tough" watching movies and going to the gym all day. Thats the way i took it anyway
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:10 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

I dont think he was criticising the CFS. I think his comment was sarcastic and he was referring to the MFS having it "tough" watching movies and going to the gym all day. Thats the way i took it anyway

The comment smacks of the elitist attitude the MFS has towards the CFS. Not that he was there very long but I doubt he would know what it is like to hold down a real 9 to 5 grind job.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:26 am

You're all talking about Cornes, he's doing his job.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:27 am

morell wrote:I think he could have been ok if he had absolutely elite top line assistants.

Walsh and Richardson were exactly that.

It certainly upset the apple cart when both left in consecutive years.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:31 am

amber_fluid wrote:
morell wrote:
stan wrote:
Spargo wrote:
You’re in the extreme minority of the Port supporters I’ve heard & know. All the talk was top 4, have a tilt at the flag.
Missing the finals would be major step backwards.
And rightly so, they should be better than what they have shown. Question marks around the coaching staff now.

Now??

I've been saying this for 3 years.

Right man standing or last man standing?
Many experts at the time said the latter.

How can anyone even in their wildest dreams predict the possible success orvotherwise of a coach before he's even started in the job with the millions of variables involved in every season?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:35 am

bennymacca wrote:
You can’t pot a bloke for wanting to change his career. Plenty of people have quit jobs when they get a better offer.

I can't believe people pot him for it.

Shift work, dangerous situations, car crashes,screwed up body by the time you're done $70-80k+ OR watch and talk about football in a comfy chair with no risk of injuru for $100k++++, who the **** wouldn't do it?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:36 am

MW wrote:Yeah Richardson is shining at the Saints...

Different job, different list, impossible to compare.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:49 am

carey wrote:We surely can’t be blaming Ken for basic skill errors? We are terrible by foot, we simply can’t kick. I like Ken as coach but clearly something is on the nose.

I HAVEN'T SEEN THE HAWKS GAME yet but I assume we still look side ways the second we’re under pressure? Been happening all year, we can certainly blame Ken for that. And we’re simply not skillful enough to play that style of footy.

Need 13 wins to guarantee finals I have us finishing on 12 wins. IMO we must get 2 of the next 3 to get to that 13 wins mark.

I’m certainly not as optimistic about our season as Boon is. But a week is a longtime in footy, GWS we’re shutting the doors last week now in the flag race, 3 weeks ago Goddard and Heppell we’re retired!

Time will tell.

6-4 and 8th, haven't played anywhere near our best footy.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL