PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:That's if they get accepted?

Yeah, but it's hard to see clubs voting against their entry - North Haven isn't that far away, and the Pirates have possibly 2 sides (2 day and 1 day), North Haven have 4 sides.

It'll be interesting to see what other clubs from C&CCA apply i.e. Para Vista as well.

They'd have more hope getting accepted under the North Haven banner, quite often breakaway teams don't get voted in.

Will that mean a return to the PDCA for Ronnie Braakhuis?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:They'd have more hope getting accepted under the North Haven banner, quite often breakaway teams don't get voted in.

Nah that's a myth these days I reckon lol
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby carey » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:50 pm

Might be time for a comeback I think.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:00 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Not sure if its been covered? A new club called the Peninsula Pirates based down the port look to be joining. Would it be from some disgruntled Nth Haven lads sick of traveling South in the Adelaide and suburban comp?

Partly correct I believe.
Pirates are a bunch of disgruntled (with the club) North Haven guys who have decided to form their own separate club. Are in the process of applying for PDCA which is looking promising.

Apparently, however, North Haven themselves are over A&SCA and are also exploring the option of moving to PDCA.. don't know how much truth to it all, just word on the street.

Sort of surprised this made it on here. I got told by one of my best mates about us looking at going to the PDCA in a snapchat message lol. That mate is actually the founder of the co-founder of the Peninsula Pirates, and to say he talks rubbish is a complete understatement. It was an idea he came up with while he was off work with a shoulder injury which he sustained playing cricket for North Haven. I'm actually very surprised that the Peninsula Pirtates idea has got this far.

There are no disgruntled North Haven cricketers lookiing to move as far as I'm aware. We're in footy mode at the moment so cricket isn't even in the thought process.

I missed our first committee meeting for the upcoming season two Wednesdays ago. As far as I know there has been no chat about looking to go to the PDCA, I'm unaware of this apparent move. As Vice President I will have a say in it.

Please take the Peninsula Pirates idea with a grain of salt.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10297 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby carey » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:04 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Not sure if its been covered? A new club called the Peninsula Pirates based down the port look to be joining. Would it be from some disgruntled Nth Haven lads sick of traveling South in the Adelaide and suburban comp?

Pirates are a bunch of disgruntled (with the club) North Haven guys who have decided to form their own separate club. Are in the process of applying for PDCA which is looking promising.

Apparently, however, North Haven themselves are over A&SCA and are also exploring the option of moving to PDCA.. don't know how much truth to it all, just word on the street.

Sort of surprised this made it on here. I got told by one of my best mates about us looking at going to the PDCA in a snapchat message lol. That mate is actually the founder of the co-founder of the Peninsula Pirates, and to say he talks rubbish is a complete understatement. It was an idea he came up with while he was off work with a shoulder injury which he sustained playing cricket for North Haven. I'm actually very surprised that the Peninsula Pirtates idea has got this far.

There are no disgruntled North Haven cricketers lookiing to move as far as I'm aware. We're in footy mode at the moment so cricket isn't even in the thought process.

I missed our first committee meeting for the upcoming season two Wednesdays ago. As far as I know there has been no chat about looking to go to the PDCA, I'm unaware of this apparent move. As Vice President I will have a say in it.

Spewing I wanted to join this rebel outfit for my comeback, sounds right up my alley.
carey
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:12 pm

carey wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Spewing I wanted to join this rebel outfit for my comeback, sounds right up my alley.
Haha!

It's pretty much the pipe dream of two blokes who never got their own way at our club and thought they were bigger than the club.

Our club has a brilliant culture and many of the blokes have been there for years so I find it hard to see them dropping everything to join this rebel outfit. Wouldn't think that the old boys from the D grade premiership team this season or our A grade team from last season which is all pretty close after winning the section 2 flag two seasons ago would be joining the new club, we all think it's a bit of a joke to be honest.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:15 am

The Dark Knight wrote: That mate is actually the founder of the co-founder of the Peninsula Pirates.

Does this mean he's the father of the co-founder of the Pirates? ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Informer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:37 am

Is he related to the Paralowie Pirates?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby carey » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:50 am

The_Informer wrote:Is he related to the Paralowie Pirates?

Arrrrrr me Bucking earrrrrrrrrr
carey
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:05 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote: That mate is actually the founder of the co-founder of the Peninsula Pirates.

Does this mean he's the father of the co-founder of the Pirates? ;)
Typo lol.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:07 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I saw it all on Facebook TDK so it must be true :lol:
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:19 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Sort of surprised this made it on here. I got told by one of my best mates about us looking at going to the PDCA in a snapchat message lol. That mate is actually the founder of the co-founder of the Peninsula Pirates, and to say he talks rubbish is a complete understatement. It was an idea he came up with while he was off work with a shoulder injury which he sustained playing cricket for North Haven. I'm actually very surprised that the Peninsula Pirtates idea has got this far.

I was sceptical when I first heard about the proposed idea, so I just contacted someone on the PDCA exec direct to ask if there was any truth to the rumours.. the answer back was (quote)"

"Peninsula Pirates maybe in PDCA, along with maybe North Haven and the multicultural team the Jets had last year. Pirates want to leave North Haven and North Haven are sick of having to travel South."

AGM documents haven't come out for PDCA yet though, if there is any chance of these sides joining it has to be voted at the AGM, and they'll need to provide lists of possible players, so guess we will know more in coming weeks..

I also know this "Pirates" side have asked a couple of Enfield lads about playing, and I believe the left over players from the now defunct Magill Morialta are looking to jump on board as well.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:23 am

The Bedge wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Sort of surprised this made it on here. I got told by one of my best mates about us looking at going to the PDCA in a snapchat message lol. That mate is actually the founder of the co-founder of the Peninsula Pirates, and to say he talks rubbish is a complete understatement. It was an idea he came up with while he was off work with a shoulder injury which he sustained playing cricket for North Haven. I'm actually very surprised that the Peninsula Pirtates idea has got this far.

I was sceptical when I first heard about the proposed idea, so I just contacted someone on the PDCA exec direct to ask if there was any truth to the rumours.. the answer back was (quote)"

"Peninsula Pirates maybe in PDCA, along with maybe North Haven and the multicultural team the Jets had last year. Pirates want to leave North Haven and North Haven are sick of having to travel South."

AGM documents haven't come out for PDCA yet though, if there is any chance of these sides joining it has to be voted at the AGM, and they'll need to provide lists of possible players, so guess we will know more in coming weeks..

I also know this "Pirates" side have asked a couple of Enfield lads about playing, and I believe the left over players from the now defunct Magill Morialta are looking to jump on board as well.

Fair enough then, guess we'll find out soon enough.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:15 am

Their proposed oval is Jubilee oval on Bartley Tce. I don't count that as being on the peninsula anyway
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby The Informer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:21 am

Croydon did there finest work on that oval!
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Arch44 wrote:Their proposed oval is Jubilee oval on Bartley Tce. I don't count that as being on the peninsula anyway
Correct on both accounts Arch.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:47 pm

PDCA should go hard at enticing all the churches clubs and any northern adel & suburban club like Nth Haven. Over the years they've lost clubs to the Barossa and turf cricket. Would be good to bolster numbers
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Not many they can approach haha!

Adel Lutheran - ATCA / ASCA
Athelstone - ATCA
Desi - They'll fold
Magill - Fold
Never2Late - PDCA maybe but more likely to fold
Para Vista - PDCA
Rose Park - TVCA
Pashtun - Fold
VHP - Fold

Realistically only Para Vista and Never2Late they could acquire.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:20 pm

The Bedge wrote:Not many they can approach haha!

Adel Lutheran - ATCA / ASCA
Athelstone - ATCA
Desi - They'll fold
Magill - Fold
Never2Late - PDCA maybe but more likely to fold
Para Vista - PDCA
Rose Park - TVCA
Pashtun - Fold
VHP - Fold

Realistically only Para Vista and Never2Late they could acquire.

Cant remember which one, but either N2L or Desi asked me about a contact for joining Adelaide and Suburban. Was couple months ago though.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby moriachi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:01 pm

What happened to Two Wells last year? They didn't have a team or they move comps?
moriachi

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 12 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps