Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Postby stan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:
locky801 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:McGovern wants out?
Any truth to this?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/cro ... 4zl1t.html

Let him go, to the Gold Coast Suns :D :D sorry bud you signed a contract, you stick to it or yep we let you go somewhere not to your choice

He has to agree to the trade so that won't work
Club can refuse to trade him as well. So that contract he signed will make things interesting.

Although if a buyer offers the right price the crows could be tempted.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:55 pm

Whose the last club to not find a trade of any sort for a bloke who wanted out.

Can’t think of any club that has made a bloke languish in the two’s to prove a point

Admittedly I haven’t researched this but rather off the top off the head, closest I can think is Bryce Gibbs but he got his trade of choice the next season
Last edited by whufc on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:56 pm

whufc wrote:Whose the last club to not find a trade of any sort for a bloke who wanted out.

Can’t think of any club that has made a blood languish in the two’s to prove a point

Admittedly I haven’t researched this but rather off the top off the head, closest I can think is Bryce Gibbs but he got his trade of choice the next season

Cam McCarthy
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:15 pm

So they have a whole radio station covering the trade period with the cretins Mclure Barratt Browne Ralphy Kornes all digging for dirt and only now its told Mcgovern wanted out? Yeah right.

More chance of Jeremy signing with the Crows imo
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:37 pm

Was thinking the exact same thing. Trade period and off season talk going nuts and they only find out now he’s annoyed as he was lied to and wants out?

Tonight the rumours have since been slammed by his Management.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:46 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Also explains Betts and Jacobs poor form too, Its the first time ive seen names linked to the pre season training camp issues.

Reckon Betts “Poor form” largely has more to do with the fact he’s pushing 32 years of age and can barely kick 37-38 metres now. He was showing signs of slowing a tad late last year. Notice how he doesn’t even have a ping at the sticks now when he’s at 40 or more out and looks to dish it off every time?It’s because he can’t kick that far anymore where as in years gone by no problems.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:48 pm

FYI I’m not defending the Crows atm we are terrible. Even when we were 6-3 there were worrying signs. Very unsettled and very underdone.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:24 am

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:He recently signed a 3 year contract. This is most like click bait to irk people. I haven't read the article but I bet there's a "Good source" involved and probably that "good source" has led him to believe something.

It might also be his understanding as well after speaking to his "Good source".

If the article has any truth to it though McGovern has every right to be pissed at the club and if I was him I’d be walking
I'm suggesting based on the author that there is more flop and truth based on a good source of course in which I was led to believe and is my understanding.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:32 am

Interesting that he has backed up the claims this morning and "100% he wont be at the Crows next year"
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 am

Dutchy wrote:Interesting that he has backed up the claims this morning and "100% he wont be at the Crows next year"

Roll out the hatred.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 am

Dutchy wrote:Interesting that he has backed up the claims this morning and "100% he wont be at the Crows next year"

McClure gets thrown plenty of bones by some of the influential player managers. He is usually around the mark when it comes to player movements.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby hawks21 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Jim05 wrote:

McClure gets thrown plenty of bones by some of the influential player managers. He is usually around the mark when it comes to player movements.

Throw enough darts at a dart board and one will eventually hit the bulls eye.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:20 pm

hawks21 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

He doesn’t get much else right but his player movement stuff is often legit. He went with the Hodge to Brisbane stuff weeks before it happened and got slammed for it. As I said player managers leak stuff to certain people in the media quite often
Jim05
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:40 pm

hawks21 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Their rep is on the line with this sort of stuff, not something he would take lightly.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Dutchy wrote:
hawks21 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Their rep is on the line with this sort of stuff, not something he would take lightly.

Not only has he made the claim he's kept running with it and is certain of it. Will be egg on his smug little punch me ******* hard ******* face if he's wrong. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Jim05 wrote:
hawks21 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

He doesn’t get much else right but his player movement stuff is often legit. He went with the Hodge to Brisbane stuff weeks before it happened and got slammed for it. As I said player managers leak stuff to certain people in the media quite often

Bit strange then that Govs manager comes out last night and denies he is on the move or seeking a trade.
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:26 pm

The Gov. The Fog. Careful, only need one of them to be The Future. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:32 pm

MW wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
hawks21 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="Dutchy"]Interesting that he has backed up the claims this morning and "100% he wont be at the Crows next year"

Bit strange then that Govs manager comes out last night and denies he is on the move or seeking a trade.[/quote]
What do you expect his manager to say?
I don’t know of any manager that would come out now and declare their player doesn’t want to be there next year.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Well, seems like McClure has got himself a mole inside the doors at the swamp. Two big stories that he seems to have some confidence surrounding the truth of them.

So, whodunnit?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SEN newsman Sam McClure says the personal and emotional pressure Adelaide put star forward Eddie Betts through on their preseason camp was “unthinkable.”

Betts kicked just three goals from his first four games of 2018, and the SEN Time On host believes that isn’t a coincidence after the Crows’ preseason program.

"They’ve got this unfathomable situation with Eddie Betts, who hasn’t been happy there for sometime because of what happened at the training camp,” McClure told SEN Breakfast.

“What happened on that camp...it's unthinkable that they would do that to anyone.

“It’s too personal and Eddie doesn’t want it spoken about and Eddie is not the only one that had some really unfair, emotional pressure, that has nothing to do with football, put on him.

“It affected him for weeks. You wonder why he only kicked three goals in his first four games.

“He is still getting over it, his family is still getting over it.

“One day, if Eddie wants the full story to come out, then that football club should be ashamed with what they put him through.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:36 pm

So then Adelaide and or the player are in a no win situation when these stories are released
MW
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL