Adelaide Crows 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Could've sworn he ran with this story a couple months ago as well about Betts?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:38 pm

Heard him (Betts) on the radio this morning.
Far from convincing in telling us he’s happy at the club & that “Leading Teams” had been good for him.
This’ll come out sooner rather than later.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5477 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:41 pm

I recall hearing Betts wasn't allowed to get in touch with his then pregnant wife who was only a few weeks from having twins, which in itself seems odd.

Now there's suggestions of cultural disrespect ( for want of a better term ) towards the indigenous members of the group.

They've certainly closed ranks on any discussion of the camp in the media. Wonder why?

Given the way the injury news has been perceived by the media and the fans for that matter, perhaps this could be an opportunity to be a little transparent and gain some faith back from the supporter group by talking about the program and how the players have dealt with it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:43 pm

Spargo wrote:Heard him (Betts) on the radio this morning.
Far from convincing in telling us he’s happy at the club & that “Leading Teams” had been good for him.
This’ll come out sooner rather than later.

They went into "The Mankind Project" run by the company "Collective Minds".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Pyke "Really, the mind controls the body" :lol:

In the video

http://www.collectivemind.com.au/

Why are they in their guernseys?

Jenkins... :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:54 pm

He also went with the story Brad Crouch was gone and wouldn’t re-sign
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby hawks21 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:05 pm

Dutchy wrote:
hawks21 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Interesting that he has backed up the claims this morning and "100% he wont be at the Crows next year"

McClure gets thrown plenty of bones by some of the influential player managers. He is usually around the mark when it comes to player movements.

Throw enough darts at a dart board and one will eventually hit the bulls eye.

Their rep is on the line with this sort of stuff, not something he would take lightly.

Bullsh1t, journo's always run with unconfirmed stories for clickbait or radio ratings etc. They get around it by saying 'i have heard' or 'sources tell me' rather than it's 100% true and i bet my house on it type statements.

What doesn't add up is Gov was getting big offers from Freo, Collingwood etc but decided to stay for less at the Crows. If now for some reason the offer was that bad, why did his manager advise him to sign at the time?

Also, the Crows got slammed in the media for a couple of months regarding this alleged training camp. Why does he feel the need to regurgitate the story again a few months later? #clickbait
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:13 pm

Because he is an irrelevant piece of dog poo
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:14 pm

hawks21 wrote:Bullsh1t, journo's always run with unconfirmed stories for clickbait or radio ratings etc. They get around it by saying 'i have heard' or 'sources tell me' rather than it's 100% true and i bet my house on it type statements.

What doesn't add up is Gov was getting big offers from Freo, Collingwood etc but decided to stay for less at the Crows. If now for some reason the offer was that bad, why did his manager advise him to sign at the time?

Also, the Crows got slammed in the media for a couple of months regarding this alleged training camp. Why does he feel the need to regurgitate the story again a few months later? #clickbait

Might have said to him do you want money over success and now "The Gov" is looking at 6-6 and his super and thinking he made the wrong choice?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby hawks21 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Booney wrote:
hawks21 wrote:Bullsh1t, journo's always run with unconfirmed stories for clickbait or radio ratings etc. They get around it by saying 'i have heard' or 'sources tell me' rather than it's 100% true and i bet my house on it type statements.

Might have said to him do you want money over success and now "The Gov" is looking at 6-6 and his super and thinking he made the wrong choice?

Maybe but reckon you would make that call mid way through next season if things haven't improved. Especially with a long term injury!
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:17 pm

helicopterking wrote:Straight swap for Lycett at Seasons end.

Lycett in advanced talks with the Eagles. Wont be going anywhere
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:23 pm

hawks21 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Maybe but reckon you would make that call mid way through next season if things haven't improved. Especially with a long term injury!

I don't, as such I don't believe it, but as Dutchy notes if you become irrelevant in the football media for talking shit you pretty quickly have to find another way to pay the bills.

Thinking outside the square maybe Lynch has told Collingwood he's off to Richmond and Collingwood are all in to get McGovern?

There has to be a chain of events. ( If it is indeed true ).
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:40 pm

Booney wrote:
hawks21 wrote:
Booney wrote:

I don't, as such I don't believe it, but as Dutchy notes if you become irrelevant in the football media for talking shit you pretty quickly have to find another way to pay the bills.

Thinking outside the square maybe Lynch has told Collingwood he's off to Richmond and Collingwood are all in to get McGovern?

There has to be a chain of events. ( If it is indeed true ).

Hawks are eyeing up both McGoverns IMO.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Trader » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:33 pm

hawks21 wrote:What doesn't add up is Gov was getting big offers from Freo, Collingwood etc but decided to stay for less at the Crows. If now for some reason the offer was that bad, why did his manager advise him to sign at the time?

Theory is that Gov was told that's all he could get in the cap, was happy to "take a hit" so to speak to keep the group together and push again for a flag.

Shortly after signing at what Gov felt was unders, the Crows announce the signing of Gibbs, on more than what Gov accepted.

Gov is apparently unhappy and felt he was mislead.

----------

Having said that, between the Gov and Gibbs signings, Leaver and Cameron left apparently (I haven't checked exact timings), which freed up the cash for Gibbs.

----------

If Gov, Sloane and Lynch all walk, the crows could be setting themselves up for a red hot crack at the 2022 flag.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby reppoh_eht » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:18 pm

Trader wrote:
hawks21 wrote:What doesn't add up is Gov was getting big offers from Freo, Collingwood etc but decided to stay for less at the Crows. If now for some reason the offer was that bad, why did his manager advise him to sign at the time?

Theory is that Gov was told that's all he could get in the cap, was happy to "take a hit" so to speak to keep the group together and push again for a flag.

Shortly after signing at what Gov felt was unders, the Crows announce the signing of Gibbs, on more than what Gov accepted.

Gov is apparently unhappy and felt he was mislead.

----------

Having said that, between the Gov and Gibbs signings, Leaver and Cameron left apparently (I haven't checked exact timings), which freed up the cash for Gibbs.

----------

If Gov, Sloane and Lynch all walk, the crows could be setting themselves up for a red hot crack at the 2022 flag.

Roo came out this morning and said that Gibbs is on less than Gov... So makes a mockery of the whole story IMO.
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:37 pm

Yes there is a lot of "Ive heard" or "maybe he will leave" rumour mongering, however this one is very different, he is assuring everyone things are not well at the AFC and Gov won't be there next year, its pretty rare that journalists go all in on stories like this without giving themselves an "out"
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:48 pm

Did I hear right that Betts now wants to get back to Victoria in any capacity he can?
Geezus, some serious shit must have gone down. :shock:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:58 pm

Wedgie wrote:Did I hear right that Betts now wants to get back to Victoria in any capacity he can?

They're a happy team at crowville.....
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Did I hear right that Betts now wants to get back to Victoria in any capacity he can?

They're a happy team at crowville.....

Yet it’s only taken 5 months for the media to catch on since the incident. He went through a “form slump” and then returned playing some good footy. Now he has to get out of West Lakes as fast as he can whilst fulfilling all his media commitments in the mean time. This is better than reading The Advertiser and listening to 5aa. Not saying things are roses but I guess at least you’re in the right state for AFL nuffies.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby carey » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:05 pm

I was told it was more to do with the way the club treated Govs best mate David Teague. (Last years forward line coach got the ass) but apparently will be seeking a trade at years end.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2807 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL