South v Adelaide Sunday 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

South v Adelaide Sunday 1410

Postby DOC » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pm

mmmmmm

A Message from the CEO
Dear DOC,

What a fantastic result on Monday at Unley Oval!

This Sunday, South Adelaide take on the Adelaide Crows at Hickinbotham Oval from 2:10pm in our annual White Ribbon match.

It is fair to say that matches against the Crows SANFL team across the competition have been poorly attended.

We might have a problem on our hands if each of their all-time high 82,699 passionate members flew as one to Hickinbotham Oval. I think we'd be content if only 4,000 of them made the journey.

But what we really need is you, the Panthers faithful to show your colours and turn up on Sunday and support our league team.

While some have been philosophically opposed to the Crows being in the competition, and have voted with their feet, we need to move beyond this as the only damage it really does is to your club, South Adelaide.

Game day ticket, food and beverage, membership and merchandise sales, as well as foot traffic through Jimmy Deane's are all vital revenue streams for us to maintain a sustainable club and continue to improve our product on the field.

While it is healthy for the game for opposition fans to support their team playing away, what we truly want is Panthers supporters at the game on Sunday! It would be great if you could bring a mate as well, even if they are a Crows supporter and haven’t been to a SANFL game since 1991.

So we'll even shout you two extra tickets to bring along friends, family, or Crows supporters to the match.

Simply fill out this form before close of business Friday, June 15 and we'll leave two complimentary passes at the gate for you to collect on Sunday.

SANFL football remains an excellent spectacle and the Panthers with a mix of experience heads such as Joel Cross, Nick Liddle and Keegan Brooksby and burgeoning young talent have us well positioned at the half way mark of the season.

Hickinbotham Oval does provide a unique football experience such as watching the game from your car, honking your horn after a goal and kicking the footy on the oval during the breaks. That is if you can pull the kids away from the free jumping castle and playgrounds!

All of that said, I'll see you at the footy.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: South v Adelaide Sunday 1410

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:00 pm

I got the same email, freaking gold. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:51 pm

Great stuff...also playing a junior SFL game as a curtain raiser which should ensure a couple of hundred more thru the gates.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby DOC » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:36 pm

Who is it Dutchy?
DOC
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:57 pm

DOC wrote:It is fair to say that matches against the Crows SANFL team across the competition have been poorly attended.

Noooo! Say it ain't so!

While some have been philosophically opposed to the Crows being in the competition, and have voted with their feet, we need to move beyond this as the only damage it really does is to your club, South Adelaide.
Game day ticket, food and beverage, membership and merchandise sales, as well as foot traffic through Jimmy Deane's are all vital revenue streams for us to maintain a sustainable club and continue to improve our product on the field.

So go to the club and buy a meal some time when the rubbish is not playing, or order some merchandise online. Steer your coin into the club through clean revenue streams. Do nothing which condones the illegitimate sides.

While it is healthy for the game for opposition fans to support their team playing away, what we truly want is Panthers supporters at the game on Sunday! It would be great if you could bring a mate as well, even if they are a Crows supporter and haven’t been to a SANFL game since 1991.
So we'll even shout you two extra tickets to bring along friends, family, or Crows supporters to the match.

I'm sure the Crows fans would be appreciative; receiving a free ticket to a game in which they already get free entry. Or has that changed?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Michael » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:31 pm

Its a standard email to members . The club isn't stupid enough to think people will just rock up for a meal if no game is played. Why wouldn't a club promote that when a game is on ? As much most dont agree with the AFL clubs being in the competition (im one) , why punish the SANFL club by boycotting it .I would imagine some would buy merchandise online as its how many people buy now. Most go to the shop first however.
South can have that luxury of that Email as they voted no however also have a very small supporter base . South are not in a great financial position so you cant blame them , Centrals will do the same I feel soon. Be good if all clubs did but that is not a good look . Or is it ?

Its a good message to their members but Id rather see South survive by people attending games than boycotting their club.
Michael
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:49 pm

Michael wrote:Its a standard email to members . The club isn't stupid enough to think people will just rock up for a meal if no game is played. Why wouldn't a club promote that when a game is on ? As much most dont agree with the AFL clubs being in the competition (im one) , why punish the SANFL club by boycotting it .I would imagine some would buy merchandise online as its how many people buy now. Most go to the shop first however.
South can have that luxury of that Email as they voted no however also have a very small supporter base . South are not in a great financial position so you cant blame them , Centrals will do the same I feel soon. Be good if all clubs did but that is not a good look . Or is it ?

Its a good message to their members but Id rather see South survive by people attending games than boycotting their club.
Wasnt one of the benefits of these cockheads in the league was to promote the game against the real clubs?

Then why the **** is the bones of your arse SAFC marketing team compiling a message to it's members trying to get people to attend?

Those conglomerate marketers must be too busy deflecting all those knives being thrown at the by AFL media with a medical room fuller than the dancefloor of a Hindley St nightclub and blokes looking to leave everywhere you look!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Michael » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:03 pm

heater31 wrote:
Michael wrote:Its a standard email to members . The club isn't stupid enough to think people will just rock up for a meal if no game is played. Why wouldn't a club promote that when a game is on ? As much most dont agree with the AFL clubs being in the competition (im one) , why punish the SANFL club by boycotting it .I would imagine some would buy merchandise online as its how many people buy now. Most go to the shop first however.

Wasnt one of the benefits of these cockheads in the league was to promote the game against the real clubs?

Then why the **** is the bones of your arse SAFC marketing team compiling a message to it's members trying to get people to attend?

Those conglomerate marketers must be too busy deflecting all those knives being thrown at the by AFL media with a medical room fuller than the dancefloor of a Hindley St nightclub and blokes looking to leave everywhere you look!

Yes it was but I was simply replying to a post . Its not a hard task to send an Email . No idea what your last sentence means.. Im just replying to what I have read. I have no time for the AFL clubs in the competition , I am just looking at the bigger picture.
Michael
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby DOC » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:12 pm

heater31 wrote:

Without repeating/posting from the game against them just 4/5 weeks ago. there were 640 fans through the gates. and we lost about 8k. No atmosphere etc equals a small spend day. Who the feeyouceekay wants to play against someones reserves?

We don't have many supporters and playing these games costs us big time. BTW , there is no marketing team. Neil Sharpe does the lot.
DOC
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 pm

DOC wrote:Who is it Dutchy?

Not sure, think I saw Reynella 13's are playing, we played before them last year, was good to experience the oval a few weeks before the GF
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby blueandwhite » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:42 am

Anyway....
Looking forward to seeing 4000 Crows members stretch our catering capabilities to the limit. The Crows sanfl side is about as popular as a turd in a swimming pool to their 81000 membership.
South missing a couple of promising 18 yo youngsters, Krueger & Fitt though injury and suspension, but Brooksby, Liddle and Cross tore the Blues a new one last Monday and will be too much for the Crows blow ins.. Panthers in a canter.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:03 am

I love that South told the AFL to **** off
I wish North did.
I love that South are indignant towards the Crows
I wish North was
If I didn’t love North I’d have an affair with South :D
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby DOC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:48 pm

blueandwhite wrote:Anyway....
Looking forward to seeing 4000 Crows members stretch our catering capabilities to the limit. The Crows sanfl side is about as popular as a turd in a swimming pool to their 81000 membership.
South missing a couple of promising 18 yo youngsters, Krueger & Fitt though injury and suspension, but Brooksby, Liddle and Cross tore the Blues a new one last Monday and will be too much for the Crows blow ins.. Panthers in a canter.

Can add Coleman to that list, playing State U18s.

I think Scott Taylor may take his place, with the other two spots going to Fairlie and Helyar. Three small ins may be ok given the weather.
DOC
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:58 pm

I won't be attending...mostly cause I don't venture that far south as I value my safety and that of my possessions.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby DOC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Your'e more likely to get burnt at Richmond or have a CEO requisition your cash
DOC
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:13 pm

DOC wrote:Your'e more likely to get burnt at Richmond or have a CEO requisition your cash

I don't go there either mate :lol:
MW
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:18 pm

Where do you go then to support your SANFL club?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Spargo wrote:Where do you go then to support your SANFL club?

I don't get to any footy these days, SANFL or AFL. Too much on with work and kids.
MW
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:27 pm

MW wrote:
Spargo wrote:Where do you go then to support your SANFL club?

I don't get to any footy these days, SANFL or AFL. Too much on with work and kids.

So your post about not travelling south to the game for safety reasons was just a red herring then.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby another grub » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:30 pm

South should send the ravens an invoice for 4,000 tickets. Would love to see the look on those smug arrogant pricks faces :oops: :oops:
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 432 times
Been liked: 402 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL