Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:19 am

Wedgie wrote:Fridays off!

No pub till at least lunch time as I have to drop the daughter off at the airport, could be time for a film or two .

How's the website traffic going today, do I need to pull the puppet's strings again? :lol:

Way to go admin. Setting an excellent standard. =D>
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:23 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Fridays off!

No pub till at least lunch time as I have to drop the daughter off at the airport, could be time for a film or two .

How's the website traffic going today, do I need to pull the puppet's strings again? :lol:

Way to go admin. Setting an excellent standard. =D>

Absolutely, been promoting more traffic on the site since 2003, started with one member then!
We've come a long way since, very proud. :)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:38 am

The site only started in 2005.

So you must've been talking to yourself for 2 years, which surprises none of us
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:42 am

Footy Chick wrote:The site only started in 2005.

The groundwork started elsewhere earlier. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:43 am

Wedgie wrote:

Footy SA died a sudden death and you had this started a week after.

Good story but...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:45 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Footy SA died a sudden death and you had this started a week after.

Good story but...

Wasn't talking about Footysa, mind you FootySAs was far from a sudden death, they'd had issues for quite a while.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:19 am

Serious question Wedgie, how is traffic on here compared to say the last couple of years.

I did a quick check and I’d say at least half of the top 40 posters on here (those with mote than 10,000 posts), either don’t post anymore or rarely post, I.e. less than say one post a week on average.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:41 am

johntheclaret wrote:Serious question Wedgie, how is traffic on here compared to say the last couple of years.

I did a quick check and I’d say at least half of the top 40 posters on here (those with mote than 10,000 posts), either don’t post anymore or rarely post, I.e. less than say one post a week on average.

I dont know exact figures mate, its now on Diss's server now, when it used to be on my server I could check those stats pretty quickly and even see what parts of the world people posted from, it used to go up every year.
I'm rarely on a computer these days but if f I get some time later today Ill have a play and see what I can find out.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:33 pm

Wedgie wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:Serious question Wedgie, how is traffic on here compared to say the last couple of years.

I dont know exact figures mate, its now on Diss's server now, when it used to be on my server I could check those stats pretty quickly and even see what parts of the world people posted from, it used to go up every year.
I'm rarely on a computer these days but if f I get some time later today Ill have a play and see what I can find out.

Had a look but admin panel doesnt have any stats, Diss would need to have a look in his servers cpanel to find figures, sorry mate.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Had a look but admin panel doesnt have any stats, Diss would need to have a look in his servers cpanel to find figures, sorry mate.

No worries, it was just a question in passing. Cheers anyway.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Blind Freddy could see that traffic is well down on what it used to be all across the board.

The ammo's board used to be an absolute mecca all week, every week, now it's a ghost town.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Blind Freddy could see that traffic is well down on what it used to be all across the board.

The ammo's board used to be an absolute mecca all week, every week, now it's a ghost town.

Numbers will probably show it's not dropped off much. Unfortunately the server can't detect the quality of the posting, the quality of the posters or who it is that drives the negative side of the posting on here.

Lots of good posters have been lost to the site through various means, unfortunate, but I guess they grew tired of immaturity and inconsistency.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Quality has gone up big time, no nasty personal arguments on here like there used to be, usually just some fun these days.
Most posters gone have made the place a much better place and for every moron that left on the whole they've been replaced by 2-5 better posters.

I'm unsure about the numbers. Obviously the SANFL forum has gone backward big time since the AFL sides entered the comp but the AFL and General Discussion board as well as talk on other sports seems to be on the rise since the old days. Never really frequented the Ammos so couldn't comment on any changes in there.

I think the rise of Facebook has had a big influence to online forums but it hasn't been as noticable here as much as I've noticed it elsewhere.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Interesting observations from Boon & Wedgie. As a relative newbie I can't make comparisons to the "good old days" so is quality of posts/topics up or down?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1277 times
Been liked: 3476 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby MW » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Corona Man wrote:Interesting observations from Boon & Wedgie. As a relative newbie I can't make comparisons to the "good old days" so is quality of posts/topics up or down?

That depends if Crows or Port lose ;)
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:17 pm

Booney wrote:
Numbers will probably show it's not dropped off much. Unfortunately the server can't detect the quality of the posting, the quality of the posters or who it is that drives the negative side of the posting on here.

Lots of good posters have been lost to the site through various means, unfortunate, but I guess they grew tired of immaturity and inconsistency.

Dunno, I remember spending the first hour each day perusing the recently posted in threads, wrap it up in 5 or 10 minutes nowadays.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:20 pm

MW wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Interesting observations from Boon & Wedgie. As a relative newbie I can't make comparisons to the "good old days" so is quality of posts/topics up or down?

That depends if Crows or Port lose ;)

True, and guilty as charged.

How about some of the broader topics, outside bagging each others teams?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1277 times
Been liked: 3476 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:21 pm

I can also say from moderating in the old days we had to regularly delete comments, quite often several daily, these days its lucky to be one a month. Hardly any bannings these days compared to the old days too, and the only ones these days are for people regisering under new names that had previous names banned.
Can't even remember the last banning because of behaviour. People in here these days are much more mature, in the old days there was even threats laid by people to other people.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Dunno, I remember spending the first hour each day perusing the recently posted in threads, wrap it up in 5 or 10 minutes nowadays.

Yep, there's forums I could remove from my index and I wouldn't miss them.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:28 pm

Dont need the SANFL forum anymore
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11833 times
Been liked: 3593 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion