Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:25 am

MW wrote:spoiler alert

sorry, I thought you knew.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:30 am

Wedgie wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Home sick today. My first sickie in about 3 years I reckon. Even with Foxtel daytime TV sucks.

I survive with my media centre on which you can basically watch anything ever made. Rarely turn on Foxtel during the day.

Speaking of, have to turn the media centre off and get out of bed soon, got a 3 hour working day starting soon! Luckiky having yesterday off and tomorrow off makes it easier to get through.

Where do you work?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:41 am

Brodlach wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Home sick today. My first sickie in about 3 years I reckon. Even with Foxtel daytime TV sucks.

I survive with my media centre on which you can basically watch anything ever made. Rarely turn on Foxtel during the day.

Speaking of, have to turn the media centre off and get out of bed soon, got a 3 hour working day starting soon! Luckiky having yesterday off and tomorrow off makes it easier to get through.

Where do you work?

Good question as I get around!
In Dining today, hopefully its like Monday as that was fun. Gets busy but goes quick. Doing some voluntary work in town afterwards too.
Front bar dragged big time on Tuesday.
Back to gaming on Saturday.
Speaking of.... shower time!
Have a good day/night all! :)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Johno6 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:12 pm

wedgie posts like a 16 year old girl who just got her first job at sports girl....

I love the enthusiasm!
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Johno6 wrote:wedgie posts like a 16 year old girl who just got her first job at sports girl....

I love the enthusiasm!

So he works with you?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Johno6 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:18 pm

hes my boss
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:46 am

The self service checkouts at shopping centres.

I always use them because they are handy, but I have a tendency of leaving the money in the dispenser when I try to take money out at the same time.

On this occasion I took money out to give to a work colleague today so I didn't realize until I got to work.

No doubt the disrespected moron will let me know of my stupidity when I tell her.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:33 am

Two teams left in the office sweep, Iceland and Germany.
My turn and I pull Iceland out.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:37 am

:shock: Feelings, getting them when you least expect it

Ain’t got time for that
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:The self service checkouts at shopping centres.

I always use them because they are handy, but I have a tendency of leaving the money in the dispenser when I try to take money out at the same time.

On this occasion I took money out to give to a work colleague today so I didn't realize until I got to work.

No doubt the disrespected moron will let me know of my stupidity when I tell her.

Mrs Claret told me they had self service checkouts at the supermarkets now. I don’t know how they work though.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:11 pm

2:37 am and still wide awake posting in the “things that give you the shits” thread

I think my insomnia is getting worse. :(
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:18 pm

johntheclaret wrote:2:37 am and still wide awake posting in the “things that give you the shits” thread

Not good mate, must be awful.
My son's sleeping patterns are all over the shop but at least he obly has tp worry about work once a week.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby tipper » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:23 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

Mrs Claret told me they had self service checkouts at the supermarkets now. I don’t know how they work though.

seeing as you are a married man i would have thought you would know all about self service....
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Wedgie wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:2:37 am and still wide awake posting in the “things that give you the shits” thread

Not good mate, must be awful.
My son's sleeping patterns are all over the shop but at least he obly has tp worry about work once a week.

It is awful. There’s only Australian forums awake at this time of day ;) :lol:

As long as I get a couple of hours, it’s usually enough. And when I do eventually nod off Mrs Claret says she has to keep nudging me as I stop breathing.
Just have to make sure I don’t piss her off :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:26 pm

tipper wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

seeing as you are a married man i would have thought you would know all about self service....

It’s a handy thing to know ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:41 pm

I was awake after three AM last night.

Reason: exams.

Not taking them; marking them. More to the point, boggling at the utter stupidity of people you have lectured to for half a year, only to find that they have learned SFA by the end of it. How can anyone sit in an exam for three hours and submit an untouched answers file at the end of it?

Perhaps their teacher was crap...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Pseudo wrote:

Not taking them; marking them. More to the point, boggling at the utter stupidity of people you have lectured to for half a year, only to find that they have learned SFA by the end of it. How can anyone sit in an exam for three hours and submit an untouched answers file at the end of it?

Dealing with more and more Gen Y'ers or Z'ers through work these days, what you say does not surprise me one bit.
22 year olds with double degrees who would struggle to tie their own shoe laces still.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby helicopterking » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:15 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Dealing with more and more Gen Y'ers or Z'ers through work these days, what you say does not surprise me one bit.
22 year olds with double degrees who would struggle to tie their own shoe laces still.

Double degrees and unemployed. Can't handle they don't walk into a 90k+ job and don't want to do the yards.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:29 am

Pseudo wrote:

You look tired ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:52 am

helicopterking wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Double degrees and unemployed. Can't handle they don't walk into a 90k+ job and don't want to do the yards.

That’s western edumacation for a western society, sadly.
Me, left school before 16, 4 years as an apprentice mechanical engineer which translates into 4 years shit wages. Then went into industry before doing a 4 year post grad in Industrial Management whilst holding down a full time job as I had to pay for my own degree course.

They were tough times.

Well all we had it tough. I used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with me tongue. I had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when i got home, me Dad would slice me in two with a bread knife.

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.
johntheclaret
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion