2018 Broadcast Coverage

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2018 Broadcast Coverage

Postby Big Phil » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:40 pm

Gozu wrote:Two SANFL games on Channel 7 this weekend is that right?

TV guide says Norwood vs Glenelg on Sat and Port vs Sturt on Sunday.

Yes, they are doing 2 games each weekend later in the year as well.

I think it's Round 14,17 and 18
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:30 pm

Interesting to note Queendland Rugby is going to have a match on Foxtel each week (on Wednesday nights) and streams all games live free.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby goddy11 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Wedgie wrote:Interesting to note Queendland Rugby is going to have a match on Foxtel each week (on Wednesday nights) and streams all games live free.

I am surprised the SANFL did not try Foxtel. There are a lot of minor sports on there to use as fill in programs. I would like them to pursue maybe putting the MOTD on indigenous TV and perhaps getting Gov funding to cover production costs.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:46 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Interesting to note Queendland Rugby is going to have a match on Foxtel each week (on Wednesday nights) and streams all games live free.

I am surprised the SANFL did not try Foxtel. There are a lot of minor sports on there to use as fill in programs. I would like them to pursue maybe putting the MOTD on indigenous TV and perhaps getting Gov funding to cover production costs.

May be they could fund it by putting some SA tourism ad's on foxtel. Win for the Gov and Foxtel, they can use the money to off set production costs and fill time slots, especially on their fox footy channel.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Gozu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:56 pm

If the Foxtel Cup didn't survive after a couple of years featuring aussie rules teams from all over the country I doubt they would be much interested in showing SANFL games who would only appeal to people in SA. For Foxtel QLD is a much larger market and I do believe a lot of rural QLDers have Foxtel too adding to the appeal. Also I'm pretty sure rugby out rates AFL on Foxtel too.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:02 pm

Gozu wrote:If the Foxtel Cup didn't survive after a couple of years featuring aussie rules teams from all over the country I doubt they would be much interested in showing SANFL games who would only appeal to people in SA. For Foxtel QLD is a much larger market and I do believe a lot of rural QLDers have Foxtel too adding to the appeal. Also I'm pretty sure rugby out rates AFL on Foxtel too.

I think you're confusing Rugby and Rugby League mate.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL