Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:32 pm

David Brent wrote:
morell wrote:Excellent write up again Boon.

Personally I loved seeing Westhoff deeper. With Marshall and Dixon, that's a headache and we exploited it on numerous occasions.

Big concern for me is Travis Boak. He's getting to good places but I honestly think I'm a better kick than him at the moment and that's saying something.

To me Boak appears to have lost that 1-2% of speed/agility. He is in the right spot every time but he just got knocked/caught as he tried to dispose of it last night so often. Still thought he played well though.

I'd prefer to see him floating from the half forward flank and then drifting down back against the breeze or when opposition get the jump on us. His presence is valuable out there still.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby helicopterking » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:52 pm

Maybe Boak could sacrifice his game and be the run with or defensive mid. It could take Port to the next level, similar to what Cotchin did.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:02 pm

helicopterking wrote:Maybe Boak could sacrifice his game and be the run with or defensive mid. It could take Port to the next level, similar to what Cotchin did.

Probably not fast enough to tag any player that you'd need to to tag.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dirty dog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:01 pm

The way everyone is describing Trav at the moment sounds a lot like a past player we had. Slow, tagger and can’t kick more than 30m. Can’t think of that players name though,can anyone help?
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby helicopterking » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Maybe Boak could sacrifice his game and be the run with or defensive mid. It could take Port to the next level, similar to what Cotchin did.

Probably not fast enough to tag any player that you'd need to to tag.

You can still play a defensive mid role. Lay 6+ tackles, more contested footy, clearances, shut down the oppositions best clearance player. Don't try get 30 touches and be a goal kicking mid.
Vital for team success, someone has to do it so you can let the likes of Gray,SPP, Wingard, Rockliff,Polec move the ball forward and play more offence.
Example, Geelong when Danger,Selwood and Ablett are in there together, no one plays defence and they get hurt. That's why Duncan,Kelly and S.Selwood when fit are vital.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:45 pm

ok
Brodlach wrote:
UK Fan wrote:26000 on a Thursday night

Is this the Lowest crowd at Adelaide oval for an afl game ??

Last thing I like to do is stick up for Port but horrid conditions pregame and expected to get worse.

Only time you say anything is when there is an ordinary crowd, haven’t heard your bleating for ages.

#backunderyourbridge. #dickinyourass

#dickinyourass ???

Are you Adam hueskes ???
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Any injuries to the Power last night? Will they play Watts/Neade Sunday with a 5 day break into FNF?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Ive had it on good authority that Wingard had a sook to Kenny couple weeks ago about not getting as much midfield time as hed like. Kenny listens and puts him in the midfield and Bingo. Who said Kenny cant coach :D
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:44 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Ive had it on good authority that Wingard had a sook to Kenny couple weeks ago about not getting as much midfield time as hed like. Kenny listens and puts him in the midfield and Bingo. Who said Kenny cant coach :D

Really? That's great that Chad wants to go in the guts, he certainly gets first hands on the pill very often.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Ive had it on good authority that Wingard had a sook to Kenny couple weeks ago about not getting as much midfield time as hed like. Kenny listens and puts him in the midfield and Bingo. Who said Kenny cant coach :D

Really? That's great that Chad wants to go in the guts, he certainly gets first hands on the pill very often.

He needs to with his attitude. On a very short fuse with alot of players there
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Ruben Carter » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:15 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Oh Right. Who's this "good authority", Stephen Rowe? Cut the BS and name your source. Otherwise, no credibility at all
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:40 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Oh Right. Who's this "good authority", Stephen Rowe? Cut the BS and name your source. Otherwise, no credibility at all

Im not naming my source, its not for a public forum, those that know me would have a fair idea who the source might be
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Sam Jacobs
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Chad having a sook? Don;t believe it
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Port Adelaide 2018

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:13 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Ive had it on good authority that Wingard had a sook to Kenny couple weeks ago about not getting as much midfield time as hed like. Kenny listens and puts him in the midfield and Bingo. Who said Kenny cant coach [emoji1]

I can vouch for Daisy’s source and it’s very smart of him not to out him
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bertiebeatle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:28 pm

I worry Chad is the one that can upset our great chemistry around the club. Otherwise, very happy that he is wanting to play in the middle rather than sit in a forward pocket all day. Has shown his worth since he has moved in there and if not for Wines, would have just about 2 BOG's. Good win last night and to get some percentage certainly helps as we need to gain a bit more should we challenge for the top 4. Can't see any changes next week but we will know come Sunday anyway as i can't see Watts or co playing if they are in line to play next Friday night. In a good spot, i thought if we go 3-1 after the bye we would be set up for a top 4 finish. 2-1 at the moment, really keen for next Friday night. Melbourne's midfield will match it with ours and they play well at AO so going to be a very good test for the boys. Get that W and I will start to believe
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Ruben Carter » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Really? That's great that Chad wants to go in the guts, he certainly gets first hands on the pill very often.[/quote]

He needs to with his attitude. On a very short fuse with alot of players there[/quote]
Oh Right. Who's this "good authority", Stephen Rowe? Cut the BS and name your source. Otherwise, no credibility at all[/quote]
I can vouch for Daisy’s source and it’s very smart of him not to out him[/quote]

OK. Well I've heard crap written before about Wingard, from "reliable sources" and I know him and his family personally - there is a lot of misguided and inaccurate reporting on social media about him that verges on slander. So unless the source is named, I for one am not buying any of it.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:24 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:Really? That's great that Chad wants to go in the guts, he certainly gets first hands on the pill very often.

He needs to with his attitude. On a very short fuse with alot of players there[/quote]
Oh Right. Who's this "good authority", Stephen Rowe? Cut the BS and name your source. Otherwise, no credibility at all[/quote]
I can vouch for Daisy’s source and it’s very smart of him not to out him[/quote]

OK. Well I've heard crap written before about Wingard, from "reliable sources" and I know him and his family personally - there is a lot of misguided and inaccurate reporting on social media about him that verges on slander. So unless the source is named, I for one am not buying any of it.[/quote]

Why so then you can know who the source is and still not believe it anyway
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby stan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:30 pm

That thing with quotes hey.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Ruben Carter » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:25 pm

whufc wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:Really? That's great that Chad wants to go in the guts, he certainly gets first hands on the pill very often.

OK. Well I've heard crap written before about Wingard, from "reliable sources" and I know him and his family personally - there is a lot of misguided and inaccurate reporting on social media about him that verges on slander. So unless the source is named, I for one am not buying any of it.[/quote]

Why so then you can know who the source is and still not believe it anyway[/quote]
Just a little thing called credibility
Ruben Carter
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL