World Cup 2018

The World Game

Re: World Cup 2018

Postby LMA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Bully wrote:thats my point also benny. we dont see any football well "soca" fans on this forum going over to AFL threads or SANFL threads and saying - i watched one game and its trash or its a panzy sport and im going home to tell my son he wont be playing that sport again after last nights game.

Like go troll other threads...

It's a massive tournament that our country is represented in of course you are going to get occasional watchers commenting on various formats. We hold sportsmanship in high regard in this country and for the ad hoc watcher it's frustrating seeing other nations exploitation of the rules. BTW Bully my post was highly exaggerated about telling my lad he is not playing anymore after France's theatrics, I encourage him to play fair and leave the BS antics of the game alone
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Bully » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:53 pm

is there a need for AFL supporters to come here and troll is my point really ?

you dont see any of us over in the port adelaide threads saying that its crap, or hanging shit on the club like the port adelaide fans have missing teeth and hang out in the alberton hotel all day looking for a hand out....No
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby morell » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Every soccer fan ever:

"Soccer doesn't get enough coverage"
"Treated unfairly in the media"
"Don't get the same funding"
"Australians dont support it"

Casual or non fans:

"Hey maybe it's because of this"

Also every soccer fan ever:

"Piss off if you don't like it!!!"
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby LMA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:59 pm

Like I said Bully, the World Cup is only every 4 years you are going to get your occasional watcher commenting on here, Twitter etc.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Bully » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:59 pm

comment, dont troll.
Bully
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:00 pm

Real strong performance by the Aussies!!

I dont buy the we didn’t defend well, there all star line up literally only had 1-2 clear cut chances. Realistically for the talent we had on offer that’s an amazing team effort

We have left ourselves as a genuine chance to get through, destiny is our hands, 6 points we are in, 4 points we are a big chance to be in.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:01 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Bully wrote:so back to the topic -

Messi and his penalty miss :lol:

How good were Iceland too

The mini matches on Optus sport are awesome. 3 min highlights aren’t enough to get the flow of the game and I wouldn’t have spent the 6 hours to watch the other games overnight, but watching the 25 min mini matches was perfect

Can see mini matches coming in to all sports coverages a lot more in the next 5-10 years.
whufc
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:01 pm

i think we will get done by denmark
Bully
Coach

Postby morell » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:02 pm

bennymacca wrote:
morell wrote:I said "if that's the case" in response to Jim you pelicans

I have faith that they can remove the "simulation" - it was a priority a little while back if I can recall.

The hilarious thing it’s in afl too. But I don’t hear you not wanting to follow the power anymore when one of the worst joined your team over the off season

In AFL serial divers are pariahs, not hero's.

Also, the consequences of a cheap dive in afl could be what, 3% of the score? In soccer it's more often that not 50%-100%

Soccer's greatest strength (low scoring increasing the drama and intrigue) is also it's greatest weakness.

That's the point. It could be awesome and unlike Rugby bring the whole Nation together. But it's hamstrung by this issue.
morell
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:02 pm

World Cup makes me doing closes at work so much quicker as we have Optus Sports at our pub.
Caught 3 games last night.
Was first time ever at my pub that a Crows game was of secondary interest. Only two 80 year old women wanted the AFL on.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby morell » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:07 pm

bennymacca wrote:
morell wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Bully wrote:thats my point also benny. we dont see any football well "soca" fans on this forum going over to AFL threads or SANFL threads and saying - i watched one game and its trash or its a panzy sport and im going home to tell my son he wont be playing that sport again after last nights game.

Like go troll other threads...

Happens with sanfl fans bagging the afl and with the women’s footy too.

Plenty of people just can’t ignore a game they supposedly don’t care about

You really lack reading comprehension when you're emotional

And you lack the emotional ability to not start arguments on every single thread including ones you supposedly don’t care about
having alternative points of view isn't starting an argument. Most people are capable of alternating discourse without getting pissy. You just cant handle the notion of someone not agreeing with you.

I've never once said I don't care about Soccer or the world cup. You're bringing your own baggage to this carousel.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:09 pm

mighty hounds wrote:

I have faith that they can remove the "simulation" - it was a priority a little while back if I can recall.

its simple. Don't stop the game for injuries. and if you do they cant come back on for 10 minutes. Yellow card and suspend serial divers. And I would also suggest not having penalties for fouls in the box or take them further out

Morell, it’ll never be stamped out. Hasn’t been stamped out in a 100 years it won’t be stamped out within 5mins.

I like that 10 minute off rule but the problem with this being a World game it’ll be hard to change the rule with all the dodgy pricks around the sport, especially the ones who play act the most and that’s everyone!!

Yeah I understand that, but I would never want to see the national Australian side revert to such bullshit. Which is what Jim was suggesting.
morell
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:10 pm

morell wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

The hilarious thing it’s in afl too. But I don’t hear you not wanting to follow the power anymore when one of the worst joined your team over the off season

In AFL serial divers are pariahs, not hero's.

Also, the consequences of a cheap dive in afl could be what, 3% of the score? In soccer it's more often that not 50%-100%

Soccer's greatest strength (low scoring increasing the drama and intrigue) is also it's greatest weakness.

That's the point. It could be awesome and unlike Rugby bring the whole Nation together. But it's hamstrung by this issue.

Ummm it already does bring the nation together

You call it the sports weakness, now you do understand how many people world wide watch the game, how many play the game etc. Obviously the world doesn’t see it as big a weakness as Morrell does.

Do you think maybe that what the AFL does is a weakness and why the sport can’t even become the most popular sport in every state of the only country it’s played in

It cracks me up that AFL fans think they know what makes a great sport and that we need them to like the sport we are passionate about
whufc
Coach

Postby morell » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:18 pm

I also said strength. I don't want to increase scoring. I want to eliminate scoring due to bullshit.

It doesn't have to bring the nation together, no, but I think that's the one thing missing from our social sporting landscape.

There is such potential there. It's frustrating.
morell
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:22 pm

morell wrote:I also said strength. I don't want to increase scoring. I want to eliminate scoring due to bullshit.

It doesn't have being the nation together, no, but I think that's the one thing missing from our social sporting landscape.

You don’t think it brings the nation together.......... have you got your blinkers on
whufc
Coach

Postby RB » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:23 pm

Could people please stop referring to the sport of Aussie Rules as 'AFL'?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:25 pm

Your suggesting the biggest and most successful sport on earth changes it way to win over a few beef head Aussie Rules fans.

Do you understand how stupid that sounds? You understand the rest of the world is in love with the game?
Last edited by whufc on Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby morell » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:26 pm

whufc wrote:
morell wrote:I also said strength. I don't want to increase scoring. I want to eliminate scoring due to bullshit.

It doesn't have being the nation together, no, but I think that's the one thing missing from our social sporting landscape.

You don’t think it brings the nation together.......... have you got your blinkers on

It brings soccer fans together. I don't think it ingratiates itself amongst the rest of the population as much as it could.

Might I add - soccer fans being hyper sensitive doesn't help.

Criticise footy all you like, **** illt probably join you!
morell
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:28 pm

You need a new hobby morrell, or a good root. You need something!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby morell » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:30 pm

whufc wrote:Your suggesting the biggest and most successful sport on earth changes it way to win over a few beef head Aussie Rules fans.

Do you understand how stupid that sounds? You understand the rest of the world is in love with the game?
] Biggest and most successful Sport is highly debatable.

And there is always room for improvement!

I also don't really care about what Uzbekistan and Urguguay are doing, that doesn't affect me. The Australian sporting landscape, does. So all of that is kind of moot.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer