North v Centrals Sunday 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: North v Centrals Sunday 1410

Postby Philby Ramone » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:49 pm

Hey Rooster people - what happened to The Roost? I can’t access the site

Also, what was up with the bald umpire today? Was he Roy Lairds brother. Never gave a North free.
Philby Ramone
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Grenville » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:04 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Grenville wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Grenville wrote:A few silly mistakes the only difference. Caught up with a bloke I went to school with 25 years ago, a good lad and a good day had. Getting stuck under the grog van at the southern end when North kick a goal is an experience. Good value.

There's a van there too? Surely Skeff Bar is enough.
Who has the breeze in the last war?

The bar/van was good value. Good company and a passionate bunch of supporters around it. The comp will only be better with lads (and one ladette) supporting it. They deserve their win, enjoyed being there.

How could you mistake a van for a bar?
I'm at a bar atm but never die one moment did I think it could drive me home. :lol:

bar ego ad bibendum aut van
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Groucho » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:46 pm

Philby Ramone wrote:Hey Rooster people - what happened to The Roost? I can’t access the site

Also, what was up with the bald umpire today? Was he Roy Lairds brother. Never gave a North free.

Are you serious? Were you even at the same game you had a great run from the Green Boogers especially in the first quarter.! :evil:
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:48 pm

North 27 frees for 26 against.
Home ground advantage!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Grenville » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Wedgie wrote:North 27 frees for 26 against.
Home ground advantage!

Didn't want to mention it but the only reason you won was the disgraceful bias of the umpires. That one more free cost us the game.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Mic » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:02 pm

Dogs seemed to get a lot more frees in front of goals, but overall it was not a great day for the umps (there were many occasions when both sides seemed to be confused when the whistle went and a free was given, which is never a good sign).
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Groucho » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Mic wrote:Dogs seemed to get a lot more frees in front of goals, but overall it was not a great day for the umps (there were many occasions when both sides seemed to be confused when the whistle went and a free was given, which is never a good sign).

You're Joking!
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Philby Ramone » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:25 pm

Groucho wrote:
Philby Ramone wrote:Hey Rooster people - what happened to The Roost? I can’t access the site

Are you serious? Were you even at the same game you had a great run from the Green Boogers especially in the first quarter.! :evil:

Yes I was there but arrived half way through the 2nd quarter. During the third quarter The bald umpire seemed to pluck “Free Kick Centrals” out of nowhere. Those around me were constantly perplexed, as was I. From your comments I assume this was balanced by other umpires calling equally confusing frees in North’s favour. I did see a few that I thought should have gone against us (North) but they went our way.

Free kick count was even overall, so I assume just a poor day at the office from the umps that evened out in the wash.
Philby Ramone
Mini-League

Postby Philby Ramone » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:32 pm

Anyway- The Roost? Why can’t I get in?
Philby Ramone
Mini-League

Postby locky801 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:20 pm

Philby Ramone wrote:Anyway- The Roost? Why can’t I get in?

Is on holidays, went down in shock of the Roosters constant winning and no one complaining on there :D
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3699 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby pompy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:42 pm

Any idea how Tropiano is? I noticed he missed the 2nd half?
pompy
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby bulldogproud » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:31 am

Philby Ramone wrote:
Groucho wrote:

Yes I was there but arrived half way through the 2nd quarter. During the third quarter The bald umpire seemed to pluck “Free Kick Centrals” out of nowhere. Those around me were constantly perplexed, as was I. From your comments I assume this was balanced by other umpires calling equally confusing frees in North’s favour. I did see a few that I thought should have gone against us (North) but they went our way.

Free kick count was even overall, so I assume just a poor day at the office from the umps that evened out in the wash.

Yes, but at the 20 minute mark of the first quarter, the free kick count was: North 12, Central 1. Additionally, there were 3 25-metre penalties awarded against us during this time. This pretty much nullified our use of the breeze in the first quarter. It was always going to be tough after that.

Full credit to North though; they are definitely serious contenders this year. At the same time, I was pleased that our boys showed more heart this week than they had for about a month.

Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby goddy11 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:09 pm

I watched the game on digital. Centrals showed something but it seemed every time they scored North had that something extra. Was a good game to view.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby rocketeer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:46 pm

pompy wrote:Any idea how Tropiano is? I noticed he missed the 2nd half?

Hamstring tightness, so may play this week.
rocketeer
Rookie

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:05 am

A good win by North on the weekend in shit conditions - if you're to win the flag you need to win those scrappy contests.
Nine points was the margin, but North's defence meant that it felt like we were never going to bridge the gap, even when we were under a goal.
The other area where North benefited was the flukey goals they managed to kick, particularly out of the packs. If you're a struggling side, like we are at the minute, those are the goals that kill you - and also the ones that you don't seem to kick yourselves.
Great game from Travvy Schiller and I was happy with our endeavour. The guys are trying, they're just not up to it at the moment.
As usual, I enjoyed my sausage and onion sanga. It's always a treat visiting Prospect for that reason.
Good to see the Sri Lankan dancer at half-time. What a courageous lady to perform in that scenario.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby therisingblues » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:08 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:A good win by North on the weekend in shit conditions - if you're to win the flag you need to win those scrappy contests.
Nine points was the margin, but North's defence meant that it felt like we were never going to bridge the gap, even when we were under a goal.
The other area where North benefited was the flukey goals they managed to kick, particularly out of the packs. If you're a struggling side, like we are at the minute, those are the goals that kill you - and also the ones that you don't seem to kick yourselves.
Great game from Travvy Schiller and I was happy with our endeavour. The guys are trying, they're just not up to it at the moment.
As usual, I enjoyed my sausage and onion sanga. It's always a treat visiting Prospect for that reason.
Good to see the Sri Lankan dancer at half-time. What a courageous lady to perform in that scenario.

Yes, we had the same feeling when they beat us at Unley. I kept telling myself that it is "just one goal", but it could have been ten for all the penetration we were getting through that Red and White Wall.
They are looking a very strong chance for the flag, would have to be favourites ATM IMO.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Ian » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 pm

New URL as of the last couple of days, the old adress expired
http://roost.safooty.net/forum/ucp.php?mode=login

Considering we got the 1st 7 or 8 frees of the game that's surprising
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL