16%
Woodville South
5%
Smithfield
7%

Total votes : 85

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:23 am

The Bedge wrote:Anyway, moving on to far more important matters.. Bedge's BBQ Reviews - Round 10 edition!

the forum equivalent of "did someone say KFC"
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:26 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Where has all hell broken loose? Bit over-dramatic don't you think?

There's a rule on this forum, if there's a report, the details don't get discussed until after its been to tribunal.

You clowns should know that by now.

Clowns???, Gee that's a bit harsh, considering your the one who bought it up. Maybe someone like you, with your relationship with all at Thebby Oval, should've known maybe not to mention it in the first place? Just saying.........play on :D

It was meant as an affectionate term to all and sundry, except for you.

So a personal attack on me for questioning a topic you started......I don't know what your problem is with me but you obviously have one. I'm going to say what everyone else is too afraid to, it's either your way or the highway. Sorry but this is a public forum, that's right, PUBLIC. Not yours, so stop acting that way.

Rant over, lets all move on and play nice.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:28 am

Half Back Flanker wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Where has all hell broken loose? Bit over-dramatic don't you think?

There's a rule on this forum, if there's a report, the details don't get discussed until after its been to tribunal.

You clowns should know that by now.

Clowns???, Gee that's a bit harsh, considering your the one who bought it up. Maybe someone like you, with your relationship with all at Thebby Oval, should've known maybe not to mention it in the first place? Just saying.........play on :D

It was meant as an affectionate term to all and sundry, except for you.

So a personal attack on me for questioning a topic you started......I don't know what your problem is with me but you obviously have one. I'm going to say what everyone else is too afraid to, it's either your way or the highway. Sorry but this is a public forum, that's right, PUBLIC. Not yours, so stop acting that way.

Rant over, lets all move on and play nice.

Exactly, enough said on the matter for the interim, anything else will be removed.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:38 am

"Insert catchy headline here about Pulteney for review"

Unfortunately that's about as positive as it gets.. A Saturday morning trek out to the South Tce parkland, and Morgan Oval - a ground/area that has so much positive going for it (beautiful grounds, picturesque view, brilliant playground) when the weather is on the brighter, warmer side.. but also, so much equally against it.

Setting the scene, arrival at 9am for the C grade fixture, and in the back of my mind excited to potentially get one of the few car parks close to the ground - ALAS! I had forgot to factor in the school junior sport taking place, and therefore parking once again at a premium.. all good we know that's generally the case.

Trudging through the water sodden playground, where a couple of braved children tried to battle the tough conditions for a play still - god bless their cotton socks! Unfortunately their adventure time was quickly cut short as a large contingent of local inhabitants arrived and setup camp in the toilet cubicle space - intoxicated, drug influenced and quickly rowdy and aggressive, they quickly scared all and sundry away from the area.

This turned the away changerooms into the new public toilets for men, women and children, who dared not head to the playground. Unfortunate, would've been really disappointing had it been a beautiful day that children would feel unable to utilise the fantastic playground facilities. Anyway, no fault of the home club.

Open ground, windy as hell, freezing cold, rain came and went, watching balls sail over my head all day, slapped with the friendly banter from the Blues playing stocks for 8 quarters, copping friendly fire from team mates.. I was hating life.. my only saving grace - the thought of the hot BBQ that I could enjoy post game.. wondering what splendid proteins and nourishment combinations await.. I can only imagine its the same way soldiers feel about their loved ones when their on the front lines, that glimmer and reminder of love and hope that keeps them strong and battling on.

Weeeeelllll let me tell you!!!!

Arrival at the BBQ, limited selection of options available - that's ok if done right - not particularly well advertised either (your Arial, size 12 font on the bottom of a laminated A4 sheets which also outlines drink availability doesn't suffice). I promptly asked for the "Steak sandwich with the lot" - $6.. happily paid overs because I didn't want the change such was my anticipation and desperation for a lovely feed.

"The lot" - what a misleading statement... apparently "The lot" is just fancy college talk for ONION.

Two pieces of stone cold marinated minute steak - practically frozen - with a rasher of equally disappointing bacon, and topped with more cold onion precariously placed on an undersized hot dog bun. Informed I could add some of the grated cheese and a selection of their sauce options (tomato and bbq - not even any mustard!) Oh boy oh boy thank you, how generous!

None the less I soldiered on, trying to find an element of positivity at the abomination placed before me.. rain began to pour, no where to shelter from the elements, combined with a lack of seating options - after two games all I wanted to do was sit down and relax for a bit - and here I was chewing on this cold piece of steak thinking this would make an ideal dog chew toy.

Last year was a cheap Woolies snag, badly burnt and soaked in oil that had been sitting in the bottom of the tray, terribly over priced and served in stale bread.

Two trips to Blue land, twice disappointed. Firmly positioned as the worst catering in the amateur league.

Cant finish on those negatives though, must be some positives so here are my top 3:
1) Playground facilities are brilliant
2) Hot water in the change rooms were awesome - god send after playing in ice cold conditions
3) Your BBQ trailer setup is actually pretty cool - just a shame the rest is dog shit.

BBQ rating: 0/5
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:44 am

The Bedge wrote:"Insert catchy headline here about Pulteney for review"

Unfortunately that's about as positive as it gets.. A Saturday morning trek out to the South Tce parkland, and Morgan Oval - a ground/area that has so much positive going for it (beautiful grounds, picturesque view, brilliant playground) when the weather is on the brighter, warmer side.. but also, so much equally against it.

Setting the scene, arrival at 9am for the C grade fixture, and in the back of my mind excited to potentially get one of the few car parks close to the ground - ALAS! I had forgot to factor in the school junior sport taking place, and therefore parking once again at a premium.. all good we know that's generally the case.

Trudging through the water sodden playground, where a couple of braved children tried to battle the tough conditions for a play still - god bless their cotton socks! Unfortunately their adventure time was quickly cut short as a large contingent of local inhabitants arrived and setup camp in the toilet cubicle space - intoxicated, drug influenced and quickly rowdy and aggressive, they quickly scared all and sundry away from the area.

This turned the away changerooms into the new public toilets for men, women and children, who dared not head to the playground. Unfortunate, would've been really disappointing had it been a beautiful day that children would feel unable to utilise the fantastic playground facilities. Anyway, no fault of the home club.

Open ground, windy as hell, freezing cold, rain came and went, watching balls sail over my head all day, slapped with the friendly banter from the Blues playing stocks for 8 quarters, copping friendly fire from team mates.. I was hating life.. my only saving grace - the thought of the hot BBQ that I could enjoy post game.. wondering what splendid proteins and nourishment combinations await.. I can only imagine its the same way soldiers feel about their loved ones when their on the front lines, that glimmer and reminder of love and hope that keeps them strong and battling on.

Weeeeelllll let me tell you!!!!

Arrival at the BBQ, limited selection of options available - that's ok if done right - not particularly well advertised either (your Arial, size 12 font on the bottom of a laminated A4 sheets which also outlines drink availability doesn't suffice). I promptly asked for the "Steak sandwich with the lot" - $6.. happily paid overs because I didn't want the change such was my anticipation and desperation for a lovely feed.

"The lot" - what a misleading statement... apparently "The lot" is just fancy college talk for ONION.

Two pieces of stone cold marinated minute steak - practically frozen - with a rasher of equally disappointing bacon, and topped with more cold onion precariously placed on an undersized hot dog bun. Informed I could add some of the grated cheese and a selection of their sauce options (tomato and bbq - not even any mustard!) Oh boy oh boy thank you, how generous!

None the less I soldiered on, trying to find an element of positivity at the abomination placed before me.. rain began to pour, no where to shelter from the elements, combined with a lack of seating options - after two games all I wanted to do was sit down and relax for a bit - and here I was chewing on this cold piece of steak thinking this would make an ideal dog chew toy.

Last year was a cheap Woolies snag, badly burnt and soaked in oil that had been sitting in the bottom of the tray, terribly over priced and served in stale bread.

Two trips to Blue land, twice disappointed. Firmly positioned as the worst catering in the amateur league.

Cant finish on those negatives though, must be some positives so here are my top 3:
1) Playground facilities are brilliant
2) Hot water in the change rooms were awesome - god send after playing in ice cold conditions
3) Your BBQ trailer setup is actually pretty cool - just a shame the rest is dog shit.

BBQ rating: 0/5
If you read todays paper there might be better facilities in this precinct in future.....just need the NIMBYs to get the chip off their shoulder and it can go ahead....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:45 am

At least there's no way the beers could've be warm.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:50 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:At least there's no way the beers could've be warm.

As sad as it is.. I could only manage one beer - it was TOO cold :lol:

Not the beer itself, but the weather, couldn't hold on the can for more than a few moments without feeling like I was getting frost bite :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:55 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:At least there's no way the beers could've be warm.

As sad as it is.. I could only manage one beer - it was TOO cold :lol:

Not the beer itself, but the weather, couldn't hold on the can for more than a few moments without feeling like I was getting frost bite :lol:

Price check?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:58 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Price check?

$5.50 for a can. I bought a Super Dry and a XXXX for my team manager - not sure what other selections they had, I sent him to make the transaction.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:04 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Price check?

$5.50 for a can. I bought a Super Dry and a XXXX for my team manager - not sure what other selections they had, I sent him to make the transaction.

Should be capped at $5.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:26 pm

The Bedge wrote:If you are a person who believes this relates to you - then it probably does

I was certain it must have been me, until I re-read this bit...

The Bedge wrote:she

Phew!!!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Probably closing in on a holiday, so may as well continue getting things off my chest..

Umpires!

I am over these 5R umpires. I am happy to go back to club umpires, I don't care if they're cheats or miss things or whatever - I can deal with that, I can suck it up, at least the money is staying somewhat internally at a club for volunteers.

I have had it with substandard umpires, who are paid good money to do a shit job. I'm tired of having umpires abuse, berate, antagonise, sledge players and over react on some incidents.

I don't appreciate umpires providing their personal opinions on matters/players to players that is not appropriate in the game and I certainly don't appreciate umpires slagging off players to opposition players.

It's been a constant all season, and in recent weeks has been worse.. i'm over it, and if it happens moving forward, i'll do one of two things
a) Stop the game and walk off if we are playing away
b) Refuse to pay them if we are playing home.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Trader wrote:
The Bedge wrote:If you are a person who believes this relates to you - then it probably does

I was certain it must have been me, until I re-read this bit...

The Bedge wrote:she

Phew!!!

Sorry if I assumed your gender :lol: ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:45 pm

CBCOC 66.2 (18)
Lockleys 55.7 (16)
Pulteney 60.9 (14)
Kenilworth 57.7 (14)
Blackfriars 51.3 (12)

Woody Sth 51.9 (10)
Valleys 43.6 (6)
Smithfield 42.1 (6)
Heccies 41.0 (2)
Farmers 29.8 (2)

Well Hope Valley certainly put a chink in the Woody South quest for finals, it seems that 1st and 5th are set and those in between need to beat each other and not drop games to lower ranked teams to sort their pecking order out.

I can't see the bottom two picking up enough wins to stay in div 5 either now.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I can't see the bottom two picking up enough wins to stay in div 5 either now.

This week at Ingle Farm is massive - a Farmers win keeps some very very small glimmer of hope alive of staying up.. a loss rubber stamps their return to D6.

In other news, might be the attention seeking embarsement in me, but reading results Saturday night, and seeing Kenilworth magoos knock off CBC, I did have a bit of a wry smile and warm fuzzy feeling inside..

Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of stuck up, arrogant pricks.. maybe in future when you're kicking your 30th goal of the game against a basket case, bottom of the ladder side you wont continue to carry on and rub in the faces like you've just knocked off a genuine contender. #KarmaBus ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:53 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I can't see the bottom two picking up enough wins to stay in div 5 either now.

This week at Ingle Farm is massive - a Farmers win keeps some very very small glimmer of hope alive of staying up.. a loss rubber stamps their return to D6.

In other news, might be the attention seeking embarsement in me, but reading results Saturday night, and seeing Kenilworth magoos knock off CBC, I did have a bit of a wry smile and warm fuzzy feeling inside..

Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of stuck up, arrogant pricks.. maybe in future when you're kicking your 30th goal of the game against a basket case, bottom of the ladder side you wont continue to carry on and rub in the faces like you've just knocked off a genuine contender. #KarmaBus ;)

Shit, that came around quick.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Inallseriousness » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Morgan Oval, the coldest I’ve ever been at the footy ever in my life on Saturday. Glad I didn’t try the BBQ. The little shelter provided was welcomed but with no coach’s box I suppose it should be provided.

Not often I rant but maybe I was just frozen to the bone on Saturday but my beef is this....

We always invite opposition clubs in for a drink after every home game, we extend our hospitality, believe it is good to foster relationships after the battle and get to know opposition players and coaches. This gesture does cost money, probably money we could better spend on getting some recruits..... but we choose to do it to foster relationships. In round 1 our hospitality was greatly accepted by Pulteney, it was a hot day and I’m sure our cold beer provided went down a treat. In round 10, it was freezing cold but there was no extension of any hospitality to us, not even a beer or a little glass of Port or a hot chocolate or something to warm the insides.......absolutely nothing! It’s not the end of the world and we will continue to do it but maybe some clubs should consider not taking if they aren’t gonna give. Even with no actual clubrooms, think outside the square and come up with some extension of hospitality which would be appreciated. Rant over
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:23 pm

Inallseriousness wrote:Morgan Oval, the coldest I’ve ever been at the footy ever in my life on Saturday. Glad I didn’t try the BBQ. The little shelter provided was welcomed but with no coach’s box I suppose it should be provided.

Not often I rant but maybe I was just frozen to the bone on Saturday but my beef is this....

We always invite opposition clubs in for a drink after every home game, we extend our hospitality, believe it is good to foster relationships after the battle and get to know opposition players and coaches. This gesture does cost money, probably money we could better spend on getting some recruits..... but we choose to do it to foster relationships. In round 1 our hospitality was greatly accepted by Pulteney, it was a hot day and I’m sure our cold beer provided went down a treat. In round 10, it was freezing cold but there was no extension of any hospitality to us, not even a beer or a little glass of Port or a hot chocolate or something to warm the insides.......absolutely nothing! It’s not the end of the world and we will continue to do it but maybe some clubs should consider not taking if they aren’t gonna give. Even with no actual clubrooms, think outside the square and come up with some extension of hospitality which would be appreciated. Rant over

The positive is that you probably wont need to worry about going there in 2019, come back where we all get along and share our hospitality :D
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby Number4 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:25 pm

The Bedge wrote:Probably closing in on a holiday, so may as well continue getting things off my chest..

Umpires!

I am over these 5R umpires. I am happy to go back to club umpires, I don't care if they're cheats or miss things or whatever - I can deal with that, I can suck it up, at least the money is staying somewhat internally at a club for volunteers.

I have had it with substandard umpires, who are paid good money to do a shit job. I'm tired of having umpires abuse, berate, antagonise, sledge players and over react on some incidents.

I don't appreciate umpires providing their personal opinions on matters/players to players that is not appropriate in the game and I certainly don't appreciate umpires slagging off players to opposition players.

It's been a constant all season, and in recent weeks has been worse.. i'm over it, and if it happens moving forward, i'll do one of two things

Well Said! I agree totally.
Number4
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:Probably closing in on a holiday, so may as well continue getting things off my chest..

Umpires!

If you are looking for a holiday then instigating either a or b in your statement will see you most likely get a very long one - think the last team walk off seen each player get a minimum 4 games suspension, so I would counsel against that one

Have you reached out to the umpiring department to meet with them to discuss the issue?
Executive Member
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League