The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:01 pm

JK wrote:Commentator in Collingwood v Freo game speaking about Stefan Giro saying "Played with the Redlegs in the SANFL, in the reserves" F***ing Grrrrr!!! :evil:

He would have got it straight from his bio page:
The 18-year-old was a standout performer for Norwood at SANFL Reserves level, averaging 26 disposals, five tackles, five clearances while playing onball in 11 games.

I'm not sure what the problem is, didn't he ever play for Norwood's reserves?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Wedgie wrote:
JK wrote:Commentator in Collingwood v Freo game speaking about Stefan Giro saying "Played with the Redlegs in the SANFL, in the reserves" F***ing Grrrrr!!! :evil:

He would have got it straight from his bio page:
The 18-year-old was a standout performer for Norwood at SANFL Reserves level, averaging 26 disposals, five tackles, five clearances while playing onball in 11 games.

I'm not sure what the problem is, didn't he ever play for Norwood's reserves?

Cheers mate, way he said it I took it as a reference to the SANFL being a reserves comp, no problem if not
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Grenville » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:18 pm

therisingblues wrote:I love the game called football, hence there is a team that I follow. You'll also note that I have a SANFL side, this in spite of the infection of AFL reserves teams in our league.
I am unhappy about the way the game is being run, but I am not about to give it away altogether. I watch about 5 or 6 games of AFL a year.
Not sure what is being shown on Netflix, but I am old enough to remember a world that wasn't so plastic, and a game of football that was more about the game than a commercial side show. I'm not sure how much of all this is just a shit stir for you, but I often find that more avid fans of AFL than I are dissatisfied with the way the game is being run. Is this true for you as well, or are you genuinely sold on the shape of the game these days?

You watch a lot more AFL than I do lad, bar the GF I watched about 2 hours of AFL last year, an hour and a half at the Ventnor whilst drinking pints and only cause that's what they had on the box. Don't miss it at all.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby GMcG » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:18 am

Grenville wrote:
therisingblues wrote:I love the game called football, hence there is a team that I follow. You'll also note that I have a SANFL side, this in spite of the infection of AFL reserves teams in our league.
I am unhappy about the way the game is being run, but I am not about to give it away altogether. I watch about 5 or 6 games of AFL a year.
Not sure what is being shown on Netflix, but I am old enough to remember a world that wasn't so plastic, and a game of football that was more about the game than a commercial side show. I'm not sure how much of all this is just a shit stir for you, but I often find that more avid fans of AFL than I are dissatisfied with the way the game is being run. Is this true for you as well, or are you genuinely sold on the shape of the game these days?

You watch a lot more AFL than I do lad, bar the GF I watched about 2 hours of AFL last year, an hour and a half at the Ventnor whilst drinking pints and only cause that's what they had on the box. Don't miss it at all.

The Ventnor? Tsk tsk, the Dalrymple poos all over the Vent!
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Grenville » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:26 pm

GMcG wrote:
Grenville wrote:

The Ventnor? Tsk tsk, the Dalrymple poos all over the Vent!

I shall not hear of a harsh word spoken about any establishment in Port Vincent. A pox on you good sir.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby sib » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:51 am

Seriously this Ravens crap is getting old. They are the crows. Just like Port are power and not magpies and shouldnt be called magpies. Most of us crows supporters follow an SANFL club like I do with Norwood so that is why there is no support. I support both but most people wouldnt. The preference for me would be an AFL Reserves comp. This though would destroy the SANFL even more as the AFL clubs would need larger lists and where do you think they will get the players from. From the SANFL, WAFL NEAFL etc. This would destroy the SANFL even more as it would become nothing more than an amatuer league comp. So people wanting crows and port out be careful on what you wish for as it will happen soon and the SANFL will be worse for it all though crows and port will become better for it.
sib
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby MW » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:52 am

oh jesus...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:59 am

Rinse/repeat
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby stan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:07 pm

MW wrote:oh jesus...
Nah mate, he doesn't come here anymore
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:43 pm

sib wrote: So people wanting crows and port out be careful on what you wish for as it will happen soon and the SANFL will be worse for it all though crows and port will become better for it.

But the Crows were going to become better by having a team in the SANFL, now they will be better for being out of it????
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby therisingblues » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:42 pm

sib wrote:Seriously this Ravens crap is getting old. They are the crows............and blah- di- blah blah blah - di -blah
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:22 am

therisingblues wrote:
sib wrote:Seriously this Ravens crap is getting old. They are the crows.......blah blah di da blah....the team for all South Australians ......and blah- di- blah blah blah - di -blah
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:27 am

Ob la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra
La-la, how the life goes on
Ob-la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Here's one from last weekend.
A St Kilda assistant coach is also the Frankston VFL head coach. Sandringham (St Kilda's affiliate) played Frankston last weekend, Jack Billings dropped from the St KIlda seniors is allowed to run around and get 53 disposals.
Absolute joke the AFL and VFL as governing bodies would allow to sign off on this. Time to wind up the second tier WAFL, SANFL and VFL competitions.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby LMA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:27 am

johntheclaret wrote:Ob la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra
Ob-la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra

Leave the Beatles out of this JTC,
Tommy Roe's 'Dizzy' may be better suited
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby therisingblues » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:24 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:Here's one from last weekend.
A St Kilda assistant coach is also the Frankston VFL head coach. Sandringham (St Kilda's affiliate) played Frankston last weekend, Jack Billings dropped from the St KIlda seniors is allowed to run around and get 53 disposals.
Absolute joke the AFL and VFL as governing bodies would allow to sign off on this. Time to wind up the second tier WAFL, SANFL and VFL competitions.

Strewth, that's a real bad one.
Gee, you can really see Frankston's head coach encouraging his players to get out there and have a red hot go at shutting down Billings, right? :roll:
This case really illustrates just how low ranked the 2nd tier competitions are in the AFL's list of priorities.
People speaking on behalf of this organisation still manage to say with a straight face that they work to maintain the integrity of other competitions around Australia.
Maybe what we need now is a TRUE governing body, rather than having the commercial product governing itself. This would ensure a higher level of integrity than we are getting ATM. Any attempt to subvert such a system would then be recognised as good old honest corruption, rather than the current system where people just wave their hands in the air and say "Who gives a ****, the AFL can do what they want!".
If we allowed Coca-Cola to govern soft drink manufacturing do you think Schweppes, or Bickfords or Pepsi would be faring any better in that market than the SANFL or VFL is against the AFL?
It is no surprise that whenever someone suggests some sort of compromise from the AFL with the state leagues, someone else can answer with a smug "Do you REALLY think the AFL would allow THAT?!!"
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:38 pm

therisingblues wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:Here's one from last weekend.

Strewth, that's a real bad one.
Gee, you can really see Frankston's head coach encouraging his players to get out there and have a red hot go at shutting down Billings, right? :roll:
This case really illustrates just how low ranked the 2nd tier competitions are in the AFL's list of priorities.
People speaking on behalf of this organisation still manage to say with a straight face that they work to maintain the integrity of other competitions around Australia.
Maybe what we need now is a TRUE governing body, rather than having the commercial product governing itself. This would ensure a higher level of integrity than we are getting ATM. Any attempt to subvert such a system would then be recognised as good old honest corruption, rather than the current system where people just wave their hands in the air and say "Who gives a ****, the AFL can do what they want!".
If we allowed Coca-Cola to govern soft drink manufacturing do you think Schweppes, or Bickfords or Pepsi would be faring any better in that market than the SANFL or VFL is against the AFL?
It is no surprise that whenever someone suggests some sort of compromise from the AFL with the state leagues, someone else can answer with a smug "Do you REALLY think the AFL would allow THAT?!!"

In particular in regards to the last line, do you think the AFL clubs would let them set up a holistically-looking system that would work well for second tier leagues, and maybe impinge on the AFL clubs a little, like a few suggestions that have been made on this forum?
No chance in hell, so the clubs are essentially running "football", viewed from a wider perspective, but then seem to whinge that the AFL hierarchy is too dictatorial when they're talking about their small day-to-day inside-AFL-bubble squabbles.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby goddy11 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:58 pm

Another week and some of our talented players not playing SANFL because of being put into cotton wool for U18 championships.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby beef » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:14 am

goddy11 wrote:Another week and some of our talented players not playing SANFL because of being put into cotton wool for U18 championships.

Next week they play 2 games in 5 days so it's ok to give them a week off from playing (still training on saturday)
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby UK Fan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:41 pm

Thanks for calling a press conference on a Saturday at 3Pm whilst sanfl games are on crows.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL