Adelaide Crows 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:48 am

Booney wrote:You're one game out the 8 with 9 games to play! :lol:

Exactly, you would think we are a Carlton or St Kilda the way some are reacting :D
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby helicopterking » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:55 am

Beat WC in a fortnight and every media outlet will be saying the Crows are back.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:59 am

helicopterking wrote:Beat WC in a fortnight and every media outlet will be saying the Crows are back.

At 5 and 2 there was little said apart from how well the club was managing to perform with its injury toll and many putting the acid on Port.

Few bad weeks all the players want out and a camp is the reason for the worlds issues... spell me
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:59 am

The tiser is bleeding to write an Adelaide backs against the wall spread that talks about courage and blah blah blah.

They are bleeding for it Adelaide, just bleeding for it.

Poor old Rowey is in dispear. KG can't even talk and poor old Jars, he might cry soon.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:03 am

stan wrote:The tiser is bleeding to write an Adelaide backs against the wall spread that talks about courage and blah blah blah.

Poor old Rowey is in dispear. KG can't even talk and poor old Jars, he might cry soon.

:lol: Not sure what I am looking forward to more...if it happens and the spread appears, or the butt hurt on this site if it does!
Rowey was f..king hilarious on his spot with Kane on FootySA Sunday. When he threw his pen I lost it.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby JK » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:37 am

Rumour I heard about the training camp regarding Eddie is appalling, and makes Maclures comments more understandable .. Genuinely hope it's nothing more than idle gossip
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:54 am

JK wrote:Rumour I heard about the training camp regarding Eddie is appalling, and makes Maclures comments more understandable .. Genuinely hope it's nothing more than idle gossip

You enjoy dangling out carrots don’t you? :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby JK » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:59 am

mighty hounds wrote:
JK wrote:Rumour I heard about the training camp regarding Eddie is appalling, and makes Maclures comments more understandable .. Genuinely hope it's nothing more than idle gossip

You enjoy dangling out carrots don’t you? :lol:

Sorry mate, I'd imagine people have heard all sorts of things. This ones that bad you couldn't discuss it publicly unless it became publicly known. If true (hopefully not) the club is a disgrace, and if not, whoever started such scuttlebutt needs an uppercut (at minimum).
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby stan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:09 pm

MW wrote:
stan wrote:The tiser is bleeding to write an Adelaide backs against the wall spread that talks about courage and blah blah blah.

[emoji38] Not sure what I am looking forward to more...if it happens and the spread appears, or the butt hurt on this site if it does!
Rowey was f..king hilarious on his spot with Kane on FootySA Sunday. When he threw his pen I lost it.
Lol poor Rowey. Times have been tough for him.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:10 pm

I would not feel sorry for Rowey stan...people tune in to hear him go off on the same vein as people tuning into Kane for trolling the Crows. Playing everyone like a puppet.
5AA are the big winners.
MW
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:23 pm

Id rather talk about the crows than Rowey..... :D

I also cant stand these Chinese whispers about the 'camp', while the club admitted a few things will be changed and didn't have the intended result, I seriously doubt they would have mentally/emotionally abused the players like some suggest. The AFLPA would have been all over it in a very public manner. There was also no talk about this camp after we beat Richmond or Sydney (with a seconds side).
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Footy Smart wrote:Id rather talk about the crows than Rowey..... :D

I also cant stand these Chinese whispers about the 'camp', while the club admitted a few things will be changed and didn't have the intended result, I seriously doubt they would have mentally/emotionally abused the players like some suggest. The AFLPA would have been all over it in a very public manner. There was also no talk about this camp after we beat Richmond or Sydney (with a seconds side).

Perhaps the emotional toll is only just starting to wear those affected down? Perhaps, like many of us do, they've been dwelling on it and it's been slowly rising up within?

Whispers I've heard are quite confronting and nothing to do with football at all. It's interesting the club has been able to close ranks on the discussion about the program after the initial displeasure was voiced. I think, IIRC, it was a players wife/spouse who let the first bits of information out and Walker promptly messaged the group to desist ( he wouldn't have used that word ) discussing the program in public.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:29 pm

I have no problem with the captain of the club telling his teammates to keep discussions in house...as long as they are fixing the issues from what happened.
MW
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Booney wrote:

Perhaps the emotional toll is only just starting to wear those affected down? Perhaps, like many of us do, they've been dwelling on it and it's been slowly rising up within?

Whispers I've heard are quite confronting and nothing to do with football at all. It's interesting the club has been able to close ranks on the discussion about the program after the initial displeasure was voiced. I think, IIRC, it was a players wife/spouse who let the first bits of information out and Walker promptly messaged the group to desist ( he wouldn't have used that word ) discussing the program in public.

Perhaps not also ;) perhaps physically the toll has caught up with blokes who have had to take on a larger workload or not get the rest they need to manage niggles?

The injuries are well publicised, they are also entirely relevant in looking at the position we are in and not performing better. If we had a full list and were playing like we are then yes, I would suggest external issues may be at play. But we do show patches of what we are capable of.

Dont get me wrong im not an AFC apologist, they do plenty wrong and leave me shaking me head but im not buying into the internal crisis stuff.... yet :D
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:43 pm

MW wrote:I have no problem with the captain of the club telling his teammates to keep discussions in house...as long as they are fixing the issues from what happened.

The club has signed up for another year I believe, yes?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
Booney wrote:

Perhaps not also ;) perhaps physically the toll has caught up with blokes who have had to take on a larger workload or not get the rest they need to manage niggles?

The injuries are well publicised, they are also entirely relevant in looking at the position we are in and not performing better. If we had a full list and were playing like we are then yes, I would suggest external issues may be at play. But we do show patches of what we are capable of.

Dont get me wrong im not an AFC apologist, they do plenty wrong and leave me shaking me head but im not buying into the internal crisis stuff.... yet :D

Whether you say excuse or reason is irrelevant in my eyes, no club would be at the top of their game with 8-10 first choice players missing. The injuries have ruined your season, the camp/program has only added weight to the scuttlebutt around that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby cracka » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:51 pm

Remember the pre season camp talk was about the Melbourne players refusing to do one & how weak the players were. Haven't heard sh!t about that since they've been going alright.
Also remember some on here saying Goodwin is the worst coach going around. Haven't heard sh!t about that either since they've been going alright.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:51 pm

That’s the thing I’m nosy annoyed about. We have clearly had reasons to think our year would be not as we had hoped but the club has not handled the media scrutiny well at all - even though some of it is clearly rubbish
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:07 pm

Incorrect, the camp story broke in March, it seems now the media have dug out some more information about it.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:19 pm

cracka wrote:Remember the pre season camp talk was about the Melbourne players refusing to do one & how weak the players were. Haven't heard sh!t about that since they've been going alright.
Also remember some on here saying Goodwin is the worst coach going around. Haven't heard sh!t about that either since they've been going alright.

The Melbourne camp will be judged if and when they leave the September action. That's not yet come home to roost.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL