SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: AdFl Junior codes

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 31, 2018 1:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:SFL last year as a comparison was 18 games plus 4 weeks of finals.

Do they play before the seniors?

Correct
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 31, 2018 1:34 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Correct

Hence the difference.

There is simply no comparison when it comes to metro footy vs country-like comps, it's town vs town and all there on the one day.

Back in the CDFA days was 14's, 17's, B's then A's, all the other grades played on a Sunday, it was awesome when you were in one of the junior grades that played on a Saturday.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Had the pleasure of being a late inclusion as the runner yesterday in my lad's under 13 match.

During the 2nd quarter one of our players was lining up for goals and the opposition goal ump was waving his arms about and saying crap to put the lad off.

I yelled out to him "Hey mate, shut up and just do your job", the umpire heard me and then told him to stop it after the goal had been kicked.

The champion of a goal ump then told one of our officials that I had better watch out after the game........................classy stuff!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Sounds like the Trinity OS goal ump has moved to the juniors after been kicked out of the AdFL seniors! haha
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Trader wrote:Sounds like the Trinity OS goal ump has moved to the juniors after been kicked out of the AdFL seniors! haha

You know it could well be.

Last time we played the same team, he made a shocking call and one 60+ year old lady called out "couldn't you see that was touched?"

He replied with "Come and see if you can do a better job you old f****** mole"
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:42 pm

We had a "match day official" threaten to report one of our Dads to the club because he jokingly ran with the boundary umpire with an umbrella cause it was pissing down with rain. U14s... lol

Same f.wit had a go at my missus in Rd1 for not controlling people on the ground when she was the home ground official too.
Last edited by MW on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:09 pm

We had two absolute cracker umpires in U15, picked up everything and controlled the sling tackles very well
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Brodlach wrote:We had two absolute cracker umpires in U15, picked up everything and controlled the sling tackles very well

We've had three sets in a row that have been excellent, not that you'd think so standing near the parents, some people can't be pleased and so many think the umps have it in for them.

I generally sit by myself on the opposite side of the oval from everyone so I don't have to hear the incessant whinging, parents should shut up and only be allowed to applaud as they cannot learn to only encourage.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:32 pm

Brodlach wrote:We had two absolute cracker umpires in U15, picked up everything and controlled the sling tackles very well

I yellow carded a senior girl yesterday for a sling tackle....... the kicker being she slung her opponent by her piggy tail.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Corona Man wrote:

I yellow carded a senior girl yesterday for a sling tackle....... the kicker being she slung her opponent by her piggy tail.

Ouch
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:48 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Ouch

Yeah, and then this "bird".... I use the term lightly, says to me, what do you mean umpy, you never even saw it...... Err, I did that's why I am showing you this card!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

We've had three sets in a row that have been excellent, not that you'd think so standing near the parents, some people can't be pleased and so many think the umps have it in for them.

I generally sit by myself on the opposite side of the oval from everyone so I don't have to hear the incessant whinging, parents should shut up and only be allowed to applaud as they cannot learn to only encourage.

some parents shouldn't attend :(
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:54 pm

Executive Member wrote:some parents shouldn't attend :(

Yep
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pag » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I reckon I'll be doing the same when mine are old enough to play team sports. I've watched two of my nephew's Under 8s games this year and have walked away shaking my head both times at the reactions of some parents, in a grade where results don't even matter.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:27 am

Pag wrote:I reckon I'll be doing the same when mine are old enough to play team sports. I've watched two of my nephew's Under 8s games this year and have walked away shaking my head both times at the reactions of some parents, in a grade where results don't even matter.

Yep, it's a jungle out there, it turns good people into tools, I don't mind locking myself in for the goal umpiring gig for the season either, you'll cop a few wet days but no one will bother you, you get to watch your kid play uninterrupted and no one sits up either end at most grounds.

No club is exempt from these sorts.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:34 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Pag wrote:I reckon I'll be doing the same when mine are old enough to play team sports. I've watched two of my nephew's Under 8s games this year and have walked away shaking my head both times at the reactions of some parents, in a grade where results don't even matter.

Yep, it's a jungle out there, it turns good people into tools, I don't mind locking myself in for the goal umpiring gig for the season either, you'll cop a few wet days but no one will bother you, you get to watch your kid play uninterrupted and no one sits up either end at most grounds.

No club is exempt from these sorts.

I've come across these parents whilst coaching Under 6s this year, Under 6s!
In one case I actually asked the Ground Marshalls to go have a word to him it was that bad, not from my club thankfully
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:41 am

The Ash Man wrote:
I've come across these parents whilst coaching Under 6s this year, Under 6s!
In one case I actually asked the Ground Marshalls to go have a word to him it was that bad, not from my club thankfully

Quite often it's grandma that comes along for a game and thinks it's all about hurling shit at the umpire.

I've had some doozies where some big fat pig with an iced coffee in one hand and a donut in the other at 10:30am is telling me where I'm going wrong, it's like putty in the hands for the reply.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:50 am

The Ash Man wrote:I've come across these parents whilst coaching Under 6s this year, Under 6s!

Most of the parents we've come across this year have been really good, but we did have one over zealous parent from one team in the U7s who was pretty abusive - he was ripping shreds off his son - calling him a little f**k etc.. not sure what standard he expected of his son who was pretty undersized and timid for an U7 kid as it was, but I felt pretty sorry for the young lad.

Good kid too, proudly told me at the end of one quarter "that was my best quarter I've ever played!", I congratulated him and told him I thought he was really good.. just a shame his dad thought differently. :roll:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:57 am

The Bedge wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:I've come across these parents whilst coaching Under 6s this year, Under 6s!

Most of the parents we've come across this year have been really good, but we did have one over zealous parent from one team in the U7s who was pretty abusive - he was ripping shreds off his son - calling him a little f**k etc.. not sure what standard he expected of his son who was pretty undersized and timid for an U7 kid as it was, but I felt pretty sorry for the young lad.

Good kid too, proudly told me at the end of one quarter "that was my best quarter I've ever played dad!", I congratulated him and told him I thought he was really good.. just a shame his dad thought differently. :roll:

EFA ;)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:18 pm

I got to admit I use to be one of those ugly parents. Not at any of the players but more so at the senior umpires (not the kids). Thought it was right being a paying parent, how wrong I was. I’ve always encouraged the kids, from both teams, but the umpires use to get my back up. One in particular we would get week in week out. He didn’t like us and made it known so I returned the favour. Stupid me!

Today I encourage our team but just don’t say a word if possible. More just well done, Pats on the back at games end or clapping.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League