Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:39 pm

cennals05 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Victim blaming - ugh.

If I ever meet the person who made up that stupid phrase......

So it's OK if we blame you if your house gets broken into and you get raped? The person who did it, is not at fault at all then? After all you must be pretty stupid for sleeping in your own home alone.

Tell me who the F*** would tell someone who's been attacked in their own home from someone that's broken into their house, that it was their fault? :roll:

If someone drops their phone in a pool of pirhanas and sticks their hand in the pool to get the phone, is it victim blaming if we call them stupid for losing their hand?

Every event has its' own set of circumstances...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:39 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:I think HH3 used the term earlier "that's not real world thinking". I'll back that up.

You and HH3 still haven’t explained why your threshold for being too dangerous to walk is better/worse than anyone else’s. How can you possibly know.

Some people wouldn’t walk down hindley or even Rundle streets and would think anyone being out after dark “should be more aware of their surroundings”

I’m sure neither of you lads are that bad but what makes your threshold the correct one?

I've never been beaten up, raped or killed. It's working so far.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:41 pm

First thing the police said to me, while I was still spitting teeth out and getting checked over by the paramedics...

"It's very unsafe to travel on the bus at night alone. And never wear headphones. Always be aware of who is sitting around you."

I didn't think they were blaming me. I thought, hey, that makes sense.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:41 pm

cennals05 wrote:Well women are more likely to be raped or killed in their own homes, so walking around late at night is probably smarter than staying home.

That comment should win an award!!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:43 pm

HH3 wrote:First thing the police said to me, while I was still spitting teeth out and getting checked over by the paramedics...

"It's very unsafe to travel on the bus at night alone. And never wear headphones. Always be aware of who is sitting around you."

What the f*** would they know?
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby cennals05 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:48 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
cennals05 wrote:

So it's OK if we blame you if your house gets broken into and you get raped? The person who did it, is not at fault at all then? After all you must be pretty stupid for sleeping in your own home alone.

Tell me who the F*** would tell someone who's been attacked in their own home from someone that's broken into their house, that it was their fault? :roll:

If someone drops their phone in a pool of pirhanas and sticks their hand in the pool to get the phone, is it victim blaming if we call them stupid for losing their hand?

You once told me on this site that if my car got stolen then it would be my fault because it wasn't parked in a garage. That's not just as ridiculous?
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:48 pm

cennals05 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
cennals05 wrote:

You once told me on this site that if my car got stolen then it would be my fault because it wasn't parked in a garage. That's not just as ridiculous?

Do you often confuse apples with oranges?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:52 pm

In year 8, my discman got stolen from my bag.

Mum said it was my own fault for taking it to school when she told me not to.

Victim blaming!!!!!

Last edited by HH3 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:53 pm

cennals05 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
cennals05 wrote:

Dont recall that, but if you want to be the fourth person to shove something from 10 years ago in my face this week, then go for for it. I'm sure that whatever it was, that you've twisted my words like you have today.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:54 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
cennals05 wrote:You once told me on this site that if my car got stolen then it would be my fault because it wasn't parked in a garage. That's not just as ridiculous?

Dont recall that, but if you want to be the fourth person to shove something from 10 years ago in my face this week, then go for for it. I'm sure that whatever it was, that you've twisted my words like you have today.

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:55 pm

HH3 wrote:First thing the police said to me, while I was still spitting teeth out and getting checked over by the paramedics...

So you won’t take any bus at all at night alone? To me that’s incredibly risk averse.

I take the last train home all the time and walk along a poorly lit and isolated path to get home, but I like to think I take precautions like not having my headphones in. It’s also from past experience, I’ve basically never seen anyone else along that path. But it could easily happen in the future, we all take calculated risks

But all the same I don’t think it’s my fault if I get bashed just like I wouldn’t blame you for you doing the same.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:55 pm

Discman? Oh mate, my discman covered some miles with me. Still got it, Miss Boon now uses the cassette jack to play her Spotify through her tape deck in her car when we're out cruising.

I lost an Uncle when I was about 15, got left some money so purchased my Ricardo Viva Sport road bike, a state of the art speedo/odometer for the bike and a Sony discman.

The speedo gave up life just over 1000km's into my teenage cycling life and the discman was there almost every pedal of the way.

Good times.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:57 pm

bennymacca wrote:

So you won’t take any bus at all at night alone? To me that’s incredibly risk averse.

I take the last train home all the time and walk along a poorly lit and isolated path to get home, but I like to think I take precautions like not having my headphones in. It’s also from past experience, I’ve basically never seen anyone else along that path. But it could easily happen in the future, we all take calculated risks

But all the same I don’t think it’s my fault if I get bashed just like I wouldn’t blame you for you doing the same.

You mitigate the risk by not wearing headphones, by doing so you're acknowledging your role in the situation, are you not?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:59 pm

bennymacca wrote:

and here's the common-sense that is sadly lacking in todays world.

Footy Chick

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Footy Chick wrote:and here's the common-sense that is sadly lacking in todays world.

When I got a part time job at BP while studying, went over some of the rules such don't try and fight someone with a gun pointed at you etc.. when I replied that's just common sense, the response was "there is no such thing as common sense - everyone's interpretation of 'common sense' is different, therefore it can not exist" or something to that affect.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:03 pm

I don't think I've seen anybody blame a single victim yet. Point it out to me if they or I have.

B-Mac. You just said you take precautions, and you said you know you might be attacked.

So you would be fine for your wife to take the same route home by herself at night?
Last edited by HH3 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:03 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:and here's the common-sense that is sadly lacking in todays world.

When I got a part time job at BP while studying, went over some of the rules such don't try and fight someone with a gun pointed at you etc.. when I replied that's just common sense, the response was "there is no such thing as common sense - everyone's interpretation of 'common sense' is different, therefore it can not exist" or something to that affect.

BP managers are great life coaches.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:14 pm

HH3 wrote:I don't think I've seen anybody blame a single victim yet. Point it out to me if they or I have.

B-Mac. You just said you take precautions, and you said you know you might be attacked.

So you would be fine for your wife to take the same route home by herself at night?

Yep I take some precautions. But my version of “enough” is very different to what others may think. Including you who clearly is way more risk averse with taking public transport.

And my wife wouldn’t take that route. But that’s beside the point. Some women may take that route and feel safe doing so. And I’m not going to say it’s their fault by not taking what others deep “proper” precautions like some of you
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:15 pm

bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote:I don't think I've seen anybody blame a single victim yet. Point it out to me if they or I have.

Yep I take some precautions. But my version of “enough” is very different to what others may think. Including you who clearly is way more risk averse with taking public transport.

And my wife wouldn’t take that route. But that’s beside the point. Some women may take that route and feel safe doing so. And I’m not going to say it’s their fault by not taking what others deep “proper” precautions like some of you

To answer you question from before, I didn't have a license, worked in Gawler, lived in Andrews Farm, and my missus at the time lived in Moana, so I used public transport a lot for the next few years. I still listened to music, but made sure I could see people around me. I always got someone to pick me up from the train station instead of trekking it. I altered my behaviour to keep myself from becoming a victim again.

Who said it's their fault?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:21 pm

HH3 wrote: Don't encourage women to put themselves in danger to spite the rapists. They should still make smart decisions.

Well the inference here is that the woman was dumb for walking through the park and she has a share of the blame for getting murdered
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion