Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:26 pm

bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote: Don't encourage women to put themselves in danger to spite the rapists. They should still make smart decisions.

Well the inference here is that the woman was dumb for walking through the park and she has a share of the blame for getting murdered

That's what you've gleaned from this?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:30 pm

You two have consistently argued that women not going into dangerous places is the way to stop this happening
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:33 pm

bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote: Don't encourage women to put themselves in danger to spite the rapists. They should still make smart decisions.

Well the inference here is that the woman was dumb for walking through the park and she has a share of the blame for getting murdered

No, the inference is that the whole conversation on other social media platforms is irresponsible. There's been others telling women to feel empowered and walk around at night alone.

"Instead of telling our girls not to walk through parks alone, we need to be telling our boys not to rape"

"She had every right to walk home alone. She had every right to feel safe. For no one ever told her male friends to take care. To text when they're home. To be careful. Yet she wasn't safe. She wasn't alone. And her life is gone. Because we live in a culture where we blame the victim."

This is the shit thats been doing the rounds.

Firstly, pretty sure boys know raping is bad. Pretty sure I've been educated on consent.

Secondly, she has the right to feel safe, but the real world isn't safe. I do tell my male friends to take care. I pick them up. I do tell males to text me when they get home.

It's a case of people claiming people are victim blaming, when no ones actually blamed the victim.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:37 pm

bennymacca wrote:You two have consistently argued that women not going into dangerous places is the way to stop this happening

Well it would help, wouldn't it.

I don't go into dangerous places because I don't want to be attacked. What's the difference?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:38 pm

bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:39 pm

HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:You two have consistently argued that women not going into dangerous places is the way to stop this happening

I don't go into dangerous places because I don't want to be attacked. What's the difference?

So the victim does share some of the blame. Gotcha

And as I’ve said consistently who are you to say what is dangerous and what isn’t. That’s a relative thing and you can’t possibly judge someone else based on what your perception of what is dangerous
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:42 pm

bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote:

And as I’ve said consistently who are you to say what is dangerous and what isn’t. That’s a relative thing and you can’t possibly judge someone else based on what your perception of what is dangerous

Women walking alone at night through dark parks isn't dangerous...

Gotcha.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:42 pm

There's such a lack of nuance around this conversation.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:43 pm

HH3 won’t catch public transport at night or walk anywhere alone

Dogwatcher seems like he will take public transport but will only walk on well lit roads

I seem to be slightly more risky than that but still try to take note of my surroundings.

Which one of us is right?

Or are only afforded the luxury of this leeway because we are men?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:45 pm

HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Women walking alone at night through dark parks isn't dangerous...

Gotcha.

I’ve never said that it wasn’t dangerous. Just that we all take calculated risks every day and we shouldn’t be judged for doing so
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:45 pm

benny don't think for one minute that I wouldn't want to live in your perfect world, I'd love to, it would be just swell, I wish you all the best on that crusade for all throughout the history of mankind nobody has been able to accomplish such a feat.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:46 pm

bennymacca wrote:

I don't think anyone has implied that at all. One wouldn't think that any innocent person that dies through no fault of their own or is acted upon vioilently/ against their will can be found to have any fault and I find it a funny (not funny haha) that anyone could logically think so.

and yes, we can achieve a world where everyone can walk safely anywhere they want without fear

Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:46 pm

Booney wrote:benny don't think for one minute that I wouldn't want to live in your perfect world, I'd love to, it would be just swell, I wish you all the best on that crusade for all throughout the history of mankind nobody has been able to accomplish such a feat.

What is dangerous and what is safe is different for everyone but you guys don’t seem to think so.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:48 pm

You aren't reading what I'm writing obviously. I said I caught public transport exclusively from Gawler to Moana for years after the attack.

Sorry for trying to keep my friends and family safe. I'll tell em they have to fend for themselves.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:50 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:benny don't think for one minute that I wouldn't want to live in your perfect world, I'd love to, it would be just swell, I wish you all the best on that crusade for all throughout the history of mankind nobody has been able to accomplish such a feat.

What is dangerous and what is safe is different for everyone but you guys don’t seem to think so.

What that poor girl thought was safe unfortunately had no bearing on the outcome though, did it? It's not what you "think" is safe or not it's what in the real work actually "is" safe.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:51 pm

HH3 wrote:You aren't reading what I'm writing obviously. I said I caught public transport exclusively from Gawler to Moana for years after the attack.

Sorry for trying to keep my friends and family safe. I'll tell em they have to fend for themselves.

Saying to keep safe is very different to saying well she shouldn’t have been there in the first place

But we are going around in circles
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jase » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:51 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Who on here has said that? All I have seen is that people have suggested that in the current time, when we don't live in a safe utopia in which we can do as we wish without fear of injury, rape or death, is that people need to be cautious.

You have said yourself you take precautions, wouldn't it make sense that due to the nut cases and freaks that do wander our streets people just look after themselves... That isn't victim blaming that is just wanting people to be safe...

Of course everyoneshould be able to be free from fear of injury/death/rape, but we aren't and I doubt we ever will be. Lets look after ourselves and others... but I could be wrong and most likely am...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:51 pm

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

What that poor girl thought was safe unfortunately had no bearing on the outcome though, did it? It's not what you "think" is safe or not it's what in the real work actually "is" safe.

And that’s a continuum which differs for everyone
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:51 pm

"I think its safe, so therefore it is" - B-Mac 2018

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:52 pm

bennymacca wrote:HH3 won’t catch public transport at night or walk anywhere alone

Dogwatcher seems like he will take public transport but will only walk on well lit roads

I seem to be slightly more risky than that but still try to take note of my surroundings.

Which one of us is right?

Or are only afforded the luxury of this leeway because we are men?

And I'm pretty certain that not one of us would walk through Princes Park or any other large and unlit park at night. Because it is not safe. I would issue this warning to men and women, as would the police.

Why is it okay to issue travel alerts for overseas, but not alert people to think about their safety at home.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion