SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: AdFl Junior codes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Brodlach wrote:I got to admit I use to be one of those ugly parents. Not at any of the players but more so at the senior umpires (not the kids). Thought it was right being a paying parent, how wrong I was. I’ve always encouraged the kids, from both teams, but the umpires use to get my back up. One in particular we would get week in week out. He didn’t like us and made it known so I returned the favour. Stupid me!

Today I encourage our team but just don’t say a word if possible. More just well done, Pats on the back at games end or clapping.

I make a concerted effort to go and congratulate the umpires and say "well umpired" after the game for any effort above satisfactory and I generally stick up for them if our supporters are having a sook.

It does make a difference next time you have them, they generally are only hearing crappy whinges like "how did he get rid of it"? so something positive at the end of the match is good.

Honestly, parents are so biased, their own team drops a ball in a tackle and it's "holding the man", the other team does it and it's "how did he get rid of it". It is quite laughable when you're out there.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Pag wrote:I reckon I'll be doing the same when mine are old enough to play team sports. I've watched two of my nephew's Under 8s games this year and have walked away shaking my head both times at the reactions of some parents, in a grade where results don't even matter.

Yep, it's a jungle out there, it turns good people into tools, I don't mind locking myself in for the goal umpiring gig for the season either, you'll cop a few wet days but no one will bother you, you get to watch your kid play uninterrupted and no one sits up either end at most grounds.

No club is exempt from these sorts.

Wait till your boys playing u16's at 3pm on a Sunday when the drunks are braying from the balconies, no goal umpire is spared.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Wait till your boys playing u16's at 3pm on a Sunday when the drunks are braying from the balconies, no goal umpire is spared.

Oh yeah, I've umpired a few games out at Mt Fitzroy where the natives come alive in a close match.

Always have the medieval battle happening on the other side of the ground to keep you amused between plays.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Pag wrote:I reckon I'll be doing the same when mine are old enough to play team sports. I've watched two of my nephew's Under 8s games this year and have walked away shaking my head both times at the reactions of some parents, in a grade where results don't even matter.

Yep, it's a jungle out there, it turns good people into tools, I don't mind locking myself in for the goal umpiring gig for the season either, you'll cop a few wet days but no one will bother you, you get to watch your kid play uninterrupted and no one sits up either end at most grounds.

No club is exempt from these sorts.

I enjoyed the pleasure of this at Hectorville on Sunday for Under 18s. They spared the umpires,but thought it appropriate to abuse our players.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:I enjoyed the pleasure of this at Hectorville on Sunday for Under 18s. They spared the umpires,but thought it appropriate to abuse our players.

Do Statler and Waldorf still sit on the balcony at Hectorville? How they've never been thrown off there has got me stuffed.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:I enjoyed the pleasure of this at Hectorville on Sunday for Under 18s. They spared the umpires,but thought it appropriate to abuse our players.

Do Statler and Waldorf still sit on the balcony at Hectorville? How they've never been thrown off there has got me stuffed.
I dunno. There were quite a few up there.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:30 pm

I reckon some parents (particularly the later games like 16's), forget they're watching kids sport and think they're at the local SANFL or AFL game the way they carry on.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Should be no alcohol at kids games
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Brodlach wrote:Should be no alcohol at kids games

They in force that over here in the NFL, no grog until 30 minutes after the final siren of junior footy. Good idea and really well accepted and executed.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:54 pm

Corona Man wrote:

They in force that over here in the NFL, no grog until 30 minutes after the final siren of junior footy. Good idea and really well accepted and executed.
Used to be no grog at VAFA games, suppose it still is.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:55 pm

Yeah nah. The knobs that are mouthy will either bring their own anyway or still be mouthy.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:41 pm

Few years ago we had a guy go off because we wouldn’t serve him a Jack Daniels at 9:30am on a Sunday morning
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Brodlach wrote:Few years ago we had a guy go off because we wouldn’t serve him a Jack Daniels at 9:30am on a Sunday morning
Yeah sorry about that, i was thirsty!
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:07 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Few years ago we had a guy go off because we wouldn’t serve him a Jack Daniels at 9:30am on a Sunday morning

Do you still have your blonde tips?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:09 am

The Bedge wrote:I reckon some parents (particularly the later games like 16's), forget they're watching kids sport and think they're at the local SANFL or AFL game the way they carry on.

Is it u16's or u16.5's in SANFL juniors?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby MW » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:10 am

Dutchy wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I reckon some parents (particularly the later games like 16's), forget they're watching kids sport and think they're at the local SANFL or AFL game the way they carry on.

Is it u16's or u16.5's in SANFL juniors?

U16s for girls
U16.5s for boys
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2608 times
Been liked: 1848 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:06 am

Brodlach wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Do you still have your blonde tips?
You sure they werent grey tips, i got them.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:15 am

MW wrote:
U16s for girls
U16.5s for boys

My lad's gonna love it, sneaks in another season.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:51 am

I'm hearing the level up from U15 next season will push out to U17 so all lads coming out of U15 will get 2 seasons and some who thought they going up to U18 or Seniors in 2019 will get another season.

This is also why the AdFL have already told clubs that the U18.5 comp will not be played on a Sunday next season and will have to be played at alternate times, if there is even a comp at all.

One option being floated is the Vic Amateurs model of having an U19 comp with games played on a Saturday. A quick look at the VAFA fixture shows that most these games are played on a Saturday at 2pm away from where the Seniors play. An U19 comp would eliminate much of the college factor because many of the lads would have left school but not sure how this would work in the AdFL as many clubs and players would want most their older U19 eligible lads to be playing seniors, particularly if they are any good.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby locky801 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Down the Hill wrote:I'm hearing the level up from U15 next season will push out to U17 so all lads coming out of U15 will get 2 seasons and some who thought they going up to U18 or Seniors in 2019 will get another season.

This is also why the AdFL have already told clubs that the U18.5 comp will not be played on a Sunday next season and will have to be played at alternate times, if there is even a comp at all.

One option being floated is the Vic Amateurs model of having an U19 comp with games played on a Saturday. A quick look at the VAFA fixture shows that most these games are played on a Saturday at 2pm away from where the Seniors play. An U19 comp would eliminate much of the college factor because many of the lads would have left school but not sure how this would work in the AdFL as many clubs and players would want most their older U19 eligible lads to be playing seniors, particularly if they are any good.

Interesting concept, i heard earlier in the season that the U18's were staying in its current format apart from the fact that they were going to play Friday night games, be interesting to see what occurs here
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3704 times
Been liked: 1170 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League