Woodville South
5%
Smithfield
7%

Total votes : 85

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby Number4 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:34 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I can't see the bottom two picking up enough wins to stay in div 5 either now.

This week at Ingle Farm is massive - a Farmers win keeps some very very small glimmer of hope alive of staying up.. a loss rubber stamps their return to D6.

In other news, might be the attention seeking embarsement in me, but reading results Saturday night, and seeing Kenilworth magoos knock off CBC, I did have a bit of a wry smile and warm fuzzy feeling inside..

Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of stuck up, arrogant pricks.. maybe in future when you're kicking your 30th goal of the game against a basket case, bottom of the ladder side you wont continue to carry on and rub in the faces like you've just knocked off a genuine contender. #KarmaBus ;)

It was satisfying. CBC were quite disrespectful all day so it was sweet to be in front at the final siren.
Following on from your previous comment about umpiring our game was also jeopardised by bad umpiring. All respect to the umpire as he was out there in the cold and wet but I think at 80years of age should probably not have been. CBC scored 4 goals from dodgey free kicks 15m out directly in front of goal. Unfortunately it is div 5R and we get umpires who are of that standard who look to get more involved than they should.
Number4
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:36 pm

Executive Member wrote:Have you reached out to the umpiring department to meet with them to discuss the issue?

I did earlier in the year, and had a chat with Colin about some umpiring over the opening 5 rounds - didn't want to seem like a sook or whatever, and generally just deal with things, but that was over actual officiating/decision making - was a good chat, I felt better talking through things.. then as if to mock me, one of the umpires who i'd raised as a concern fronted few weeks later to umpire us and was still terrible! :lol:

Must say though, one of the umpires on the weekend was very good.. the other though.. seems to be a trend.

Why should we as clubs pay good money for umpires that just aren't up to standard? Because they want to be involved in the game as an umpire? Because their "neutral"?

Much rather see that money go to a similar bloke from an opposition club if that's the case. :roll:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:52 pm

The Bedge wrote:
In other news, might be the attention seeking embarsement in me, but reading results Saturday night, and seeing Kenilworth magoos knock off CBC, I did have a bit of a wry smile and warm fuzzy feeling inside..

I think everyone may have done a sly little fist pump reading that one.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:Morgan Oval, the coldest I’ve ever been at the footy ever in my life on Saturday. Glad I didn’t try the BBQ. The little shelter provided was welcomed but with no coach’s box I suppose it should be provided.

Not often I rant but maybe I was just frozen to the bone on Saturday but my beef is this....

We always invite opposition clubs in for a drink after every home game, we extend our hospitality, believe it is good to foster relationships after the battle and get to know opposition players and coaches. This gesture does cost money, probably money we could better spend on getting some recruits..... but we choose to do it to foster relationships. In round 1 our hospitality was greatly accepted by Pulteney, it was a hot day and I’m sure our cold beer provided went down a treat. In round 10, it was freezing cold but there was no extension of any hospitality to us, not even a beer or a little glass of Port or a hot chocolate or something to warm the insides.......absolutely nothing! It’s not the end of the world and we will continue to do it but maybe some clubs should consider not taking if they aren’t gonna give. Even with no actual clubrooms, think outside the square and come up with some extension of hospitality which would be appreciated. Rant over

The positive is that you probably wont need to worry about going there in 2019, come back where we all get along and share our hospitality :D

Gee....thanks :D
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:28 pm

The Bedge wrote:"Insert catchy headline here about Pulteney for review"

Unfortunately that's about as positive as it gets.. A Saturday morning trek out to the South Tce parkland, and Morgan Oval - a ground/area that has so much positive going for it (beautiful grounds, picturesque view, brilliant playground) when the weather is on the brighter, warmer side.. but also, so much equally against it.

Setting the scene, arrival at 9am for the C grade fixture, and in the back of my mind excited to potentially get one of the few car parks close to the ground - ALAS! I had forgot to factor in the school junior sport taking place, and therefore parking once again at a premium.. all good we know that's generally the case.

Trudging through the water sodden playground, where a couple of braved children tried to battle the tough conditions for a play still - god bless their cotton socks! Unfortunately their adventure time was quickly cut short as a large contingent of local inhabitants arrived and setup camp in the toilet cubicle space - intoxicated, drug influenced and quickly rowdy and aggressive, they quickly scared all and sundry away from the area.

This turned the away changerooms into the new public toilets for men, women and children, who dared not head to the playground. Unfortunate, would've been really disappointing had it been a beautiful day that children would feel unable to utilise the fantastic playground facilities. Anyway, no fault of the home club.

Open ground, windy as hell, freezing cold, rain came and went, watching balls sail over my head all day, slapped with the friendly banter from the Blues playing stocks for 8 quarters, copping friendly fire from team mates.. I was hating life.. my only saving grace - the thought of the hot BBQ that I could enjoy post game.. wondering what splendid proteins and nourishment combinations await.. I can only imagine its the same way soldiers feel about their loved ones when their on the front lines, that glimmer and reminder of love and hope that keeps them strong and battling on.

Weeeeelllll let me tell you!!!!

Arrival at the BBQ, limited selection of options available - that's ok if done right - not particularly well advertised either (your Arial, size 12 font on the bottom of a laminated A4 sheets which also outlines drink availability doesn't suffice). I promptly asked for the "Steak sandwich with the lot" - $6.. happily paid overs because I didn't want the change such was my anticipation and desperation for a lovely feed.

"The lot" - what a misleading statement... apparently "The lot" is just fancy college talk for ONION.

Two pieces of stone cold marinated minute steak - practically frozen - with a rasher of equally disappointing bacon, and topped with more cold onion precariously placed on an undersized hot dog bun. Informed I could add some of the grated cheese and a selection of their sauce options (tomato and bbq - not even any mustard!) Oh boy oh boy thank you, how generous!

None the less I soldiered on, trying to find an element of positivity at the abomination placed before me.. rain began to pour, no where to shelter from the elements, combined with a lack of seating options - after two games all I wanted to do was sit down and relax for a bit - and here I was chewing on this cold piece of steak thinking this would make an ideal dog chew toy.

Last year was a cheap Woolies snag, badly burnt and soaked in oil that had been sitting in the bottom of the tray, terribly over priced and served in stale bread.

Two trips to Blue land, twice disappointed. Firmly positioned as the worst catering in the amateur league.

Cant finish on those negatives though, must be some positives so here are my top 3:
1) Playground facilities are brilliant
2) Hot water in the change rooms were awesome - god send after playing in ice cold conditions
3) Your BBQ trailer setup is actually pretty cool - just a shame the rest is dog shit.

BBQ rating: 0/5

What's wrong with you ?
After being dished up dog shit two years in a row you do nothing about it.
Ever heard of returning to the BBQ acting intoxicated and knocking over the food table by accident, who knows you might even get in a fight to warm yourself up.
Think outside the square Bedge.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby fido bedow » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:46 am

Number4 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I can't see the bottom two picking up enough wins to stay in div 5 either now.

This week at Ingle Farm is massive - a Farmers win keeps some very very small glimmer of hope alive of staying up.. a loss rubber stamps their return to D6.

Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of stuck up, arrogant pricks.. maybe in future when you're kicking your 30th goal of the game against a basket case, bottom of the ladder side you wont continue to carry on and rub in the faces like you've just knocked off a genuine contender. #KarmaBus ;)

It was satisfying. CBC were quite disrespectful all day so it was sweet to be in front at the final siren.
Following on from your previous comment about umpiring our game was also jeopardised by bad umpiring. All respect to the umpire as he was out there in the cold and wet but I think at 80years of age should probably not have been. CBC scored 4 goals from dodgey free kicks 15m out directly in front of goal. Unfortunately it is div 5R and we get umpires who are of that standard who look to get more involved than they should.

CBC B grade players would have to be the biggest bunch of flogs going around!
Also great decision to appoint an 80 yr old umpire on one of the biggest grounds in the comp!
The guy never moved out of centre square, whoever does the umpire appointments need their head read.....
fido bedow
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby old fullback » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:29 pm

I don't get to see to many games but I took in the CBCOC v Ingle Farm 2 weeks ago, and I must say the player for CBCOC in the Magoos who kicked their 28th,29th or 30th goal, (not sure now) and Ingle Farm hadn't scored and he was jumping in the air fist pumping carrying on like he kicked the winning goal in a GF, well I wet myself with laughter...
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Nixon » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:41 pm

old fullback wrote:I don't get to see to many games but I took in the CBCOC v Ingle Farm 2 weeks ago, and I must say the player for CBCOC in the Magoos who kicked their 28th,29th or 30th goal, (not sure now) and Ingle Farm hadn't scored and he was jumping in the air fist pumping carrying on like he kicked the winning goal in a GF, well I wet myself with laughter...

Hahaha the lad you are referring too has been stuck at full back his entire playing career, never having got near the goals, so who could blame him for getting a little carried away when he found himself jagging 3 in a single quarter.
Nixon
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:11 am

Was fantastic to have Wayne Milera training tonight at the Farm. An Ingle Farm Junior, it’s extremely nice that he came out of his own accord and had a run around with some mates. Training standard certainly lifted too.
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times

Postby Cat Stevens » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:13 am

Inallseriousness wrote:Was fantastic to have Wayne Milera training tonight at the Farm. An Ingle Farm Junior, it’s extremely nice that he came out of his own accord and had a run around with some mates. Training standard certainly lifted too.

Hopefully doesn't pull up with any hamstring awareness
Cat Stevens
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:34 pm

So what happened tonight at the tribunal?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:59 am

Timmy given 1 game and one suspended.

Now sitting on 11 games.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:26 am

Footy Chick wrote:Timmy given 1 game and one suspended.

Now sitting on 11 games.

That’s interesting given the rumours coming out of Hope Valley about the incident..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:32 am

The umps got the least serious incident/ report.

So based on that, it may be enough that hopefully Timmy can just play the footy now that i think we all love watching him play.

Footy Chick

Postby shoe boy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:49 am

The Bedge wrote:

Now sitting on 11 games.

That’s interesting given the rumours coming out of Hope Valley about the incident..

One game for the old sleeper hold :shock:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby truk teppitt » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:09 am

shoe boy wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Now sitting on 11 games.

One game for the old sleeper hold :shock:

Almost seems as if the fact he was sitting on 10 games suspended was taken into account...
truk teppitt
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mitcham

Postby Frank Grimes the 3rd » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:54 am

What happened to the pre game write ups?

It was a very good part of this forum :(
Frank Grimes the 3rd
Mini-League

Has liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Kybybolite

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:08 am

South Australia National Football League (SANFL) CBC Old Collegians Johansen, Jake Pending 2018-06-21

Surely he's not actually gonna play??
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:15 am

The Bedge wrote:South Australia National Football League (SANFL) CBC Old Collegians Johansen, Jake Pending 2018-06-21

Change of feeder club maybe?

Footy Chick

Postby Frank Grimes the 3rd » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:17 am

The Bedge wrote:South Australia National Football League (SANFL) CBC Old Collegians Johansen, Jake Pending 2018-06-21

0 pointer, they are really going for it this year!

but yes surely not hmmmm
Frank Grimes the 3rd
Mini-League

Has liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Kybybolite

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League