SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: AdFl Junior codes

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Wait till your boys playing u16's at 3pm on a Sunday when the drunks are braying from the balconies, no goal umpire is spared.

Oh yeah, I've umpired a few games out at Mt Fitzroy where the natives come alive in a close match.

Always have the medieval battle happening on the other side of the ground to keep you amused between plays.

Never.....especially when I was the club rep for 8 years. :D
Those medievil folk scared the bejesus out of some of the littlys
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Those medievil folk scared the bejesus out of some of the littlys

Best day of my life sitting there one Sat for cricket and suddenly a couple of knights and wizards walked past.. then seeing a group of ~20 have a battle on the soccer ground with foam swords and imaginary spells was too good to believe! :lol: :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Executive Member » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:02 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Those medievil folk scared the bejesus out of some of the littlys

Best day of my life sitting there one Sat for cricket and suddenly a couple of knights and wizards walked past.. then seeing a group of ~20 have a battle on the soccer ground with foam swords and imaginary spells was too good to believe! :lol: :lol:

obviously you had already failed with the willow
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:05 pm

Executive Member wrote:obviously you had already failed with the willow

Standard Saturday afternoon during summer 8) :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby locky801 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:07 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Executive Member wrote:obviously you had already failed with the willow

Standard Saturday afternoon during summer 8) :lol:

for a few seasons now as well ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3699 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:11 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Almost gave Pete the Ingle Farm junior boss a stroke one day there when the 7 foot viking tapped him on the shoulder to get past. What's he do at the club now?
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Almost gave Pete the Ingle Farm junior boss a stroke one day there when the 7 foot viking tapped him on the shoulder to get past. What's he do at the club now?

He's not tied up with the club anymore in any official capacity - too busy with the family building houses and going on cruises
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:45 am

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:

I was coaching an under 12 football team out there one day and was giving my pre-game speech to them when some wizard dressed in a Gargamel-like costume walked in our changerooms and took a crap while I was trying to talk to the kids complete with strains and farts.

I couldn't even tell them off for not being switched on, as if the costume wasn't funny enough to begin with.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:47 am

The Bedge wrote:

Sure it wasn't a Sunday? Under 21's association side, we.....I meant they meet once a month I thought.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:06 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Sure it wasn't a Sunday? Under 21's association side, we.....I meant they meet once a month I thought.

Hmm yeah maybe it was actually haha! Cant remember - all those days blur into one. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:10 am

The Bedge wrote:Hmm yeah maybe it was actually haha! Cant remember - all those days blur into one. :lol:

Scotty and I were coaching the PDCA 21's side, we got some good photo's of Spartacus etc. in the background.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby wassprinttospace » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:54 pm

Was at an under 15 metro game today. At least one of the young umpires is affiliated with one of the competing clubs and i'm about 90% sure the other one was as well. Unnecessarily rough play went unchecked all day for one of the two teams.

Last quarter - one player yellow carded for striking - the umpire obviously saw something to card him - as he came off the umpire said to him 'you hit him in the chin'. A second yellow card a short time later for a pinned arms, 2 action tackle with the second action a good second or two after the umpire blew his whistle resulting in the tackled played suffering concussion and not returning to play. Both yellow cards for the team of the club the umpire/s affiliated with but they could not possibly have ignored them.

SAAFL penalty guidelines - Pinning the arms of another and driving their head and or upper body to the ground. 3 - 6 weeks.

I know umpiring is difficult, i've done it at senior level, but we cant have umpires who are not much older than the players umpiring games where their club is playing. How compromised is that situation.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:43 am

wassprinttospace wrote:Was at an under 15 metro game today. At least one of the young umpires is affiliated with one of the competing clubs and i'm about 90% sure the other one was as well. Unnecessarily rough play went unchecked all day for one of the two teams.

Last quarter - one player yellow carded for striking - the umpire obviously saw something to card him - as he came off the umpire said to him 'you hit him in the chin'. A second yellow card a short time later for a pinned arms, 2 action tackle with the second action a good second or two after the umpire blew his whistle resulting in the tackled played suffering concussion and not returning to play. Both yellow cards for the team of the club the umpire/s affiliated with but they could not possibly have ignored them.

SAAFL penalty guidelines - Pinning the arms of another and driving their head and or upper body to the ground. 3 - 6 weeks.

I know umpiring is difficult, i've done it at senior level, but we cant have umpires who are not much older than the players umpiring games where their club is playing. How compromised is that situation.

Yep, too much of it, they try and give the young lads games close to where they live.

Have a look at div 2 north Under 13, Golden Grove vs Elizabeth round 3, that game was disgraceful for what you've mentioned, pretty easy to see now where each team sits and who should've won, the worst example I've seen for a long time, I never say anything to the umpires during the game but that one sure as hell tested me.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:23 am

Rules did seem to ‘soften’ this week on the sling tackles.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Yep, was talking to a SANFL Junior umpire and they are asked where they want to umpire which is obviously close to home. Ask them to umpire at the other end of the city and you won't have a game as there will be no umpires, catch 22.

They have huge issues with the growth of girls footy and umpiring resources are stretched.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby S Demon » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:15 pm

Brodlach wrote:Rules did seem to ‘soften’ this week on the sling tackles.

Which is strange given the clear instructions umpires received about dangerous tackles the last couple of weeks

I watched Ingle Farm v Hope Valley U9 game on Sunday and there were kids flying around everywhere. The young lad seemed confused with what was a dangerous tackle, what was holding the ball, what dropping the ball is, what prior opportunity is, etc..
A lot of parents from both sides showed good restraint to not give him any advice

He also didn't want to do the umpire appreciation before the game. Another clear instruction to umpires over the last couple of weeks. It made me wonder if his parents are actually passing on the emails from the SANFL or not? Which could be an issue in itself..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby S Demon » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Dutchy wrote:Yep, was talking to a SANFL Junior umpire and they are asked where they want to umpire which is obviously close to home. Ask them to umpire at the other end of the city and you won't have a game as there will be no umpires, catch 22.

They have huge issues with the growth of girls footy and umpiring resources are stretched.

I've never actually been asked, but all the games I get given are usually north east where I live. I've only ever had 2 or 3 Hope Valley games over the 2 years I've been doing it.

You're right though, if I was given a game at Brighton at 7.30pm on a Friday night, I wouldn't be all that keen to drive that far..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:32 pm

Dutchy wrote:Yep, was talking to a SANFL Junior umpire and they are asked where they want to umpire which is obviously close to home. Ask them to umpire at the other end of the city and you won't have a game as there will be no umpires, catch 22.

Watched an under 16 girls game yesterday and by Jesus the umps copped a hammering. Girls footy is the hardest to umpire as the skill level isn't as crisp, they don't interpret the rules as clearly, they follow the ball around like a swarm of bees and the parents just don't shut up.

The gap in talent from the most skilled girl in a team to the least skilled is astronomical too.

I felt sorry for the poor blokes as they were trying to be lenient but every time they blew their whistle they copped heaps of shit, both clubs were as bad as each other, including a coach who was walking a few metres on to the field to yell abuse while holding his board, a pretty well respected club too I might add.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:33 pm

S Demon wrote:

I've never actually been asked, but all the games I get given are usually north east where I live. I've only ever had 2 or 3 Hope Valley games over the 2 years I've been doing it.

You're right though, if I was given a game at Brighton at 7.30pm on a Friday night, I wouldn't be all that keen to drive that far..

I must say they looked after me pretty well travel-wise when I was doing junior games.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:35 pm

S Demon wrote:

I presume you are over 18 though, Im referring to the kids umpiring who have to rely on parents to transport them which is more of an issue than those with their own transport.

My lad is looking at his umpiring options next year (SFL or SANFL) and if he was told he had to umpire North of the city it would be an easy choice.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League