St Peters OC
18%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Postby am Bays » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Only about twenty minutes extra drive from South Gawler, could wrap up the Angaston to Salisbury North journey in under 50 minutes (I think Ango is the furthest).

Bullsh!t

15 in VC SL/X V8

mind you less stop lights 30 years ago and maintaining a strict 120 km/h speed wherever possible...

PS that's from Lyndoch rd
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:28 pm

the joker wrote:[qsaafl could Deny all clearances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No clearances to AdFL clubs- however players are free to go to other leagues, 3 player rules still applies and subject to points..
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:32 pm

Footy Chick wrote:No clearances to AdFL clubs- however players are free to go to other leagues, 3 player rules still applies and subject to points..

What about returning juniors, or players who left AdFL clubs at the start of the season to go to SN?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:33 pm

Are their junior/women's teams banned too?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:34 pm

Very out of character for Alex but the footage is very damming

Personally I believe the SAAFL is on the right track with handling ‘thuggery’ and clubs with repeat offences.

The league cannot continue to be tarnished by those types of acts and ultimately the club has a responsibility for who they put on the field and how those players behave. If the club continue to have incidents there is no other option.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:35 pm

I must say, C9 have the footage up on FB, and I reckon it looks pretty inconclusive to me :?

It's hard to really tell, looks like the Unley player is pulling on his jumper staying close, the SN player appears to be watching the ball then turns and shoves/hits him away?

How can you tell if he's punched him or just pushed him in the chest to break away? :?

8 weeks off that footage, i'd be filthy.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Trader » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:35 pm

the joker wrote:
truk teppitt wrote:The restriction may be only for Adelaide Footy league transfers, they would be free to head to other leagues either way
saafl could Deny all clearances

The League would be silly to deny clearances, both to other leagues, and to other clubs.
The league should be encouraging players to spread as far and as wide as possible.
The more that leave, especially in different directions, the harder it will be for SN to come back together for next season.

By allowing the players to go elsewhere now, the league potentially saves themselves a tough decision next year.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Philnotlil » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:36 pm

No clearances to AdFL clubs- however players are free to go to other leagues, 3 player rules still applies and subject to points.

I'd say their chances on appeal would be fairly high if they wanted to move across to another Adelaide FL club. Can't see how the league can restrict clearances on individual players on the unaffiliation issue.
Philnotlil
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby Trader » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:43 pm

The Bedge wrote:I must say, C9 have the footage up on FB, and I reckon it looks pretty inconclusive to me :?

It's hard to really tell, looks like the Unley player is pulling on his jumper staying close, the SN player appears to be watching the ball then turns and shoves/hits him away?

How can you tell if he's punched him or just pushed him in the chest to break away? :?

Was reported earlier in this thread that the Unley player was knocked out.
Possible, but highly unlikely he was knocked out from a push to the chest.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:44 pm

locky801 wrote:Effective immediately:

a. The SNFC have forfeited the bond of $5000 currently held in The League’s trust.

b. The SNFC in its entirety shall be suspended from the League for the remainder of season 2018.

Point B, can that be taken that all players are suspended, play on words I know but thats how it reads to me

Even if true, suspended players can still leave clubs cant they? Nothing I've read that says you have to serve your suspension at the club you received it at?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Fools Gold » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:45 pm

The Bedge wrote:I must say, C9 have the footage up on FB, and I reckon it looks pretty inconclusive to me :?

Wasn't the bloke knocked unconscious though? Fair to say then that it wasn't just an open palm.
Fools Gold

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:47 pm

I've watched the video about 20 times.. strangely enough and as weird as it sounds, when I go full screen it becomes very difficult to see.. but if I watch it minimised it appears to be quite obvious. :oops:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Trader » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:48 pm

Anyone able to copy and past the full article? Bloody paywall!!!

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct= ... b4koPcuNVs
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:51 pm

Watch closely you can see the Unley player's head recoil before falling to the ground. Rest of the body stays relatively still then falls sideways. If hit in the chest surely you would fall onto your back or just curl up on your knees.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:55 pm

heater31 wrote:

Watch closely you can see the Unley player's head recoil before falling to the ground. Rest of the body stays relatively still then falls sideways. If hit in the chest surely you would fall onto your back or just curl up on your knees.

Yep, pretty clear to me. Don’t know what you are watching Bedge? :D
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby locky801 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:57 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Are their junior/women's teams banned too?

Juniors are in a different League i believe (SANFL) so wont impact on them, suggest same with the womens side(s)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby ramming23 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:58 pm

I'm with you on this one. I slow that down to frame by frame and it doesn't even look like the SN player looks at the Unley player. Pretty hefty penalty for what appears to be an act that would happen 50 times a game of simply shoving a player off who's grabbing you to gain a meter. Wow big call by the league, don't reckon it would stand up in a real court with people who know what they're talking about.
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Philnotlil » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:00 pm

ramming23 wrote:

I'm with you on this one. I slow that down to frame by frame and it doesn't even look like the SN player looks at the Unley player. Pretty hefty penalty for what appears to be an act that would happen 50 times a game of simply shoving a player off who's grabbing you to gain a meter. Wow big call by the league, don't reckon it would stand up in a real court with people who know what they're talking about.

From what's been said, the medical evidence is the kicker. The video just establishes guilt.
Philnotlil
Mini-League

Postby Philnotlil » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:04 pm

The Bedge wrote:
locky801 wrote:Effective immediately:

a. The SNFC have forfeited the bond of $5000 currently held in The League’s trust.

b. The SNFC in its entirety shall be suspended from the League for the remainder of season 2018.

Point B, can that be taken that all players are suspended, play on words I know but thats how it reads to me

Even if true, suspended players can still leave clubs cant they? Nothing I've read that says you have to serve your suspension at the club you received it at?

That appears to be correct. If SNFC waives all contracts and forgive all debts - I'm not sure the league has any power to deny a clearance.
Philnotlil
Mini-League

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:13 pm

am Bays wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
carey wrote:Wolves are well and truly circling as we speak. Phones are running hot.

SN are going to BL&G next year I’m lead to believe. Time to get a fence and some netball courts!

BL&G wouldn't let them in :lol:

That's my query

Apart from making it an even 10 team competition what would the BLG gain from having a club with a known reputation that hasn't been able to modify the behaviours of it's players despite ample warnings?

The issue of juniors and netball on a Saturday is also a key discussion point along with adopting to the community and collegial aspect of Country footy.

Perhaps Adelaide Plains?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League