St Peters OC
18%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Postby redyellow&blue » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:33 am

The Bedge wrote:
overs wrote:The Adelaide Footy League has also deregistered Stengle — the league’s division one best and fairest in 2011 — for exceeding its 12-game suspension threshold.

Last night’s ban was Stengle’s first in the Adelaide Footy League but he received a six-match suspension for striking while playing for Central District’s reserves in 2005.

Stengle can move to another competition because he has not reached the 16-game threshold of football’s national deregistration policy that has been adopted by the SANFL and many country leagues..

I understand i'm the minority here, but is it time the league revisited either its 12 game threshold, or the severity of its suspensions? This is a good example of how severe it is - a player who hasn't received a suspension for 13yrs, who copped his suspension in the reserves of league footy - completely different competition - a player who has won a league medal and been an compliant member of the competition is now deregistered following one single incident in the comp.. seems bit extreme to me.

Strangely enough, suspensions don't carry over to AFL, and there is no threshold, but if they come back from those levels their suspensions count - it's stupid. AFL and SANFL suspensions shouldn't count in ammo footy, and if they do then they should also count at those levels.

Not in the minority, it's questionable, and the severity of each incident is judged by "the powers that be", not on just the incident and the player, but on your club, on your own history, and seriously.... whether the tribunal likes you or not....
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 am

redyellow&blue wrote:Not in the minority, it's questionable, and the severity of each incident is judged by "the powers that be", not on just the incident and the player, but on your club, on your own history, and seriously.... whether the tribunal likes you or not....

Be cautious what you say there young pup.. ;)

From my (limited) experience on Wednesday nights, it's more about those who are organised and prepared and present themselves adequately that has a bigger impact on the penalty.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:40 am

Can someone outline what the league did to help Salisbury North? From Kernahan’s quote it must have been a fair bit.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:42 am

The Big Shrek wrote:Can someone outline what the league did to help Salisbury North? From Kernahan’s quote it must have been a fair bit.

It should not be about what the league did for them, but what they did to help themselves.

Thanks JFK ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:43 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:OK so what could change in 3-4 months that will allow them back in?

I guess the same as Rosewater did. Demonstrate that the right people have been put into the right roles within the club, that the leaders on and off field have been able to get the playing group to acknowledge the wrong doings of the past and show the SAAFL that everyone at the club is determined to change their reputation within the league.

It can be done.

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby the joker » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:43 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:It has begun..

Salisbury North Hills Football League SA Bingos, Dylan Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association Cochrane, Joel Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North River Murray Football League Haseldine, Toby Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association Hay, Callum Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association Hay, Joseph Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Hills Football League SA Miller, Daniel Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Kilburn Owen, Jharien Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North West Croydon Wiles, Ben Pending 2018-06-21

Anyone know where Callum is heading? Willaston perhaps? Thought he may end up at Virginia, they could use him right now.
Gawler South I think
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:44 am

The Big Shrek wrote:Can someone outline what the league did to help Salisbury North? From Kernahan’s quote it must have been a fair bit.

You mean outside of giving them ample opportunities and chances to change their ways? :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:54 am

Sanitation, education, public order, oh and Aquaducts....

;)
Last edited by am Bays on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:54 am

If you want to hear from Kernahan click below and scroll to 45.50 mark -

https://www.acast.com/roweybicks/roweya ... sday21june
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:55 am

Took $5k off them
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:01 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:OK so what could change in 3-4 months that will allow them back in?

I guess the same as Rosewater did. Demonstrate that the right people have been put into the right roles within the club, that the leaders on and off field have been able to get the playing group to acknowledge the wrong doings of the past and show the SAAFL that everyone at the club is determined to change their reputation within the league.

It can be done.

Are all those people still at the club?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby carey » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
carey wrote:Wolves are well and truly circling as we speak. Phones are running hot.

SN are going to BL&G next year I’m lead to believe. Time to get a fence and some netball courts!

Tell me this. If a club gets kicked out of the league because of the issues thats happened in the present and the past. And I know it's only due to a few individuals who cause these issues. Then how is it that the rest of the players can easily be cleared to play for other clubs? I know that most of the players shouldn't be punished as the result of a few. But the SAAFL has punished the club as a whole.

Did you read that to yourself before you posted it?

The answer to that is, clearly not.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

It should not be about what the league did for them, but what they did to help themselves.

Thanks JFK ;)

Ha ha does Kernahan actually have a middle name starting with F? If so that is probably the funniest joke I’ve read on here.

Seriously though he called the club recalcitrant and said there is no point wasting more resources on them soi assumed a fair bit had been done to help them.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:21 pm

carey wrote:

Going tonight?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby bird of prey » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:34 pm

Out of curiosity, have SN done anything to try and show the league they are trying to curb the sort of on field behaviour the league wants to stamp out?

What I mean by that is look at what Eastern Park have done. I work with a few guys involved out there, and they seem to be trying pretty hard to get their house in order.

Any player that gets a yellow card, and the club internally suspends them for the following week.
Any players that gets suspended gets automatically deregistered by the club (I think).

These sorts of initiatives were made by the Club. I’m sure the league would look favourably on this. Even though they still had an incident a few weeks back (which they copped the punishment for), the league would surely cut them some slack and wouldn’t do something too drastic with them...
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby carey » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:44 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
carey wrote:

Going tonight?

yes.... But the Mrs will be with so, Behaving.

This time i am
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:52 pm

So essentially people who play for northern suburbs teams should be punished more than college types.

Red card for Saints= send off

Red card for Eastern Park = kicked out the club

Once a club does the dirty work for the league it's ok.

Call me old fashioned but I believe in equal punishment for equal offending no matter where you are from.

This is SN's first suspension this year. It's from a bloke who played state footy and won a div 1 medal. He has been reported before but in 2005 and at a league club. In my opinion calling the club recalcitrant based on that, or even in combination with the one incident that happened the year before is a bit rich.

Saying the club is to blame to justify the suspension of the club is wrong. I don't see the league putting in place there own administrator at SN which they could do and the reason is they know they couldn't do any better. Sometimes these things happen and there's nothing you can do to prevent it.

This outcome is unfair to Salisbury North. If it's justified for some other reason like safety of players the league should say so but unless they have refused assistance don't call the club recalcitrant.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Trader » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:06 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:So essentially people who play for northern suburbs teams should be punished more than college types.

Seems the opposite has been the case this year.

18 counts of striking, all 18 to the head.

There have been 9 graded intentional.

3 with severe force.
PAOC - 10 games
Henley - 9 games
Tea Tree Gully - 8 games

2 with high force.
Salisbury North - 8 games
Elizabeth - 4 + 2 games

2 with medium force
Mitchell Park - 6 games
Elizabeth - 4 games

2 with low force - both got 3+1

Elizabeth seem to be very lucky, coming out at the lower end every time.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:11 pm

I wasn't talking about tribunal outcomes but rather the idea that certain clubs should punish their own players more severely to justify their inclusion in the league.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:13 pm

PS Your conclusion that Elizabeth seem to be lucky and come out at the lower end is the most meaningless sentence ever written on her
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League