23%
St Peters OC
18%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:13 pm

PS Your conclusion that Elizabeth seem to be lucky and come out at the lower end is the most meaningless sentence ever written on her
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby mickey » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:14 pm

And the defense rests your honor
The Big Shrek wrote:So essentially people who play for northern suburbs teams should be punished more than college types.

Red card for Saints= send off

Red card for Eastern Park = kicked out the club

Once a club does the dirty work for the league it's ok.

Call me old fashioned but I believe in equal punishment for equal offending no matter where you are from.

This is SN's first suspension this year. It's from a bloke who played state footy and won a div 1 medal. He has been reported before but in 2005 and at a league club. In my opinion calling the club recalcitrant based on that, or even in combination with the one incident that happened the year before is a bit rich.

Saying the club is to blame to justify the suspension of the club is wrong. I don't see the league putting in place there own administrator at SN which they could do and the reason is they know they couldn't do any better. Sometimes these things happen and there's nothing you can do to prevent it.

This outcome is unfair to Salisbury North. If it's justified for some other reason like safety of players the league should say so but unless they have refused assistance don't call the club recalcitrant.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:26 pm

carey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
carey wrote:
The answer to that is, clearly not.

Going tonight?

yes.... But the Mrs will be with so, Behaving.

This time i am

Bullshit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby JesseWhite » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:27 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:I wasn't talking about tribunal outcomes but rather the idea that certain clubs should punish their own players more severely to justify their inclusion in the league.

Clubs that have a history and are on AAA probably need to take action like this in order to change though don't they?
JesseWhite
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby carey » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:29 pm

the joker wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:It has begun..

Salisbury North Hills Football League SA Bingos, Dylan Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association Cochrane, Joel Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North River Murray Football League Haseldine, Toby Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association Hay, Callum Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association Hay, Joseph Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Hills Football League SA Miller, Daniel Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Kilburn Owen, Jharien Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North West Croydon Wiles, Ben Pending 2018-06-21

Anyone know where Callum is heading? Willaston perhaps? Thought he may end up at Virginia, they could use him right now.
Gawler South I think

No clearances will be processed for this week. All will be processed from Monday.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby jo172 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:34 pm

Tend to suspect it's naive to think everything that led to this is public knowledge.

Can think of a couple of things that were handled with discretion to the benefit of the League and Northies image
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby WingerFC » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:35 pm

carey wrote:
the joker wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:It has begun..

Salisbury North Hills Football League SA Bingos, Dylan Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association Cochrane, Joel Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North River Murray Football League Haseldine, Toby Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association Hay, Callum Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association Hay, Joseph Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Hills Football League SA Miller, Daniel Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North Kilburn Owen, Jharien Pending 2018-06-21
Salisbury North West Croydon Wiles, Ben Pending 2018-06-21

Anyone know where Callum is heading? Willaston perhaps? Thought he may end up at Virginia, they could use him right now.
Gawler South I think

No clearances will be processed for this week. All will be processed from Monday.

That is crap - their reasoning is that they don't want a heap of players collectively going to a single club this weekend within the SAAFL. Looking at the list above there are only 2 players who have applied within the SAAFL. I think the real reason is they think there is a chance they will overturn the club imposed sanction and know the mess it will cause clearing everyone if there is a game to play the following week.. honestly what a mess.
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:38 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:So essentially people who play for northern suburbs teams should be punished more than college types.

Call me old fashioned but I believe in equal punishment for equal offending no matter where you are from.

This is SN's first suspension this year. It's from a bloke who played state footy and won a div 1 medal. He has been reported before but in 2005 and at a league club. In my opinion calling the club recalcitrant based on that, or even in combination with the one incident that happened the year before is a bit rich.

Saying the club is to blame to justify the suspension of the club is wrong. I don't see the league putting in place there own administrator at SN which they could do and the reason is they know they couldn't do any better. Sometimes these things happen and there's nothing you can do to prevent it.

This outcome is unfair to Salisbury North. If it's justified for some other reason like safety of players the league should say so but unless they have refused assistance don't call the club recalcitrant.

While I agree with a lot your sentiment I think the league would be taking the view of the extreme.

If the injured player had sadly passed away from the injury sustained there would be no doubt there would be a prosecution against the league as well as the club and players involved.

No doubt lines such as ‘what did the league do to ensure the safety of players against a club with a repeated history of violence’ would be thrown around etc

IMHO all the league is doing is protecting themselves from the inevitable that will happen one day. Answering questions from a guy in your position question what they have done

Give it 20 years and all players will be required to get a police clearnance as part of their registration. A history of violent convictions and the league will deny registration.
Last edited by whufc on Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:48 pm

WingerFC wrote:
That is crap - their reasoning is that they don't want a heap of players collectively going to a single club this weekend within the SAAFL. Looking at the list above there are only 2 players who have applied within the SAAFL. I think the real reason is they think there is a chance they will overturn the club imposed sanction and know the mess it will cause clearing everyone if there is a game to play the following week.. honestly what a mess.

JK said that they have the right to appeal before 5pm today, it's just common courtesy to wait.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby footys the winner » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:51 pm

That is an extreme hypothetical whufc.

Here is one for you that isn't too extreme.

What about the mental health of Stengle who now has a life ban for 2 suspensions over a (roughly) 15 year senior football career? Who does that fall back on?

whufc wrote:

While I agree with a lot your sentiment I think the league would be taking the view of the extreme.

If the injured player had sadly passed away from the injury sustained there would be no doubt there would be a prosecution against the league as well as the club and players involved.

No doubt lines such as ‘what did the league do to ensure the safety of players against a club with a repeated history of violence’ would be thrown around etc

IMHO all the league is doing is protecting themselves from the inevitable that will happen one day. Answering questions from a guy in your position question what they have done
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:53 pm

footys the winner wrote:That is an extreme hypothetical whufc.

What about the mental health of Stengle who now has a life ban for 2 suspensions over a (roughly) 15 year senior football career? Who does that fall back on?

whufc wrote:

Surely that's on him for belting someone?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:55 pm

whufc wrote:

I don’t agree with it but the world we live in off risk assessments and WH&S mean we live in the extremes.

If we can’t suspend because of fear of mental health we won’t be able to suspend a single player. The league may need to supply mental health and anger management support for the player.
Last edited by whufc on Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Not to mention that he was the straw that broke the camel's back, his mental state was in my thoughts when this all unfolded, I hope he's alright.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby footys the winner » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:57 pm

whufc wrote:

whufc wrote:

I don’t agree with it but the world we live in off risk assessments and WH&S mean we live in the extremes.

If we can’t suspend because of fear of mental health we won’t be able to suspend a single player. The league may need to supply mental health and anger management support for the player.

Suspending a player and de-registering him for life... Minor difference.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Not to mention that he was the straw that broke the camel's back, his mental state was in my thoughts when this all unfolded, I hope he's alright.

The league should still provide mental health and anger management support.

Literally every industry in life have the ability to ban for life whether it be a resteraunt, criminal conviction, gym membership.

You suspend as you deem fit and then provide the support required to the guilty

You can’t not suspend the bloke for whacking people because he might suffer from that. Good luck with that as a defence if he went on to cause someone harm

The players are lucky they don’t face criminal convictions
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:11 pm

http://www.adelaidefootball.com.au/player-welfare/

Direct from the website, these are services available to all players in the AdFL in regards to their personal welfare.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby footys the winner » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:12 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Literally every industry in life have the ability to ban for life whether it be a resteraunt, criminal conviction, gym membership.

You can’t not suspend the bloke for whacking people because he might suffer from that. Good luck with that as a defence if he went on to cause someone harm

I don't think anyone is arguing the suspension.

First suspension since 2005 or something which has resulted in a life ban is my issue and I can't be the only one who thinks that?

13 years without a report carries no merit?
footys the winner
Under 18s

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:16 pm

footys the winner wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I don't think anyone is arguing the suspension.

First suspension since 2005 or something which has resulted in a life ban is my issue and I can't be the only one who thinks that?

I agree with you.

The 12 game threshold is pretty low over a 15 year career when you’re handing out penalties like they are now.

Put aside what the rules say, does anyone think Stengle should never play football again because of what he has done?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby footys the winner » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:17 pm

The Bedge wrote:http://www.adelaidefootball.com.au/player-welfare/

Direct from the website, these are services available to all players in the AdFL in regards to their personal welfare.

Because people with mental health issues are renowned for clicking on subheadings which lead to a link for support service and seek help on their lonesome...
footys the winner
Under 18s

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:18 pm

footys the winner wrote:First suspension since 2005 or something which has resulted in a life ban is my issue and I can't be the only one who thinks that?

110% agree with you - especially when the other offence was in the SANFL system, shouldn't influence ammos.

I don't understand why there isn't a merit system for good behaviour - like demerit points accumulated for traffic offences, games should be "removed" from the record (not removed but not counted?) after a period of sustained good behaviour.

Geez I've seen people get done for DUI time and time again and continue to get a slap on the wrist and they're endangering lives FFS.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League