Centrals vs South at My Money Oval

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Centrals vs South at My Money Oval

Postby blueandwhite » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:50 pm

Until today I used to defend Centrals supporters against people who said they were the most disgraceful supporters in the league. I thought Sturt were by far the worst; until today. Some of the stuff I witnessed today was appalling.
Centrals played like they wanted it, South still thought they were running around witches hats similar to last week, and the result tells the rest. Butcher had a day out kicking 6 and he was the difference ; somehow the ball and the boot were moving in unison for him today.
South had too many non-contributors, only Liddle and Haines were servicable. Liddle did particularly well seeing he had a very very heavy tag all day. He knew he was in for a hard day when two centrals players rag dolled him to the ground 30m off the ball seconds before the first bounce!
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Hazydog » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:03 pm

Wedgie wrote:I'm just pissed off I only took Central at the line! Easy money though. :D

Yep - I had South as favourites but certainly not $1.30 faves. The +22.5 line offered for the Dogs was gratefully accepted as was $3.70 for the win. Not sure who Sportsbets local adviser is but they’ve been a fair bit off the mark more than once this season. Good for us with the finger on the pulse though!!
On today’s game, South came to play and were in control early on, but the Dogs hung in an kept themselves in the contest, slowly but surely gaining more confidence and edging in front. Butch produced possibly his best performance for us since coming on board . T Schiller and Hoskin the other standouts. Credit to South though - they clawed back the lead in the last and probably would have won Had there been an extra minute to go.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby goddy11 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:43 pm

Hazydog wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I'm just pissed off I only took Central at the line! Easy money though. :D

Yep - I had South as favourites but certainly not $1.30 faves. The +22.5 line offered for the Dogs was gratefully accepted as was $3.70 for the win. Not sure who Sportsbets local adviser is but they’ve been a fair bit off the mark more than once this season. Good for us with the finger on the pulse though!!
On today’s game, South came to play and were in control early on, but the Dogs hung in an kept themselves in the contest, slowly but surely gaining more confidence and edging in front. Butch produced possibly his best performance for us since coming on board . T Schiller and Hoskin the other standouts. Credit to South though - they clawed back the lead in the last and probably would have won Had there been an extra minute to go.

Sportsbet have had a few bad calls this year. I wish I was a betting person because I could have cleaned up.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:56 pm

Sounds like it was a good game. Well done Dogs.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby southee » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:21 pm

Few South players missing in action today. Some poor delivery in the forward lines.

Still think we missed a few opportunities in the game with some terrible decision making at times. Centrals seemed to want to win the game more while we probably still had our heads in the clouds from last weeks win versus Crows Ressies. Thought our body language from the first bounce was poor and felt like we won the game before it started.

Liddle (thrown around like a rag doll throughout the game!), Haines, Heaslip and probably Brooksby best for us.

Some players likely to have a run back in the 2s with some coming up.

Side note : Always had a bit of time for Central supporters (we are the 2 clubs who voted "no" to the AFL ressies) but some of the behavior by a few of their "supporters" was a disgrace today. Vile behavior directed at the "handful" of South faithful supporters at the game today including from what I saw, support staff. I know we all have our Dick Head supporters but today stepped right over the line of banter.

Westies win in 2 weeks critical for a finals spot.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby TDJ44 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:35 pm

Finally a win......glad to eat my words.
It was an overdue 4 qtr performance and an excellent game from Jack Hannath.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Groucho » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:38 pm

Groucho wrote:Have you been watching the last 5 weeks?
I'm expecting a 10 goal loss, but only because it is at home anywhere else would be 15 goals.

:shock: :D :lol:

Never been more happy to be so wrong. Finally enjoyed a game for once although spent most of the game waiting to lose. Thought the green boogers were going to pull a free out at the end to win the game for South, but happy to be wrong.

Loved seeing Butcher and Templeton kicking goals and Hannath ,Hoskin and Travis were all very good and everyone else played well also.

Quite like football again. :)
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby another grub » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:33 pm

ALL ABOARD
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 432 times
Been liked: 403 times

Postby Kahuna » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:27 am

Two South supporters complaining of bad behaviour by Centrals supporters. What happened?
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Kahuna » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:44 am

Also noted John Olsen at the game today. To paraphrase Monty Python, "How dare you profane this place with your presence."
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Postby robranisgod » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:42 pm

Kahuna wrote:Also noted John Olsen at the game today. To paraphrase Monty Python, "How dare you profane this place with your presence."

He was there to tell the two no voting teams what a bonus the Crows reserves have been to the competition.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Reddeer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:25 pm

robranisgod wrote:
Kahuna wrote:Also noted John Olsen at the game today. To paraphrase Monty Python, "How dare you profane this place with your presence."

He was there to tell the two no voting teams what a bonus the Crows reserves have been to the competition.

And I wouldn't believe a word he says, proven LIAR
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Big Phil » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:09 pm

TDJ44 wrote:
Grenville wrote:Haven't minded bits I've seen of Ryan Falkenberg this year, has a good set of hands. If we're going to use the rest of the year to see who else might be of league standard he might be worth a go at some stage.

Ryan Humphries carnelly is the one I'd be picking.
Only slightly built but has pace and excellent skills.
The other would be Llewellyn Milera.....he was very impressive in reserves trials and looked a better prospect than Watts who played league trials.
Not sure if Milera is injured though,the identification of talent between Milera and Watts was way off in my opinion.

Agree on Falkernberg, he has been impressive. Started the year in the Under 18's.

Although Carnelly Humphries does win plenty of the ball, he simply burns it too much.

And Lywellen Milera is no longer at the club anymore, @TDJ44 as he had some personal issues.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Big Phil » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:19 pm

John won the Split 50/50 Raffle on Saturday and donated his $500 odd dollars in prize money back to Central Districts.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Groucho » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:33 pm

Big Phil wrote:

John won the Split 50/50 Raffle on Saturday and donated his $500 odd dollars in prize money back to Central Districts.

Shouldn't he have donated it to Central District. ;)
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Kahuna » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:31 am

Big Phil wrote:

Well I guess that changes everything then.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Postby Reddeer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Kahuna wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Well I guess that changes everything then.

Not for me, can't stand the crook
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby saintal » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:01 pm

Got around to watching a replay last night. Disappointing result, but credit to Centrals. South beaten around the ball, played very indirect and over-possessed the ball, while skills were sub-par. Lack of intensity at times too. Liddle again our best.

Terrible decision to award Templeton a mark in the final term that resulted in a goal. Umpire guessed.

Good to see a key forward kick a bag, just a pity it was against South.

Enjoyed the call on LifeFM while busy with other priorities. On the subject of media, Big Phil did a decent job of keeping Krissie Steen ‘on track’ and talking about football for most of the afternoon on the DP coverage- no small feat. :shock:

Anybody have a crowd figure?
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby southee » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:54 pm

saintal wrote:Got around to watching a replay last night. Disappointing result, but credit to Centrals. South beaten around the ball, played very indirect and over-possessed the ball, while skills were sub-par. Lack of intensity at times too. Liddle again our best.

Terrible decision to award Templeton a mark in the final term that resulted in a goal. Umpire guessed.

Enjoyed the call on LifeFM while busy with other priorities. On the subject of media, Big Phil did a decent job of keeping Krissie Steen ‘on track’ and talking about football for most of the afternoon on the DP coverage- no small feat. :shock:

Crowd approximately 1700 reported
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:18 pm

southee wrote:
saintal wrote:Got around to watching a replay last night. Disappointing result, but credit to Centrals. South beaten around the ball, played very indirect and over-possessed the ball, while skills were sub-par. Lack of intensity at times too. Liddle again our best.

Crowd approximately 1700 reported

1700 reported? That must have been one huge punch up!
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL